E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

LONG OVERDUE PICTURES

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 07:10 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: I have a 2007 Black Sapphire BMW 530i with SMG. It has the auburn interior, has PDC, Sports Package, Premium Package, rear automatic sunshades with manual side sunshades, 35% black tint, Upgraded angeleyes from Angelibrights, and Logic 7 Sound System
Model Year: 2007

Originally Posted by alfa_romeo55
Those pics where taken in Ft. Lauderdale on the strip...... When were you here????
I moved to Davie about 5 years ago from Houston, TX to attend graduate school at NOVA. My wife just finished up and I have 2 more years in SOFLA before I get to hopefully head back to Texas.
Old 05-12-2014, 07:47 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 04' 545, 6 Spd Manual, Blk Lthr, Sport Pkg, Sport Sts, Logic 7, Cold Wthr Pkg, Full L.E.D. Interior, Red Eng. Cvr, Mtech Front Bmpr, M5 Spoiler, Matte Blk Grill, Red Caps, Slttd & Drlld Rotors, 20
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by houbmw
Instead of making a new thread, I figured I would just add to this old thread so we can all enjoy the transformation. After all the original modifications that were done to the car, here is an update:

1) M5 replica mirrors
2) Projector HID fog lights
3) Orion v4/ Black out modifications/ upgraded projector lenses
4) HID reverse lights
5) NAVandTV2go pre-LCI unit with custom switch: Allowed me to add a front camera and a rear camera to display over the current i-drive screen with the push of a custom switch to toggle between the inputs
6) KW Variant 3 Coilovers
7) K&N drop in filter with charcoal filter delete
8) Custom Black suede Headliner

The car started off with OEM BMW sports suspension and I just took it off 2 weeks ago to replace it with the coilovers. I used the stock style 123 BMW wheels along with the Miro 20 inch m6 style time attack wheels while the stock suspension was on.
How much did the headliner run you? Im guessing you got OEM refinished in suede? Any pics? Also what are your specs on the wheels/tires. Looks good bro.

Last edited by Quarta2six; 05-12-2014 at 07:56 AM.
Old 05-12-2014, 01:22 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2008 528i, Black Sapphire, M5 front, 2piece Niche Touring II, Nitto Invo, H&R

God damn..Love it.. not a fan of SMG but your ride is soo clean. Needs rims but those stocks are still suitable. All around really nice.
Edit: didnt go far enough into the thread to see the wheels...can't say i'm a huge fan of them but everything else on your ride is clean, fresh and crisp.. IMHO I would be thinking about different wheels but to each their own.

Last edited by DC5Series; 05-12-2014 at 01:25 PM.
Old 05-12-2014, 03:54 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: I have a 2007 Black Sapphire BMW 530i with SMG. It has the auburn interior, has PDC, Sports Package, Premium Package, rear automatic sunshades with manual side sunshades, 35% black tint, Upgraded angeleyes from Angelibrights, and Logic 7 Sound System

Originally Posted by DC5Series
God damn..Love it.. not a fan of SMG but your ride is soo clean. Needs rims but those stocks are still suitable. All around really nice.
Edit: didnt go far enough into the thread to see the wheels...can't say i'm a huge fan of them but everything else on your ride is clean, fresh and crisp.. IMHO I would be thinking about different wheels but to each their own.
Thanks bro! Honestly, the SMG is awesome. When I bought the car I wanted a 6 speed manual but I had never purchased this expensive of a car and I had never driven a manual. Also my wife and parents had to be able to drive the car so SMG was the best of both worlds. I do find my self more and more wishing I would use 3 pedals and row through the gears. But the SMG has been awesome. I did have to replace the clutch and flywheels at 60K; but I am the original owner.

Overall, the SMG is a great transmission. I need to test drive a DCT but I love it.

I also have the active auto n52 tune.

I did not want the wheels initially and also these were for an e92 m3 offset so I had to add spacers to help clear the coilovers and also be flush with the fenders. I would probably reduce the spacer sizes and lower the car so the the wheels fit flush instead of "poke".

I am waiting to get rid of my stock 123 wheels and the following wheels are arriving in 2 weeks.
Attached Thumbnails LONG OVERDUE PICTURES-35db32b.jpg  
Old 05-13-2014, 01:51 AM
Senior Members

I need professional pictures taken to display my modifications properly
Old 05-13-2014, 02:08 AM
Senior Members

More pics on flickr as well (click here)
Old 05-13-2014, 05:19 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 04' 545, 6 Spd Manual, Blk Lthr, Sport Pkg, Sport Sts, Logic 7, Cold Wthr Pkg, Full L.E.D. Interior, Red Eng. Cvr, Mtech Front Bmpr, M5 Spoiler, Matte Blk Grill, Red Caps, Slttd & Drlld Rotors, 20
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by Quarta2six
How much did the headliner run you? Im guessing you got OEM refinished in suede? Any pics? Also what are your specs on the wheels/tires. Looks good bro.
No love on the headliner question? Interested in seeing the cost of this VS a swap from an M5.... Thanks bro
Old 05-13-2014, 05:26 AM
New Members

My Ride: 04 BMW 545i

Originally Posted by houbmw
The OEM rear Mtech bumper comes with its own rear diffuser. I had the body shop remove the stock diffuser and replace it with the custom ACS replica fiberglass rear mtech bumper diffuser. The regular ACS diffuser only has a single opening on the left side for the exhaust; I wanted quads so I had Eurorev cut out the right side as well to balance it. I just wished I had made the openings on both sides bigger to fit bigger exhaust tips.

Thanks
Old 05-13-2014, 07:07 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Quarta2six
No love on the headliner question? Interested in seeing the cost of this VS a swap from an M5.... Thanks bro
Sorry man they dyed the sunvisors and door handles. I paid 600 because they said the sunroof required extra labor.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:16 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

NICE on the new wheels that are arriving in 2 weeks!

Quick Reply: LONG OVERDUE PICTURES