E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Logic 7 stereo

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 09:00 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Evenflow545, I agree - e60 is a great auto with some (IMHO) minor problems. I don't find Logic7 to be one of them. My sound system is playing if the car is running - cd's mostly. Live at Leeds - NOW you're TA, TA, TALKING ABOUT MY GENERATION!
Old 03-01-2005, 09:15 AM
Guest_BoxsterG_*

Originally Posted by Evenflow545' date='Feb 27 2005, 06:06 PM
Get the Logic 7 and learn to like it.? ? We're not 18 years old anymore.

Just my two cents, like it or not.
[snapback]95056[/snapback]
You are treating him as though he's 18 or younger. The logic7 is a joke compared to some other systems out there. That is one of the primary reasons I haven't purchased a new BMW. The system is not worth the money for the upgrade. My wife and I really like BMW for many different reasons but refuse to torment our selves with another sound system that insults us. The Bose stereo's in MB and Acura blow the Logic 7 away.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:56 AM
Contributors

Where has this thread gone? You would rather have an Acura, over an e60, because of the sound system? "Tormented" by the BMW's sound systems? I need to get out more, I keep think it's a freakin car!!!!!
Old 03-01-2005, 12:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

Acura uses a Panasonic system now... DVD audio. It is not Bose.

And... as someone who knows more than a thing or two about home and car audio.... allow me to just state a simple fact.

Bose sucks.

Their slogan is: "Better sound through research."

It should be: "Better sound through marketing."
Old 03-01-2005, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Guest_BoxsterG_*' date='Mar 1 2005, 07:15 PM
[quote name='Evenflow545' date='Feb 27 2005, 06:06 PM']
Get the Logic 7 and learn to like it.? ?? We're not 18 years old anymore.

Just my two cents, like it or not.
[snapback]95056[/snapback]
You are treating him as though he's 18 or younger. The logic7 is a joke compared to some other systems out there. That is one of the primary reasons I haven't purchased a new BMW. The system is not worth the money for the upgrade. My wife and I really like BMW for many different reasons but refuse to torment our selves with another sound system that insults us. The Bose stereo's in MB and Acura blow the Logic 7 away.
[snapback]95666[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yeah right.

The L7 is the best stock sound system. I had Bose in my previous car and it sucked, compared to the L7!

Old 03-01-2005, 01:03 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 525i: Premium PKG, Automatic, Cold Weather PKG, Xenon Headlights, Sat Prep;

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' date='Mar 1 2005, 04:41 PM
Acura uses a Panasonic system now...? DVD audio.? It is not Bose.

And...? as someone who knows more than a thing or two about home and car audio....? ? allow me to just state a simple fact.

Bose sucks.

Their slogan is:? "Better sound through research."

It should be:? "Better sound through marketing."
[snapback]95738[/snapback]
Anyone that really appreaciates true audio systems, particualry in the home with good stereo systems, would agree with you that Bose is not what some claim it to be and is much more of a sucess at mass marketing a product concept that the true audiophile has issues with.
Old 03-01-2005, 01:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

Anyone that really appreaciates true audio systems, particualry in the home with good stereo systems, would agree with you that Bose is not what some claim it to be and is much more of a sucess at mass marketing a product concept that the true audiophile has issues with.
Exactly. They are a great success at fooling the general public into thinking their equipment is high quality, when it is nowhere close.
Old 03-01-2005, 02:18 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' date='Mar 1 2005, 07:10 AM
So the quality of the sound is better with the Logic 7 turned off.? But this is not the only test of a good stereo system.? There is another phenominon called "stereo imaging." ......................

When I listen to the stereo with the processing turned off, I feel the sound quality is better.? But I do not like the stereo imaging with the L7 off.? It sounds like the music is coming from behind me, and I hate that.? I like to have a strong, frontal soundstage.

[snapback]95588[/snapback]
Overall tonality is more important than imaging IMO.

If you don't like the music from coming from behind with L7 off, try fading towards the front a bit. The center channel won't come into play as much, if at all, and the sound won't be totally centered, but it should help some.
Old 03-01-2005, 02:31 PM
Contributors

Overall tonality is more important than imaging IMO.

If you don't like the music from coming from behind with L7 off, try fading towards the front a bit. The center channel won't come into play as much, if at all, and the sound won't be totally centered, but it should help some.

If you read some of the earlier posts in this thread, I mentioned my experimentation with that.

I was unable to create an decent soundstage using the balance/fader.

Only with the L7 processing could I achieve this.

To me, imaging is VERY important. I prefer to take the distortion from the L7 processor to have the upfront imaging I like.
Old 03-01-2005, 02:37 PM
Members

My Ride: '05 545i Sport Package 6-speed, cold weather package, premium sound '07 Mercedes GL450 '07 Porsche 997 Carrera S

You should take a look at this thread if you are planning to upgrade the the stereo-

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=1693&st=0

Quick Reply: Logic 7 stereo