E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Led dtec h8 led angel eyes v9.5 100w review!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 02:24 PM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 bmw 535i Sport Package, SAT
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by turboawd
looks like your high beams are on. lol
it is just the effect of the camera lens. it does not capture without glare
Old 09-11-2015, 02:42 PM
New Members

Hello Folks. This is an update about the DTEC H8 CREE LED ANGEL EYES V9.5, 100W.

This week i upgraded to DTEC H8 E90 LCI E60 LCI LED ANGEL EYES V12 200W

https://www.e92-lighting.com/bmw-acc...eyes-v12-200w/

This ones are brighter. And responding to a previous question, they DO dim when the headlights turn on. Besides they come with a small fan attached to the sink housing in order to cool it. I have attached some pictures with descriptions below:

the pictures are name "before","before1", "after" and "after1". So you can compare the brightness between the v9.5 and the new v12.

Any comments are welcome.
Attached Thumbnails Led dtec h8 led angel eyes v9.5 100w  review!!!-before.jpg   Led dtec h8 led angel eyes v9.5 100w  review!!!-after.jpg   Led dtec h8 led angel eyes v9.5 100w  review!!!-after2.jpg   Led dtec h8 led angel eyes v9.5 100w  review!!!-before2.jpg  

Last edited by romelrod; 09-11-2015 at 02:45 PM.
Old 09-13-2015, 05:27 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i

unfortunately, its always the same story with LCI angel eyes on these e60's. Unless you mod the rings, no matter how bright you go it only makes the other rings look duller since the light doesn't get evenly distributed. I'm so done messing with lights LoL
Old 09-14-2015, 07:06 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by JDeezyNYC
unfortunately, its always the same story with LCI angel eyes on these e60's. Unless you mod the rings, no matter how bright you go it only makes the other rings look duller since the light doesn't get evenly distributed. I'm so done messing with lights LoL
Well, brother, i wish i could afford a new F10 with Corona lights. But this is what i have and so far i am pleased. LOL.
Old 09-16-2015, 11:14 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by romelrod
Hello Folks. This is an update about the DTEC H8 CREE LED ANGEL EYES V9.5, 100W.

This week i upgraded to DTEC H8 E90 LCI E60 LCI LED ANGEL EYES V12 200W

https://www.e92-lighting.com/bmw-acc...eyes-v12-200w/

This ones are brighter. And responding to a previous question, they DO dim when the headlights turn on. Besides they come with a small fan attached to the sink housing in order to cool it. I have attached some pictures with descriptions below:

the pictures are name "before","before1", "after" and "after1". So you can compare the brightness between the v9.5 and the new v12.

Any comments are welcome.
Hello People,

Nice review romelrod, thank you !

I was looking for a review on these, you seem to be the only one actually.

Could you give some more feedback, are you still satisfied with the product ?

I also had the v9.5 and after a few months one of the balast modules exploded ..... anyway.

e-92 lightning was very fast for getting the cash on paypal, but for the rest it was a poor experience. very kind, yes, but service was very poor.
He always say yes, yes all ok , ok we did it all, but in fact i had to beg to get the tracking number ( i've waited +months before they arrived to belgium)

And when it went wrong, i had to beg for weeks to have the return adress and the procedure.

e92 also refused to send me a new pack or new balast ! ....
I had to send mine, wait again ... ( probably 2 -3 months)

i've send the complete pack back... guess what ? it arrived at the local post @ e92 usa and just disappeared ! great.
so i've lost 90% of what i had paid them, got some cash back from postal insurance.
Of course, i never had feedback from mister e-92 after that.

Very bad experience with this seller, actually the worst ever. And i buy a lot of stuff online since + 15 years.
Even cheap sellers from china are more professional.

Anyway... i'm interested by the v12 but the dollar is now on pair with euro and it's much more expensive than before.... i would like to know if you really are satisfied with these.... and i already have a headache thinking of buying a second set from this "seller".

thanks again !

ps: and btw about e92 i still have the +20 emails, sceenshots, etc
i gave tracking number and they never send me my new pack.... i will actually post this.
Old 09-16-2015, 12:17 PM
New Members

Angry

Originally Posted by E92-Lighting
what a marvelous way to enjoy the Ultimate Driving Machine
Mister Derrick Lee,

I've send you an email today.

