E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Live from Brugge (or Bruges)

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 06:37 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Hi Friends:

We are having a great time in Brugge or Bruges. It is a great little town. The people are fun, friendly, and helpful. As you may now, I have been having software problems from Bruges. I think it is the fourm software, but others may disagree. I know that I have never had problems before. Or maybe it is just a hangover from the Burssels "curse."

Anyway, I finally saw a few new-model BMW's and a model I am unfamiliar with and took some snappies. Also, I took a few vids of transportation modes in Bruges.

All the files I am going to try to attach are seriously shrunken so much of their quality is gone. The vids were taken mith my Minolta--which allows at most 30 sec. vids. I hope it all works out and I end uo posting something you can enjoy.

We are looking forward to being home soon.

I will try to attach the vids separatly. They are MPEG4's so they may not attach properly. I don't what is happening. I have attached 9 small photos, but only 4 1/2 are showing up. I'll try to attach the others to a reply to this message. Nevermind, they all decided to show up. I give up on the vids for now. Later

Here are the vids maybe.
Attached Thumbnails Live from Brugge (or Bruges)-0_1.jpg   Live from Brugge (or Bruges)-0_2.jpg   Live from Brugge (or Bruges)-0.jpg   Live from Brugge (or Bruges)-0_4.jpg   Live from Brugge (or Bruges)-0_5.jpg  

Live from Brugge (or Bruges)-0_6.jpg   Live from Brugge (or Bruges)-0_7.jpg   Live from Brugge (or Bruges)-0_8.jpg   Live from Brugge (or Bruges)-0_3.jpg  
Old 01-05-2006, 07:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by Znod' post='219517' date='Jan 5 2006, 05:37 PM
Anyway, I finally saw a few new-model BMW's and a model I am unfamiliar with and took some snappies. Also, I took a few vids of transportation modes in Bruges.

Great, you finally managed to get the pics public.

If you are meaning the 3 door grey car as "an unfamiliar car",
I can tell you the model is a E46 Compact.
It is probably a 316i or a 318i, and the car is based on the 4-door E46.
The Compact was also availble as an 325i.

The 3-series E36 was also availble as an Compact.
I used to own a 316i MY '95.

The Compact is not more built, the 1-series is the new Compact.
Old 01-05-2006, 07:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='219531

Great, you finally managed to get the pics public.

If you are meaning the 3 door grey car as "an unfamiliar car",
I can tell you the model is a E46 Compact.
It is probably a 316i or a 318i, and the car is based on the 4-door E46.
The Compact was also availble as an 325i.

The 3-series E36 was also availble as an Compact.
I used to own a 316i MY '95.

The Compact is not more built, the 1-series is the new Compact.
[/quote]
Hi Rr:

Actually, while I mentioned pics originally, what I was trying to post at the time were some vids. I still am having problems with them, but never give up. I think I know what is wrong now. Thanks for the info on the "mystery" mode.
Old 01-05-2006, 07:14 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW 316ti, 2004 BMW 530d, 2006 BMW 530xd, 2013 BMW 320d touring, 2014 BMW 520d touring, 2016 BMW X5, 2020 BMW 320da touring, 2020 BMW 540i
Model Year: 1974
Engine: Flat six

I had a 316Ti compact 3 years ago.
It was a nice car for a single man ... not now for a married man with 2 daughters....
Old 01-05-2006, 07:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by Tuga' post='219541' date='Jan 5 2006, 06:14 PM
I had a 316Ti compact 3 years ago.
It was a nice car for a single man ... not now for a married man with 2 daughters....

One should not be confused with the Compacts Ti and the Tourings iT letterings.

As said, there was a 316Ti (318Ti and 325Ti) Compact and a 316iT (and 330iT etc),
where the "T" stands for Touring.

The E60's are for example 530iT and 530iAT where the "A" stands for automatic transmission.

One more example 530dAT.
Old 01-05-2006, 08:03 AM
Members

Hello Znod,

Did you go to Knokke (seaside) ?
Where are you going to now ?

Regards,

Oliver
Old 01-05-2006, 09:51 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by OliverB' post='219570' date='Jan 5 2006, 12:03 PM
Hello Znod,

Did you go to Knokke (seaside) ?
Where are you going to now ?

Regards,

Oliver
Hi Oliver:

No we did not get to the shore. It would have been great to do so, but time was not on our side. We go back to London tomorrow for one evening and then to Phoenix the next. day. Thank your for all your support. By golly I think I got one of the vids attached.
Attached Files
File Type: avi
PICT1926.AVI (1.56 MB, 67 views)
Old 01-05-2006, 09:59 AM
Contributors

[/quote]
No we did not get to the shore. It would have been great to do so, but time was not on our side. We go back to London tomorrow for one evening and then to Phoenix the next day. Thank your for all your support.
[/quote]

I did not first relize that you still are in Europe.

Have a great time in London, and keep snapping pics!

I have not been to London since they introduced the city tolls,
I wonder are there any cars in the city

Bless ... that I do not live in Stockholm, they started the same
stupid city toll tax system this Thuesday!
Old 01-05-2006, 10:26 AM
Contributors

No we did not get to the shore. It would have been great to do so, but time was not on our side. We go back to London tomorrow for one evening and then to Phoenix the next day. Thank your for all your support.
[/quote]

I did not first relize that you still are in Europe.

Have a great time in London, and keep snapping pics!

I have not been to London since they introduced the city tolls,
I wonder are there any cars in the city

Bess ... that I do not live in Stockholm, they started the same
stupid city toll tax system this Thuesday!
[/quote]

Yep, we are still here. Did you see that I got one of the vids posted above? I am going to try again. Still lots of great cars in London.

Best, Znod

Originally Posted by Znod' post='219517' date='Jan 5 2006, 10:37 AM
Hi Friends:

We are having a great time in Brugge or Bruges. It is a great little town. The people are fun, friendly, and helpful. As you may now, I have been having software problems from Bruges. I think it is the fourm software, but others may disagree. I know that I have never had problems before. Or maybe it is just a hangover from the Burssels "curse."

All the files I am going to try to attach are seriously shrunken so much of their quality is gone. The vids were taken mith my Minolta--which allows at most 30 sec. vids. I hope it all works out and I end uo posting something you can enjoy.

We are looking forward to being home soon.

I will try to attach the vids separatly. They are MPEG4's so they may not attach properly. I don't what is happening. I have attached 9 small photos, but only 4 1/2 are showing up. I'll try to attach the others to a reply to this message. Nevermind, they all decided to show up. I give up on the vids for now. Later

Here are the vids maybe.
I was able to post one of my vids a moment ago. I am going to try to post all of them again below. Remember, they have to do with Bruge modes of transportation.
Old 01-05-2006, 10:36 AM
Contributors

[/quote]
Yep, we are still here. Did you see that I got one of the vids posted above? I am going to try again. Still lots of great cars in London.
Best, Znod
[quote name='Znod' post='219517' date='Jan 5 2006, 10:37 AM']

I checked out one video you sent. Only one hp

You should really find the time to see more about Europe.

Brugge in Belgium and a small part of London isn't anything!

It is about the same as landing on the Kennedy airport in NY
on the way to Acapulco in Mexico and say: America is great.

Go get a jar or more of good British beer!

Quick Reply: Live from Brugge (or Bruges)