E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED Angel Eyes Compatibility Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2017, 04:22 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535xi LCI
Default LED Angel Eyes Compatibility Question

I just purchased my 2008 5-series (535xi LCI) a couple of days ago. Needless to say, I am in love with her. I've been browsing a lot of forums for the past couple of days and researching about getting some bulbs for my Angel Eyes (the previous owner had removed the bulbs completely, so I currently have nothing lighting up my rings ). My research basically led me down to 2 different manufacturers of LED bulbs. LUX and DTEC. Now I know that the LUX H8 180's and V5's are compatible with my vehicle, but I'm not sure about the DTEC's. More specifically, I know that some of the (assuming they are) older versions (i.e. the V8 and 9.5 I believe, could be wrong) are compatible with my car, but I'm not sure about the V12's and other newer versions which are understandably more desirable, as they are brighter than the other versions. I looked on the website and wasn't sure about the compatiblity So my question to you guys/gals is, do you know which DTEC's I am able to use for my Angel Eyes? I still haven't decided which brand I am going with, as I still have a couple of weeks before I will be able to shell out the cash to even get some, but knowing this will help me in the decision making process, so your help is much appreciated.

Edit: This thread can be closed...I answered my own question. I just had to scroll down wayyyyy further on the website lol. Thanks Anyway

Last edited by jrolyat129@gmail.com; 07-08-2017 at 04:51 PM.
Old 07-08-2017, 05:46 PM
New Members

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW 530xiT (E61)
Model Year: 2007

Originally Posted by jrolyat129@gmail.com
I just purchased my 2008 5-series (535xi LCI) a couple of days ago. Needless to say, I am in love with her. I've been browsing a lot of forums for the past couple of days and researching about getting some bulbs for my Angel Eyes (the previous owner had removed the bulbs completely, so I currently have nothing lighting up my rings ). My research basically led me down to 2 different manufacturers of LED bulbs. LUX and DTEC. Now I know that the LUX H8 180's and V5's are compatible with my vehicle, but I'm not sure about the DTEC's. More specifically, I know that some of the (assuming they are) older versions (i.e. the V8 and 9.5 I believe, could be wrong) are compatible with my car, but I'm not sure about the V12's and other newer versions which are understandably more desirable, as they are brighter than the other versions. I looked on the website and wasn't sure about the compatiblity So my question to you guys/gals is, do you know which DTEC's I am able to use for my Angel Eyes? I still haven't decided which brand I am going with, as I still have a couple of weeks before I will be able to shell out the cash to even get some, but knowing this will help me in the decision making process, so your help is much appreciated.

Edit: This thread can be closed...I answered my own question. I just had to scroll down wayyyyy further on the website lol. Thanks Anyway
how about posting your findings for the benefit of others?
Old 07-09-2017, 06:59 AM
New Members

Good idea, sir. On each version's page under the description are a list of different videos and reviews. Scrolling past these, all the way down the page near the bottom, you will find a list of car models which are compatible with the lights. These lights are all compatible with the E60 and many other BMW makes. This includes the V14's.
Old 07-09-2017, 06:49 PM
New Members

Okay, so I've been doing more research and looking at light options. I found Umnitza. Varied reviews, but they seem pretty good overall. And I also read somewhere something about a lifetime warranty. Not sure if this is true, but that does seem tempting. I was looking at a couple of different versions and was wondering what you guys/gals thought, and maybe what the difference between the two might be...

ICE VXX - https://www.umnitza.com/angel-eyes-b...l-eyes-wl.html

ICETEC VXX 240W - https://www.umnitza.com/angel-eyes-b...test-ever.html

any input is appreciated. Thanks