E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

The Long Strange Trip

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 11:09 AM
Contributors

Location: Proud citizen of THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA and MORGANTOWN, W.V.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '05 530i, Premium, Steptronic, Logic7, Silver grey-black leather. Build date 12/7/04.

Well, as best as I can detect, my car(built 12/7) left Bremerhaven on 12/15, on a ship named "EMDEN", part of K-LINE. It stops at Southhampton, then Baltimore, and ends the journey in Charleston, S.C. on Jan. 1, where the car gets off. I'm told by BMW NA that the South Carolina VPC is by far their largest. Is this true?, and who out there has had their car processed there? I assumed the car would go to Jersey for VPC, but I guess not. It'll probably be a mess what with the holiday back-up at the VPC, as well as the car not being unloaded probably until the 3rd. Oh well, rambled on too long....the wait continues....see ya.
Old 12-15-2004, 11:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

You don't indicate where you are, but I guess if you thought the car would go to the New Jersey VPC, that you are closer to the Northeast. Anyway, I'm in New Orleans and my car came through Charleston. Ship docked and car offloaded on Feb 14 2004, arrived at my dealer on Sunday Feb 22nd. Unfortunately for me, that was Mardi Gras week, so the dealer was closed on Monday and Tuesday (oh well, part of the price you pay for living here). By the time the dealer finished prep work and I took delivery, it was Friday Feb 27th. Anyway, assuming no delays at the VPC, should be a week to ten days getting to your dealer from landing. Other than actual New Year's day, don't think the holiday will cause any big delay. Those ports operate 24/7 loading and unloading.
Old 12-15-2004, 11:26 AM
Members

"niktee: Proud citizen of "The Great Satan" United States of America."
You don't like it? Then LEAVE!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-15-2004, 11:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: '05 530i, Premium, Steptronic, Logic7, Silver grey-black leather. Build date 12/7/04.

Originally Posted by dwdrums00' date='Dec 15 2004, 03:26 PM
[snapback]69400[/snapback]
First of all, try and get it. In making that statement, I AM MAKING A STATEMENT TO THOSE WHO WOULD DISPARAGE THE NAME OF MY BELOVED AND GREAT HOMELAND. I am merely saying to anyone who would call our country such a name.....BRING IT ON and see just how great the name you have given us really is. It's a shame I would have to explain myself to someone who has no sense of humor. And
Old 12-15-2004, 11:38 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by dwdrums00' date='Dec 15 2004, 03:26 PM
[snapback]69400[/snapback]
First of all, try and get it. In making that statement, I AM MAKING A STATEMENT TO THOSE WHO WOULD DISPARAGE THE NAME OF MY BELOVED AND GREAT HOMELAND. I am merely saying to anyone who would call our country such a name.....BRING IT ON and see just how great the name you have given us really is. It's a shame I would have to explain myself to someone who has no sense of humor. Think a little before for you cast your opinion.
Old 12-15-2004, 11:41 AM
Members

I have a sense of humor, but it is hard to convey (without hearing your tone) what point you are trying to get across. I know many people that make statements such as that with malicious undertones(anti American's.) I simply thought this was another one of those situations. I apologize for the misinterpretation.
Old 12-15-2004, 11:47 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by niktee' date='Dec 15 2004, 09:09 PM
Well, as best as I can detect, my car(built 12/7) left Bremerhaven on 12/15, on a ship named "EMDEN", part of K-LINE.? It stops at Southhampton, then Baltimore, and ends the journey in Charleston, S.C. on Jan. 1, where the car gets off.? I'm told by BMW NA that the South Carolina VPC is by far their largest.? Is this true?, and who out there has? had their car processed there?? I assumed the car would go to Jersey for VPC, but I guess not.? It'll probably be a mess what with the holiday back-up at the VPC, as well as the car not being unloaded probably until the 3rd.? Oh well, rambled on too long....the wait continues....see ya.
[snapback]69396[/snapback]
Week 50 build, right? When you say your car was built on 12/7, do you mean assembly was finished on that date? The reason I ask is because my car was built during week 50 and is presently sitting as status 155 Assembly Complete - but I've been advised my delivery date has knocked back 2 weeks to Jan 4th. I should point out I'm in the UK, but as I understand it our cars travel the same journey to the port - only mine gets loaded onto a ship bound for the UK instead of the US.

I'm jealous of our cars being built in the same week and yours being on a boat already!
Old 12-15-2004, 11:47 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by dwdrums00' date='Dec 15 2004, 03:41 PM
I have a sense of humor, but it is hard to convey (without hearing your tone) what point you are trying to get across. I know many people that make statements such as that with malicious undertones(anti American's.)? I simply thought this was another one of those situations. I apologize for the misinterpretation.
[snapback]69406[/snapback]
I have amended my profile. Even though I see the humor in mocking those who mean us harm, I simply don't think the attempt at humor is worth alienating anyone who may not share my sense of satire.
Old 12-15-2004, 11:51 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 330dse' date='Dec 15 2004, 03:47 PM
[quote name='niktee' date='Dec 15 2004, 09:09 PM']Well, as best as I can detect, my car(built 12/7) left Bremerhaven on 12/15, on a ship named "EMDEN", part of K-LINE.? It stops at Southhampton, then Baltimore, and ends the journey in Charleston, S.C. on Jan. 1, where the car gets off.? I'm told by BMW NA that the South Carolina VPC is by far their largest.? Is this true?, and who out there has? had their car processed there?? I assumed the car would go to Jersey for VPC, but I guess not.? It'll probably be a mess what with the holiday back-up at the VPC, as well as the car not being unloaded probably until the 3rd.? Oh well, rambled on too long....the wait continues....see ya.
[snapback]69396[/snapback]
Week 50 build, right? When you say your car was built on 12/7, do you mean assembly was finished on that date? The reason I ask is because my car was built during week 50 and is presently sitting as status 155 Assembly Complete - but I've been advised my delivery date has knocked back 2 weeks to Jan 4th. I should point out I'm in the UK, but as I understand it our cars travel the same journey to the port - only mine gets loaded onto a ship bound for the UK instead of the US.

I'm jealous of our cars being built in the same week and yours being on a boat already!
[snapback]69412[/snapback]
[/quote]
Yes, finished production on 12/7. I assume it's on the ship. The schedule says the "EMDEN" sails 12/15 and the shipping company told me today that the ship would arrive in port here in the US on 1/1, but who knows?
Old 12-15-2004, 11:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

For what it's worth niktee, I understood your meaning. Pretty funny I thougt, but I do see how it could be misunderstood. Anyway, if your looking at a Jan 1 landing, I would suspect you'll be driving by Jan 14th.

Quick Reply: The Long Strange Trip