E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let's Welcome BMW NA Customer Relations

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 10:57 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome aboard, BMW NA Customer Relations! We hope you enjoy the board
Old 05-13-2005, 11:43 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when they return my messages, maybe i'll welcome them.... <_<
Old 05-13-2005, 11:48 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: MY05 545i Jet Black with Auburn interior. SMG, Logic7, Sport Package, Comfort Seats, Navigation.

Don't bother. BMWNA has a standarized message that applys to every BMW board. When I called the provided number and complaint about my engine tapping problems, and the inability for the dealer to deal with this problem, all they do is apologize like there is no tomorrow. They are professional apologizers, not problem solvers.
Old 05-13-2005, 12:01 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by speedracerF4i' date='May 13 2005, 12:48 PM
Don't bother.? BMWNA has a standarized message that applys to every BMW board.? When I called the provided number and complaint about my engine tapping problems, and the inability for the dealer to deal with this problem, all they do is apologize like there is no tomorrow.? They are professional apologizers, not problem solvers.
[snapback]128107[/snapback]

Unfortunately, I've been hanging out at bimmer message boards since 1998 and I can't recall anything that indicated that their responses solved anything at all. Most of the time, people will call and the rep on the other side won't have a clue and will give the standard "All dealers are independent, we can't do anything about your problem." :'(
Old 05-13-2005, 12:05 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i, Orient Blue, Black Interior, Sport Package, Satellite

I think the best use of the customer relations group is to gain access to the regional BMW manager. BMW most likely would care if you were having significant issues. Lemon laws are charged against the manufacturer, not the dealer, and if you have repeated issues with a service dept it becomes their issue. When we had major issues with our ML320, we got the customer service group to give us contact information and ask the regional rep for the west coast to work with us.
Old 05-13-2005, 12:37 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i Space Gray

hello all....it's me (nappy)jack...the "poster" of the attention grabbing post....
i just ended my call with BMWNA, as i was invited to call or email......i had since opted not to call KNOWING it wouldn't help.....but i thought i would call just the same....
as some of you have ALREADY posted, and as i already assumed....the call accomplished nothing ....albeit a formal logged complaint of the issue...and of course the standardized "we are sorry on behalf of" and "each dealership is privately owned" responses......
i have to admit that it was "nice" to know that they did see my post in this roundabout way...nice in the sense that they know....maybe LONG BEACH BMW needs to have someone watching this board to see that bmw owners really read this, and that one VERY dissatisfied patron is making his voice heard....

now i really can't ever go back there to the dealer (for convenience sake)....i'd be afraid of what they might do to the software in my i-drive......imagine the bugs and problems they could send me off with.......jj
Old 05-13-2005, 12:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 520dA coming up.

Originally Posted by nappyjack' date='May 13 2005, 10:37 PM
hello all....it's me (nappy)jack...the "poster" of the attention grabbing post....
i just ended my call with BMWNA, as i was invited to call or email......i had since opted not to call KNOWING it wouldn't help.....but i thought i would call just the same....
as some of you have ALREADY posted, and as i already assumed....the call accomplished nothing ....albeit a formal logged complaint of the issue...and of course the standardized "we are sorry on behalf of" and "each dealership is privately owned" responses......
i have to admit that it was "nice" to know that they did see my post in this roundabout way...nice in the sense that they know....maybe LONG BEACH BMW needs to have someone watching this board to see that bmw owners really read this, and that one VERY dissatisfied patron is making his voice heard....

now i really can't ever go back there to the dealer (for convenience sake)....i'd be afraid of what they might do to the software in my i-drive......imagine the bugs and problems they could send me off with.......jj
[snapback]128118[/snapback]
Wy shouldn't you be able to get back there?
We came a far way when they are angry at you instead of the other way around aren't we?