E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Logic-7 …Are you Sirius??!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 08:32 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW M-Power

***Warning!!*** If you don?t want to let me talk you into spending more money on your order of the new E60 ? STOP READING RIGHT NOW and get back to work!

So ? after all the discussion on Xenon, SMG, NAV, Logic-7, HUD making these ?must have? items. Allow me to put in my 2 cents on the SIRIUS Satellite Radio.

After spending countless hours on the i-drive and the voice command manual (thnx to Hormazd to point me to the direction of the PDF file) I finally had the opportunity to play around w/ my recently activated Siri Radio.

So I am an 80?s boy, and love the alternative type of music played on KROQ in L A. Siri has a channel on each of these type of music on all the type w/ no commercial. The sound quality is E-X-C-E-L-L-E-N-T, used in conjuction w/ the Logic-7 system. I?ve also tuned into the classic channel. Driving at high speed on the ?California Auto-bahn? w/ Mozart on siri? Good God!! Its an out of body experience.

I am not a big fan of paying bull$hit utility bill such as cable TV where they nickel dime you to death!!. And people will tell you that I am a miser to the max. But after having to opportunity to play the SIRI in our new E60, its now a must have item. I am looking for ways to retrofit SIRI into all my cars. Thumbs UP!! WAY UP!! On this toy. JUST BUY IT!! You?ll love it!!!

Cheers,

beewang
Old 12-07-2004, 08:41 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by beewang' date='Dec 7 2004, 12:32 PM
***Warning!!*** If you don?t want to let me talk you into spending more money on your order of the new E60 ? STOP READING RIGHT NOW? and get back to work!

So I am an 80?s boy, and love the alternative type of music played on KROQ in L A. Siri has a channel on each of these type of music on all the type w/ no commercial. The sound quality is E-X-C-E-L-L-E-N-T, used in conjuction w/ the Logic-7 system. I?ve also tuned into the classic channel.? Driving at high speed on the ?California Auto-bahn? w/ Mozart on? siri?? Good God!! Its an out of body experience.

? JUST BUY IT!! You?ll love it!!!

Cheers,[FONT=Arial]

beewang
[snapback]66097[/snapback]

the only thing really annoying is that with the Logic 7 and Sirius options, it costs us about $2500 to listen to the radio ...i dont get where BMW NA comes up with $595 plus prep

...the Acura's, Infiniti's, and Lexus give it for nothing, and of course everything works
Old 12-07-2004, 08:47 AM
Senior Members

Yup, Sirius and Logic 7 is amazing. Did the classical music thing on a 4 hour drive up to Cleveland. Is BMW still offering 14 months of Sirius free?
Old 12-07-2004, 08:50 AM
Contributors

First year's still free. I confirmed last week with Sirius.

On the bright side, they told me that MB charges $795 for it with first year free.

My buddy just bought an Audi - didn't say there was a charge.

I think this, over time, will become a free option, but for now, they are contracting out for the receivers, and it's a relatively small user base - like 3 million total for XM and Sirius, so it's not unreasonable that it's a paid option for now.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

I've been sold on Sirius for years. Now if I could only get the bloody thing with my '04 & Navigation... :bashwall:
Old 12-07-2004, 09:15 AM
Members

My Ride: 05 545i, Jet Black, Black Leather, Black Anthracite. Sport Pkg, HUD, NAV, 20-way Comfort Seats, Prem Snd Pkg Logic7, Htd Rear Seats, Rear side impact, Cold Weather Pkg, Fold Down Rear Seat/Ski bag, Soon 2B chromed rims. Picked up in Munich, Drove it to Prague, Vienna, Salburg & Bremerhaven. Put on 1300 miles. Enjoyed driving it 140mph on Autobahn (4,400 rpm).

Originally Posted by beewang' date='Dec 7 2004, 12:32 PM
[Thumbs UP!! WAY UP!! On this toy.? JUST BUY IT!! You?ll love it!!!

Cheers,

beewang
[snapback]66097[/snapback]
Unfortunately I'm reading this about 4 months too late. I'm picking my Euro 545 up here in So Cal (which has been sitting at the VPC for a week ) any day now. I'm soooo mad that I unknowingly screwed myself out of Sirius (via Idrive) over a stupid $70 prep charge...and yes, I am bitter

SveaRike
Old 12-07-2004, 09:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i SMG. Titanium Grey with Grey interior and Anthracite wood.

I agree with Bewang. I love Sirius!
Old 12-07-2004, 09:20 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 545I Titanium Silver Metallic / Black Leather / Poplar Grain Wood Trim /Automatic Cold Weather Package / Heated Rear Seats / Xenon Headlights / Sirius Satellite Radio Leather Selector Lever w/Wood Inlay / Wood E-Brake Handle / Red Rear Reflectors / BMW All Weather Mats / BMW All Weather Trunk Liner / LoJack Anti-theft System

It is the perfect compliment to the perfect car. SIRIUS Satellite Radio is the way to go.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

I am a 60's boy and I too cannot go without my Sirius. Ordered on my 645 and have it as an add on in two vehicles, and in the house. But I expect the fully integrated version on the 6er to be an even more pleasuable experience. It is so addictive I even copy some of the programming to CDROM (MP3) and play it on computer at work (I am in a secure area that cannot have RF receive or tramsmit devices). Great for long trips too.
Old 12-07-2004, 10:30 AM
Contributors

Glad to hear all of this, my 545i is at the dealer getting Sirius installed as we "speak". I am supposed to pick up my car tonight. Thanks for the information.

Quick Reply: Logic-7 …Are you Sirius??!!