E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Logic-7 …Are you Sirius??!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 10:44 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '05 545i Sport Package 6-speed, cold weather package, premium sound '07 Mercedes GL450 '07 Porsche 997 Carrera S

Why is the option so expensive($595?), when you order the car, yet when I called my dealerships parts department to find out how much it would be to get it now since I didn't order it with the car, he tells me $350? What gives?

Why would anyone order it on the car when you can get it cheaper after you take delivery?
Old 12-07-2004, 11:08 AM
Members

Originally Posted by beewang' date='Dec 7 2004, 10:32 AM
***Warning!!*** If you don?t want to let me talk you into spending more money on your order of the new E60 ? STOP READING RIGHT NOW? and get back to work!

So ? after all the discussion on Xenon, SMG, NAV, Logic-7, HUD making these ?must have? items.? Allow me to put in my 2 cents on the SIRIUS Satellite Radio.

After spending countless hours on the i-drive and the voice command manual (thnx to Hormazd to point me to the direction of the PDF file) I finally had the opportunity to play around w/ my recently activated Siri Radio.

So I am an 80?s boy, and love the alternative type of music played on KROQ in L A. Siri has a channel on each of these type of music on all the type w/ no commercial. The sound quality is E-X-C-E-L-L-E-N-T, used in conjuction w/ the Logic-7 system. I?ve also tuned into the classic channel.? Driving at high speed on the ?California Auto-bahn? w/ Mozart on? siri?? Good God!! Its an out of body experience.

I am not a big fan of paying bull$hit utility bill such as cable TV where they nickel dime you to death!!. And people will tell you that I am a miser to the max. But after having to opportunity to play the SIRI in our new E60, its now a must have item. I am looking for ways to retrofit SIRI into all my cars. Thumbs UP!! WAY UP!! On this toy.? JUST BUY IT!! You?ll love it!!!

Cheers,

beewang
[snapback]66097[/snapback]
I just called my dealer and they said if I have Nav I can't get Sirius at this time on my 2005 545. I did pay for prep. Do you know what this is about? Thanks
Old 12-07-2004, 11:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by jared1234' date='Dec 7 2004, 01:08 PM
[quote name='beewang' date='Dec 7 2004, 10:32 AM']***Warning!!*** If you don?t want to let me talk you into spending more money on your order of the new E60 ? STOP READING RIGHT NOW? and get back to work!

So ? after all the discussion on Xenon, SMG, NAV, Logic-7, HUD making these ?must have? items.? Allow me to put in my 2 cents on the SIRIUS Satellite Radio.

After spending countless hours on the i-drive and the voice command manual (thnx to Hormazd to point me to the direction of the PDF file) I finally had the opportunity to play around w/ my recently activated Siri Radio.

So I am an 80?s boy, and love the alternative type of music played on KROQ in L A. Siri has a channel on each of these type of music on all the type w/ no commercial. The sound quality is E-X-C-E-L-L-E-N-T, used in conjuction w/ the Logic-7 system. I?ve also tuned into the classic channel.? Driving at high speed on the ?California Auto-bahn? w/ Mozart on? siri?? Good God!! Its an out of body experience.

I am not a big fan of paying bull$hit utility bill such as cable TV where they nickel dime you to death!!. And people will tell you that I am a miser to the max. But after having to opportunity to play the SIRI in our new E60, its now a must have item. I am looking for ways to retrofit SIRI into all my cars. Thumbs UP!! WAY UP!! On this toy.? JUST BUY IT!! You?ll love it!!!

Cheers,

beewang
[snapback]66097[/snapback]
I just called my dealer and they said if I have Nav I can't get Sirius at this time on my 2005 545. I did pay for prep. Do you know what this is about? Thanks
[snapback]66172[/snapback]
[/quote]

I drove Beewangs car. Its a MY05 with SAT/SIRIUS and NAV. What is your dealer smoking?
Old 12-07-2004, 11:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by mclc26' date='Dec 7 2004, 01:44 PM
Why is the option so expensive($595?), when you order the car, yet when I called my dealerships parts department to find out how much it would be to get it now since I didn't order it with the car, he tells me $350?? What gives?

