E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Logic7 settings

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 05:08 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had stopped using Concert mode on Logic7 due to the loss of clarity and the slightly muffled sound it imparts to the instruments in the Jazz and Classical music I listen to. The problem is without it you lose the sound stage it adds to the music. Thought if I played with various settings on the equalizer, I might be able to compensate for the loss of clarity. Think I have come up with a setting, at least to my ears, that puts the life back into the music. If you have noticed the same loss, try this setting on the equalizer, starting with
the center or flat line as the starting point. 100 leave flat --- 200 +1 tick up --- 500 + 2 ticks up ---- 1K + 3 ticks up ---- 3K + 4 ticks up ----- 5K + 4 ticks up ----- 10K + 2 ticks up. This will add enough brightness to the music in the Concert mode by bringing up the mid and high range settings to compensate for the loss without sounding to sharp. The low bass stays the same so you do not get any booming. You can now once again enjoy the wide sound stage in Concert mode without the loss of vibrancy of the various instruments. Worth a try. Let me know if it also works for you. No two people are the same when it comes to the type of sound they enjoy but you never know.
Please don't play with the equalizer while driving and end up crashing the car. DO IT WHILE AT A STAND STILL.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by netjazz' post='199253' date='Nov 16 2005, 09:08 PM
I had stopped using Concert mode on Logic7 due to the loss of clarity and the slightly muffled sound it imparts to the instruments in the Jazz and Classical music I listen to. The problem is without it you lose the sound stage it adds to the music. Thought if I played with various settings on the equalizer, I might be able to compensate for the loss of clarity. Think I have come up with a setting, at least to my ears, that puts the life back into the music. If you have noticed the same loss, try this setting on the equalizer, starting with
the center or flat line as the starting point. 100 leave flat --- 200 +1 tick up --- 500 + 2 ticks up ---- 1K + 3 ticks up ---- 3K + 4 ticks up ----- 5K + 4 ticks up ----- 10K + 2 ticks up. This will add enough brightness to the music in the Concert mode by bringing up the mid and high range settings to compensate for the loss without sounding to sharp. The low bass stays the same so you do not get any booming. You can now once again enjoy the wide sound stage in Concert mode without the loss of vibrancy of the various instruments. Worth a try. Let me know if it also works for you. No two people are the same when it comes to the type of sound they enjoy but you never know.
Please don't play with the equalizer while driving and end up crashing the car. DO IT WHILE AT A STAND STILL.
Mine is set something like yours, but I have boosted the lower frequencies a tad also--no booming though. I do it while driving. If I can't use it while driving, then it shouldn't be there. ~(;^) Well, OK, I don't use the speed alarm while driving because it might wake me up. ~{;^)
Old 11-16-2005, 07:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Nice thats what I want... I want to see some peoples example on how they set their EQ... so I can test and see whats everyone else using...
Old 11-17-2005, 03:11 PM
Senior Members

Had anyone determined if Treble and Bass represent the lowest and highest settings on the EQ since it is missing 20Hz and 20K Hz?
Old 11-18-2005, 12:42 AM
Senior Members

I use the eq almost exactly like i use the eq in winamp. I listen also to progressive house, club, minimal and other house addictions. (hell i'm 21 ). I sometimes listen to other stuff...but hate any tyoe of rock...the only thing i kinda like is rammstein but that's death metal if i'm not mistaken. Clasics? VERY rarely (again i'm 21 ).

Attached a pic of the eq in winamp. Also i boost the treable almost to the max bass stayin the same. I use theatre also because i can get very high volumes and strong sound. Concert is too ambient, and doesn't use too much the dashbord speaker...sound comes more from the door panels. Also i set the fader a bit on the back because the back passengers always complain that the sound comes more from the front in any settings. And also setting the fader a bit to the back 2-3 ticks can give a more "full" sound.
Attached Thumbnails Logic7 settings-untitled.jpg  
Old 11-20-2005, 05:19 PM
Members

I'm not aware of the specs on the Logic 7 eq, but typically in most audio systems, the high and low eq's cover a large swath of the frequency spectrum, referred to as Q, wheras the bands in the graphic eq are much narrower.

So hypothetically, the bass control might be centered at 80hz and effect a range between 50 hz and 500 hz, boosting most of the bass region. This compares to the graphic eq's ability to increase a narrow range around each frequency band.

I typically set the graphic eq to match the interior of my car and my listening preferences, based on recordings that are accurate to me (usually a few cds I know very well).

When I am driving, some songs have too much/little bass or treble and I will make the changes with the simple bass/treble control.

Hope this helps.
__________________________________________________ ________________________________________
'06 530i Silver/Gray with Sport/Premium/Premium Sound/Nav/Cold Weather Package/and Stream's wicked iPod set up