E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Logic7 Equalizer Settings

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 08:39 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

me, too. so, the only settings not at default are overall bass +2, 100Hz +2
Old 08-27-2004, 08:45 AM
Contributors

Check this link. It talks about some of the settings that the guys in the 7 series were using for there Logic 7. May give you some additional ideas.
Old 08-27-2004, 09:47 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545iA Titanium Silver/Gray, Poplar----Cold Weather Pkg, Comfort Seats, Logic 7 Audio, Heated Rear Seats

Originally Posted by jpalmer51' date='Aug 27 2004, 09:38 AM
dealer told me to have all settings 3/4 full to give an overall good sound. I also have no clue whats best as I cant tell to big of a difference, so I jsut keep it at what they told me and it sounds great
Your dealer doesn't understand what an equalizer does. By leaving all of the sliders at the same level and adjusting them above or below the midpoint (flat setting) all you're doing is increasing or decreasing the overall volume.

The idea is to set the sliders independently to adjust the relative loudness of one or more segments of the sound spectrum. A little experimenting with extreme settings of individual sliders will quickly reveal how they impact the sound. The settings you choose are largely subjective and depend on your ears and the source.
Old 08-27-2004, 10:20 AM
Members

By leaving all of the sliders at the same level and adjusting them above or below the midpoint (flat setting) all you're doing is increasing or decreasing the overall volume.
Actually it's slightly worse than just leaving it flat. The equalizer bands don't perfectly overlap each other, so by raising all the levels simultaneously, you are overamplifying or underamplifying certain "gap" or "overlap" frequencies.

The point still remains though, doesn't really do anything to raise everything at the same time...
Old 08-27-2004, 11:30 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW

hmm .. so all in all I understand I should have a small V going across the bars? I'll play around with it a little later on today and see what happens. I don't think that changing the settings plus or minus one tick would change anything. I remember my dealer raised up the ends so it sounds about right.
Old 08-27-2004, 11:42 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545iA Titanium Silver/Gray, Poplar----Cold Weather Pkg, Comfort Seats, Logic 7 Audio, Heated Rear Seats

Originally Posted by Tofu Warrior' date='Aug 27 2004, 12:20 PM
Actually it's slightly worse than just leaving it flat. The equalizer bands don't perfectly overlap each other, so by raising all the levels simultaneously, you are overamplifying or underamplifying certain "gap" or "overlap" frequencies.

The point still remains though, doesn't really do anything to raise everything at the same time...
Quite true, Tofu, and it raises the issue that everythng else being the same, louder sounds better.
Old 08-27-2004, 11:47 AM
Members

haha, not the first time the dealer told me crap. Seems like he just says anything to get me to shutup, although when u pay almost 90k$ CAD for a car, u would think they would go over every detail. Well as of my ride home Im gonna change my settings
Old 08-27-2004, 11:49 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Lomag' date='Aug 27 2004, 01:30 PM
hmm .. so all in all I understand I should have a small V going across the bars? I'll play around with it a little later on today and see what happens. I don't think that changing the settings plus or minus one tick would change anything. I remember my dealer raised up the ends so it sounds about right.
You only want a V if you want to drop the midrange and boost the bass and treble, which is not necessarily an improvement. Many folks like exaggerated bass and treble, but that doesn't make it right for you.

Experiment with the individual sliders to see how they impact the sound, and then adjust to suit your preferences. It does require a fair amount of listening and experimenting, and unfortunately, one settting may sound great for certain songs or sources, but not cut it with others.
Old 08-27-2004, 11:54 AM
Members

Originally Posted by jpalmer51' date='Aug 27 2004, 01:47 PM
haha, not the first time the dealer told me crap. Seems like he just says anything to get me to shutup, although when u pay almost 90k$ CAD for a car, u would think they would go over every detail. Well as of my ride home Im gonna change my settings
To be fair to whoever advised you, I would not expect dealer personnel to understand equalizers, and the individual may have genuinely thought the advice to be good.
Old 08-27-2004, 12:05 PM
Members

yeah, well I certainly dont know much, which is why I followed his advice, I guess its just a matter of taking the time and adjusting to ur lik ing

Quick Reply: Logic7 Equalizer Settings