E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Light on with Car Sleeping

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 08:31 AM
JDN
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a new experience last night. I had used the car during the morning and garaged it before noon. Before midnight I went into the garage to retrieve something from the car, and found the rear lights on. No side markers and no front lights, just the rear lights. Sorry I don't know whether these were the rear lights or brake lights, but they were pretty bright so I assumed brake lights. I opened the door and pulled up on the brake pedal, but that didn't turn them off. I got in turned on the car system with the key, all lights came on, shut the system down and all lights went off. Now, is that strange or what. Anybody else have this experience?
Old 02-25-2005, 08:37 AM
Guest_sav_*

Originally Posted by JDN' date='Feb 25 2005, 12:31 PM
I had a new experience last night. I had used the car during the morning and garaged it before noon. Before midnight I went into the garage to retrieve something from the car, and found the rear lights on. No side markers and no front lights, just the rear lights. Sorry I don't know whether these were the rear lights or brake lights, but they were pretty bright so I assumed brake lights. I opened the door and pulled up on the brake pedal, but that didn't turn them off. I got in turned on the car system with the key, all lights came on,? shut the system down and all lights went off.? Now, is that strange or what. Anybody else have this experience?
[snapback]94311[/snapback]

So strange, it happened to me one week ago. I did the same thing. However, the next morning my battery was dead. I took the car to dealership where they could not reporduce the problem. All that was done was another software upgrade (to V15.2) and I have not had the same problem since.
Old 02-25-2005, 08:54 AM
JDN
Contributors

Was it your tail lights or brake lights?
Old 02-25-2005, 09:22 AM
Guest_sav_*

Originally Posted by JDN' date='Feb 25 2005, 12:54 PM
Was it your tail lights or brake lights?
[snapback]94319[/snapback]
tail lights
Old 02-25-2005, 09:50 AM
JDN
Contributors

Thanks. I should have been able to figure that out since the light in the rear window was not involved.
Old 02-25-2005, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Were the keys in the ignition when this happened? Don't forget about that bug I've talked about a few times...
Old 02-25-2005, 10:36 AM
JDN
Contributors

No keys in the ignition for me, Rudy. Dallas crooks know too many ways to get past a garage door, and that is all I would have since I don't have the garage door wired to the house alarm system. Do you bolt or lock your garage door from the inside?
Old 02-25-2005, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by JDN' date='Feb 25 2005, 02:36 PM
No keys in the ignition for me, Rudy. Dallas crooks know too many ways to get past a garage door, and that is all I would have since I don't have the garage door wired to the house alarm system. Do you bolt or lock your garage door from the inside?
[snapback]94359[/snapback]
I don't live in Dallas...
Old 02-25-2005, 10:54 AM
JDN
Contributors

Then what's your secret security plan?
Old 02-25-2005, 11:27 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530i, Silver Grey, Black Dakota, Steptronic, Premium, PDC, Logic7

This is normal in the situation where you press the left indicator when the car is shut-off. It's kind of a quirk of German engineering (I saw same thing and asked about it). I suspect only your left light was on. I think it's so cars will see your car parked on the side of a dark road. If both lights were on, then it's something different.

Quick Reply: Light on with Car Sleeping