E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

LEDs on front grill

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 10:36 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was just transported back to the 90's when every "hot car" had Neon lights ......... Neon ---> LED's same fad new technology
Old 04-26-2011, 07:17 PM
Members

Seriously? :thumbsdown:
Old 04-26-2011, 07:41 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do whatever makes you happy, just take our opinions to heart we are just looking out for your best interest 99% of the time.
With that said, if you want some type of light upgrade get an LED or HID angel eye setup like previous people said, neon looks very ricer and only down plays your BIMMER.
If your mind is set on getting some type of neon light setup then get the color changing angel eyes as a last resort.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:31 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 02/2006 525i Titanium Silver Metallic Manual 6-Speed

Originally Posted by phantazma
Does anyone have white LEDs inside the front grill that lights up the radiator? I was *thinking* of doing this, but I don't know if it will attract a lot of attention from police. And since I don't have a front license plate, I want to be a little bit cautious. Any thoughts?

Darn kids these days!

I'm assuming you are not Mexican, and you do realize this is a 5-Series BMW, not a Honda Civic!

I'm 25 and worked my butt off to earn my 5. I would never consider ruining the car with such a stupid mod... Come'on!
Old 04-27-2011, 04:16 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d MSport Auto, 19" 172 Spiders on ContiSports 2's, Pro Nav, Adaptive Xenons, Bruce M's V6 Rear LCI Cables/Lights, Number plate LED

Originally Posted by Persian_535i
Do whatever makes you happy, just take our opinions to heart we are just looking out for your best interest 99% of the time.
With that said, if you want some type of light upgrade get an LED or HID angel eye setup like previous people said, neon looks very ricer and only down plays your BIMMER.
If your mind is set on getting some type of neon light setup then get the color changing angel eyes as a last resort.
+1
Old 04-27-2011, 05:40 AM
Members

rice
Old 04-27-2011, 06:30 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i

I respect all of your opinions.
With that being said, I have decided that I'm gonna go ahead and get the white LEDs.
For me, this is just a car. You all act like it's God's creation or something.
In the end, I want to have fun with my 545.
And since most everyone HATES the idea of putting LEDs on the grill, I'll be the only one on the street with this setup.
I'd rather be unique that be a drone and buy MTEC this and MTEC that.
Now I'm not a big fan of putting lights under the car, or having a ridiculous wing on the trunk or anything like that. I even think putting on 20s is dumb.
But the way I see it, people put bright LEDs for their rear license plates... I'm just doing something similar to the front.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:12 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d MSport Auto, 19" 172 Spiders on ContiSports 2's, Pro Nav, Adaptive Xenons, Bruce M's V6 Rear LCI Cables/Lights, Number plate LED

With that being said, I have decided that I'm gonna go ahead and get the white LEDs.
And since most everyone HATES the idea of putting LEDs on the grill, I'll be the only one on the street with this setup.
Now I'm not a big fan of putting lights under the car, or having a ridiculous wing on the trunk or anything like that. I even think putting on 20s is dumb.
But the way I see it, people put bright LEDs for their rear license plates... I'm just doing something similar to the front.
Despite not agreeing with your choice, it is your car and you have free will to customise it as you please. Good luck with the mod.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:22 AM
Senior Members

You came to the forum and asked for an opinion and that is what you got. Yes, it may have been very different than what you may have been expecting but that is what happens when you ask. The plus side is you may end up meeting a member on this board because your car will standout and may get a honk if another member reads this thread and sees your car.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:35 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by pradden
I'm assuming you are not Mexican, and you do realize this is a 5-Series BMW, not a Honda Civic!

WTF does that mean? I am hispanic, my wife is Mexican, and you're an asshole - friggin Kentucky goober :thumbsdown:

Quick Reply: LEDs on front grill