As i said i'm still expecting my replacement kit you where supposed to send me under warranty.

I hope i'll hear from you because you never respond to my e-mails.

But once i'll go public with what i got about our exchanges you will be crying for customers all over the internet.
Take Care.
Old 09-21-2015, 09:09 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by hitm4n
Hello People,

Nice review romelrod, thank you !

I was looking for a review on these, you seem to be the only one actually.

Could you give some more feedback, are you still satisfied with the product ?

I also had the v9.5 and after a few months one of the balast modules exploded ..... anyway.

e-92 lightning was very fast for getting the cash on paypal, but for the rest it was a poor experience. very kind, yes, but service was very poor.
He always say yes, yes all ok , ok we did it all, but in fact i had to beg to get the tracking number ( i've waited +months before they arrived to belgium)

And when it went wrong, i had to beg for weeks to have the return adress and the procedure.

e92 also refused to send me a new pack or new balast ! ....
I had to send mine, wait again ... ( probably 2 -3 months)

i've send the complete pack back... guess what ? it arrived at the local post @ e92 usa and just disappeared ! great.
so i've lost 90% of what i had paid them, got some cash back from postal insurance.
Of course, i never had feedback from mister e-92 after that.

Very bad experience with this seller, actually the worst ever. And i buy a lot of stuff online since + 15 years.
Even cheap sellers from china are more professional.

Anyway... i'm interested by the v12 but the dollar is now on pair with euro and it's much more expensive than before.... i would like to know if you really are satisfied with these.... and i already have a headache thinking of buying a second set from this "seller".

thanks again !

ps: and btw about e92 i still have the +20 emails, sceenshots, etc
i gave tracking number and they never send me my new pack.... i will actually post this.
Hello Hitm4n.
My v9.5 exploded the ballasts twice in a year. This ones look more consistent since they are aluminum all around, while the v9.5 ballasts had some black resin on one face that eventually inflated to explode because of the heat.
My experience with Derrick is been good so far. He sometimes delays to answer but he always answers. He sent me the ballasts replacements for the v9.5 at no extra cost.

He also sent me a wrong set of V12, but he corrected the issue and sent me the correct ones within a week. The package arrived damaged but the product arrive in perfect conditions. I believe somebody in the post office tried to open and see what was inside. No further issues on that.

About the lights, well, they come with small fans attached to the heat sink, which is good. They are brighter but not as bright as the CORONA angel eyes of the f10. OF COURSE.
However the have the bit of more bright that the v9.5 was lacking.
You know, some times i felt like the v9.5 were not bright enough under the sunlight.

the v12 is a "little" brighter than the v9.5, and bright enough to be noticed without doubts.
the outer ring remains less shiny and we all know that is because of the design of the headlamp housing. nothing to do about it.

If you can afford the v12 i'd say : GO FOR IT.

The difference in bright is not what some people may expect , but as for me, considering the fact that they will never be CORONAS, i am pleased.

hope this helps yo to decide.

best regards
Old 10-07-2016, 03:09 PM
New Members

My Ride: F01 750 xi aftermarket Niche Wheels
Default DTEC Angel Eyes e92lighting.com

I purchased the 100 watt and the reverse led lights for my f01 750i. First off, the item arrived over a week late. Then the Asian guy who took my order began to avoid my calls. After receiving the led angel eyes, one of the ballasts was not working and he was insistent that he Estes before shipping. Getting a replacement was like pulling teeth as he was clearly avoiding me. Next, the reverse leds were worthless as I came to find out the hard way that the brake, reverse, and turn lights do not open and are already led! Therese is no way to replace these bulbs and they should have know that. Then I sent them back and NEVER received a refund!!! He did not respond to a single email, phone call, or text message. DO NOT make the same mistake I did.... you'll regret it. I am currently working with my bank to dispute the charges. About the leds, they're pretty average, nothing special. The stock bulbs are brighter and I purchased the 100 watt for the 2009 F01. Look elsewhere for a better and more reliable option.
Old 10-09-2016, 05:20 AM
New Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 535XI
Engine: N54

I will keep my LUX H8 for now...
Old 10-10-2016, 05:37 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 528i Sport

Is a 200w bulb safe? There's no way those will last longer than a couple of months you all are going to burn out your wiring harness for dim looking angel eyes during daylight and overpowered high beam looking angels at night.