E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Little Dent Problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2004, 09:16 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Hey guys, today while backing out of the garage, i kind had the rear right side of the 5, right above the Tyre touching the front of the jeep, it made a little greyish mark, quite a big one around 15-20cm im guessing, no dents, its hard to explain so i guess ill take a picture of it tomorrow morning , its not noticable from anywhere if your away 1 and half meters, but as soon as your near it, its still not bad, but i can see it everytime and i tried everything, cleaning it off with just water and cloth, go to the touchless car wash, nothing seems to be working, what do you guys recommend i should do? All advise will be appreciated.
Old 06-15-2004, 09:38 PM
Senior Members

matirx, is it a mark, dent or scratch you are referring to? did the paint chip or the damage only on the surface? did the paint come off?
sounds like a small buffer job to me, an experienced body shop can easily repair this and i have a great one to recommend.
if its really a minor scratch, i will start by going to a car detailing place, they will let you know if the mark can be shined/waxed back and take it from there.
Old 06-17-2004, 07:35 PM
Members

Hey rollee which shop would you recommend to take the car to? Btw, i found a bottle of paint restorer in the trunk , ill be checking it out tomorrow, hopefully that bottle will be the solution!
Old 06-18-2004, 10:45 PM
Senior Members

matrix, how's your car?
FYI the place is called antica located at yonge and steeles (owner's name is blair), they are inarguably the best body shop in town and will be worth your drive if needed. they are bmw recommended and does high end automobiles (just look into their lot). cannot say more of their exquisite workmanship (unfortunately from experience). rollee
Old 06-19-2004, 12:01 AM
Senior Members

I use kind of a clay bar substitute called Gel-gloss to take of stuff like that. It's found a Home Depot (and other hardware stores) here in the US. Maybe they have it where you're located. It does more than a claybar because it leaves a thin, shiny finish.

It removes light scratches and rashes. Just gently rub it on with a very damp soft cloth. The more you press, the more it works. You can thin it with water for a very,very fine polish. It leaves a nice shine and will make your paint smoother than glass. I then apply 2-3 coats of polymer finish to create a thicker/deeper shine.

Actually, I also use it on my windows to get them to feel like silk. Water will sheet off your windshield, reducing the use of windshield wipers. It lasts about a week or two after application.