Why would anyone order it on the car when you can get it cheaper after you take delivery?
[snapback]66162[/snapback]
Be careful on that $350 price, that sounds like just the part and not the 1-2 hours of labor. My dealer has quoted me around $550-575 for the full install, parts, labor and software upgrade.
Old 12-07-2004, 12:06 PM
Members

My Ride: '05 545i Sport Package 6-speed, cold weather package, premium sound '07 Mercedes GL450 '07 Porsche 997 Carrera S

Originally Posted by kscarrol' date='Dec 7 2004, 04:26 PM
[quote name='mclc26' date='Dec 7 2004, 01:44 PM']Why is the option so expensive($595?), when you order the car, yet when I called my dealerships parts department to find out how much it would be to get it now since I didn't order it with the car, he tells me $350?? What gives?

Be careful on that $350 price, that sounds like just the part and not the 1-2 hours of labor. My dealer has quoted me around $550-575 for the full install, parts, labor and software upgrade.
[snapback]66178[/snapback]
[/quote]

You're most liekly right on that one...Probably works out to be the same considering dealer charges $92/hr for labor...

When I ordered the car, the salesperson told me I couldn't get Sirius installed because I DIDN'T have NAV...What's with all the conflicting stories?
Old 12-07-2004, 12:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by mclc26' date='Dec 7 2004, 03:06 PM
[quote name='kscarrol' date='Dec 7 2004, 04:26 PM'][quote name='mclc26' date='Dec 7 2004, 01:44 PM']Why is the option so expensive($595?), when you order the car, yet when I called my dealerships parts department to find out how much it would be to get it now since I didn't order it with the car, he tells me $350?? What gives?

[/quote]

You're most liekly right on that one...Probably works out to be the same considering dealer charges $92/hr for labor...

When I ordered the car, the salesperson told me I couldn't get Sirius installed because I DIDN'T have NAV...What's with all the conflicting stories?
[snapback]66196[/snapback]
[/quote]

Told you what?!?! The lack of training of the salespeople is frustrating. No NAV, assuming you have the Sat Prep, you can get the Sirius. Now 2005's can have NAV and Sirius together, no word on a fix for 2004's yet. You give this web address to your salesperson so that he/she can learn something about the very expensive cars that they are trying to sel...
Old 12-07-2004, 12:29 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i sports package, Nav, HUD, cold weather, Prem sound, Orient Blue, Auburn int. Steptronic

It's amazing how uneducated the sales reps are. Siruis can and does work with NAV. Works great on my car and I agree it's a must have as the sound quality and selection is outstanding. The price of $595 or so, includes 1 year subscription which is worth about $140 +/- . Yes it's expensive. I put XM after market on my last car and it cost about $175 to install (not including subscription). But, it wasn't integrated and stuck out on the dash. If you can buy it, it's worth it. I laughed my arse off listening to Raw Dog.
Old 12-07-2004, 02:07 PM
Members

Originally Posted by kscarrol' date='Dec 7 2004, 05:18 PM
[quote name='mclc26' date='Dec 7 2004, 03:06 PM'][quote name='kscarrol' date='Dec 7 2004, 04:26 PM'][quote name='mclc26' date='Dec 7 2004, 01:44 PM']Why is the option so expensive($595?), when you order the car, yet when I called my dealerships parts department to find out how much it would be to get it now since I didn't order it with the car, he tells me $350?? What gives?

[/quote]

[snapback]66196[/snapback]
[/quote]

Told you what?!?! The lack of training of the salespeople is frustrating. No NAV, assuming you have the Sat Prep, you can get the Sirius. Now 2005's can have NAV and Sirius together, no word on a fix for 2004's yet. You give this web address to your salesperson so that he/she can learn something about the very expensive cars that they are trying to sel...
[snapback]66205[/snapback]
[/quote]

While you can get Sirius w/o the NAV, do you know if you can get both an Aux In and Sirius? I just had Sirius installed and asked about the Aux in and was told that they could not do both.
Old 12-07-2004, 06:47 PM
Contributors

i'm lovin sirius in my week old 5er, but can't figure out how to change stations by voice control. do any of you know if this is in the voice command menu? i can get to AM, FM, and all the CDs but not satellite radio.

Thanks
Old 12-07-2004, 07:25 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Did you try saying "Entertainment" then saying "options"?

If there's a command for Sirius, it's likely that the car will tell you what to say...

Quick Reply: Logic-7 …Are you Sirius??!!