E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

loaner denied

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 07:44 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Retired 2008 535i Titanium-silver with sport, premium, steptronic, NAV, HUD Retired 2006 525i

It's time for my oil change.

In addition my baby needs a new tail lamp and a little paint on the rear bumper where my nurse bumped into. But the dealer says since they will also be doing some repair work, I don't qualify for a loaner.

I think he is right but I'm not sure. In any case I'm pissed at the inconvenience of somehow getting to a car rental from the BMW dealership.

BTW, does BMW NA actually look into any complaints of gruff/slightly rude behavior on part of the dealer or should I just forget about it.

Thanks for your input.
Old 02-01-2006, 07:53 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by juventus' post='233033' date='Feb 1 2006, 11:44 AM
BTW, does BMW NA actually look into any complaints of gruff/slightly rude behavior on part of the dealer or should I just forget about it.
From my experience BMWNA does listen. And I've also known BMWNA to read message boards.

That said, there is no guarantee that they would intervene in every case.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:31 AM
Members

My Ride: 530i, Sport Package, Premium Package, Navigation.

When I owned my E39 and had issues with rude behavior at the dealer or other inconveniences, BMWNA did definitely intervene. I always make sure to sound reasonable and calm when I have spoken to BMWNA and they always seem to go out of there way to make sure my needs were met by intervening or placing a call to the particular dealership. Good luck!
Old 02-01-2006, 09:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by juventus' post='233033' date='Feb 1 2006, 10:44 AM
It's time for my oil change.

In addition my baby needs a new tail lamp and a little paint on the rear bumper where my nurse bumped into. But the dealer says since they will also be doing some repair work, I don't qualify for a loaner.

I think he is right but I'm not sure. In any case I'm pissed at the inconvenience of somehow getting to a car rental from the BMW dealership.

Thanks for your input.
Every Lexus dealer in my town offers a loaner regardless of the type of repair if it is over 2 hours or you specifically request for a loaner. An oil change does not warranty a loaner because of the short time it takes to change oil. If the job is perform outside of the dealership, i.e., body paint work, then no loaner either. All warranty work contains loaners.

So, when I bought a BMW and found out that only SOME dealers offer loaners and you have to reserve 2 weeks in advance, I was not as happy. But I'm happy with the car as long as it doesn't go to the dealership.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:23 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Bimmer32' post='233062' date='Feb 1 2006, 01:07 PM
Every Lexus dealer in my town offers a loaner regardless of the type of repair if it is over 2 hours or you specifically request for a loaner.

But you pay the price by having to drive a Toyota/Lexus.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by ImolaRedM' post='233071
Every Lexus dealer in my town offers a loaner regardless of the type of repair if it is over 2 hours or you specifically request for a loaner.

But you pay the price by having to drive a Toyota/Lexus.
[/quote]

Ya you pay less for somthing that more reliable and breaks down less often than a BMW.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 M5 -- Exterior: Silverstone, Interior: Black. Fully Loaded. That just about sums it up! :-)

The *disclaimer* at my BMW dealership is that if you schedule an appointment you simply have to request a loaner car. Of course this means that I wait a few weeks before my scheduled appointment instead of just dropping in a day or two from now.

I've never been turned down for a loaner car. The majority of loaner cars at my dealership are BMWs When they run out of BMW loaner cars they use their Enterprise Rent-a-car source.

BTW, BMW NA *does* listen.
Good Luck,
-CoolTones
Old 02-01-2006, 10:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Our dealer is in a mega upscale auto park. A Hertz in on the back lot behind BMW. I am not sure if BMW is only user of the Hertz, but BMW rents cars for us. Not great cars, but one always gets one.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:16 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Retired 2008 535i Titanium-silver with sport, premium, steptronic, NAV, HUD Retired 2006 525i

I wish we had more than one dealership in Little Rock, Arkansas and it's surroundings.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:40 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i - scheduled for ED pickup in Munich on 7/22!

Also, don't dealers refuse loaner cars if you didn't buy your BMW from that particular dealer?

Quick Reply: loaner denied