E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Light bulb that lights the RING

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 12:56 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 E60 BMW 525i - BIRTHDAY- 11/04 - EXTERIOR- Amethyst Gray Metallic. INTERIOR- Beige Dakota Leather w/Dark Poplar Grain Wood. OPTIONS- Automatic Transmission, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, 6-disc CD changer, Bluetooth using Verizon Raza V3c phone, SIRIUS Satellite Radio. ADD-ON's- 545i Chrome Grill, Euro Red Reflectors, Factory all-weater matts & Factory Coat-Hanger.

I just had the low beam headlight on my car (non-Xenon) and noticed (again) that bulb above the low beam that must light the angel eye ring.... can you get to that w/out taking the light assembley apart? If I got a white-ish bulb would that make the ring whiter more noticable? I have been reading on here about all those upgrades to make our rings brighter but can make a little difference if we changed that bulb?
Old 05-17-2006, 03:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Yes you can. If you have non xenons you can get to the Angel eye bulb and replace them with a whiter one very easily...

There was a lot of discussion about that and people complaining... Including me that with xenons you have to remove the whole assembly before you can get to the angel eye bulbs.

Search around. I'm too lazy right now otherwise I usually will for you.
Old 05-17-2006, 03:24 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 E60 BMW 525i - BIRTHDAY- 11/04 - EXTERIOR- Amethyst Gray Metallic. INTERIOR- Beige Dakota Leather w/Dark Poplar Grain Wood. OPTIONS- Automatic Transmission, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, 6-disc CD changer, Bluetooth using Verizon Raza V3c phone, SIRIUS Satellite Radio. ADD-ON's- 545i Chrome Grill, Euro Red Reflectors, Factory all-weater matts & Factory Coat-Hanger.

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='283882' date='May 17 2006, 06:18 PM
Yes you can. If you have non xenons you can get to the Angel eye bulb and replace them with a whiter one very easily...

There was a lot of discussion about that and people complaining... Including me that with xenons you have to remove the whole assembly before you can get to the angel eye bulbs.

Search around. I'm too lazy right now otherwise I usually will for you.
so u have to get there's? Isn't it like a few hundred? It isn't a normal bulb?
Old 05-17-2006, 03:29 PM
Senior Members

Its a W5W if memory serves...

you can get them for around 15-20 quid a pop and they should give you a bluey white look. use search function and youll find it.
Old 05-17-2006, 04:41 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It won't make any difference. I tried PIAA and it did not work as I wanted.
Old 05-17-2006, 06:36 PM
Senior Members

I saw the blue ones on ebay, but I would think that all that blue tint on them would make the ring even lighter but with a blue, got blue but make it less light up which is the affect I want, I saw the phillips ones that have that light blue-ish tint not the dark blue think that might do it? Hey how easy is changing that anyway? I didn't see any place that opened up for that one, for the high and low there are those things that you turn to get to them, where is the place to open for those?
Old 05-18-2006, 03:13 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by John007' post='283938' date='May 17 2006, 09:36 PM
I saw the blue ones on ebay, but I would think that all that blue tint on them would make the ring even lighter but with a blue, got blue but make it less light up which is the affect I want, I saw the phillips ones that have that light blue-ish tint not the dark blue think that might do it? Hey how easy is changing that anyway? I didn't see any place that opened up for that one, for the high and low there are those things that you turn to get to them, where is the place to open for those?
anyone know how to get to the lights?
Old 05-18-2006, 03:38 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Collected Sept 2009 - BMW E90 M3, Silverstone II, Novillo Black leather, 19" M Double-Spoke alloys, High Beam Assist, Electronic Damper Control, Voice Control, PDC, USB, DAB, High Gloss Shadowline, Sliding armrest, Trim Finishing in aluminium grey.

I purchased some PowerPlus H7 for the main and W5W for the angels from Power Bulbs in the UK. This crowd I believe ship to the US. I'm sure there are local US suppliers of Philips Power Blue. Mine were Osram PowerPlus bulbs.

There are 4 circular screw-off caps for access to fitting the bulbs. Eight bulbs in total, four (H7's) for the dipped and main and four (W5W's) to light the angel rings.

Word of warning though, the access is fairly tight and awkward and unless you have reasoably flexible and smallish hands it may prove a tad difficuly to get the replacement bulbs located and twisted home.
Old 05-18-2006, 05:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Hey John. see this therad... theres more info in there than you'll ever want to know. Told ya I'll search threads for you when I'm not lazy.

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=20169

Pages 4 and 5 start to have some info on how to replace the bulbs for the angel eyes.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:34 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by IrishEyes' post='284419' date='May 18 2006, 06:38 PM
I purchased some PowerPlus H7 for the main and W5W for the angels from Power Bulbs in the UK. This crowd I believe ship to the US. I'm sure there are local US suppliers of Philips Power Blue. Mine were Osram PowerPlus bulbs.

There are 4 circular screw-off caps for access to fitting the bulbs. Eight bulbs in total, four (H7's) for the dipped and main and four (W5W's) to light the angel rings.

Word of warning though, the access is fairly tight and awkward and unless you have reasoably flexible and smallish hands it may prove a tad difficuly to get the replacement bulbs located and twisted home.
I have replaced the H7's before and yesterday I had to do it and my wrist is black and blue and it hurts are the w5w's just as hard to put in? Also did you notice any difference?

I LOVE MY REPLACEMENT BULBS.... I had these blueish lights before but I got these 8,500K Rainbow blue spark bubls and so far I'm loving them.... They are soooo bright and look very real to the Xenon's in color so far....

OK back to the w5w's did u like the difference or was it nothing to brag of? Oh and did u get those blue blue bulbs or the light blueish ones?

Quick Reply: Light bulb that lights the RING