E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leather seems...dry?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 12:15 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Basically as the title says, I've put 10k on the 535s black leather since I bought it in August, and the other day someone mentioned to me that the leather seemed dry and needed conditioning...
Now I'm not going to lie, I partiuclarily enjoy the drier leather, however I'd rather the leather be healthy than feel good.
Has anyone else noticed the same phenomenon? If its not normal, would lexol conditioner be adivsable?
THanks in advance.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

BMW has to offer a leather care produce.

What is better and if so, why could it be?
Old 12-04-2008, 12:43 PM
Members

Originally Posted by chromecarz00' post='737973' date='Dec 4 2008, 02:15 PM
Basically as the title says, I've put 10k on the 535s black leather since I bought it in August, and the other day someone mentioned to me that the leather seemed dry and needed conditioning...
Now I'm not going to lie, I partiuclarily enjoy the drier leather, however I'd rather the leather be healthy than feel good.
Has anyone else noticed the same phenomenon? If its not normal, would lexol conditioner be adivsable?
THanks in advance.
Lexol works. I use it once every 2 months. Keeps the leather looking new.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:44 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2004 530i premium package/active steering/auto sunshade/tiag/black dakota leather/logic 7 35% tint all around 19' DPE GT7

leatherique is the best stuff you can buy for leather.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:52 PM
ADD
Senior Members

Originally Posted by chromecarz00' post='737973' date='Dec 4 2008, 04:15 PM
THanks in advance.

I also have a 535 that has about 8k miles on it. Black leather.

Although my leather hasn't changed in my opinion, I can see how someone would think it was dry compared to other leather products. It's not particularly "soft" to the hand, if that makes sense.

I suppose leather conditioner wouldn't hurt by any means, but I don't think that the leather now is anything like the leather in previous cars. There was a previous thread about the lack of a leather "smell" in the current cars. I have noticed the same thing. My 99 528 had the leather smell until the day I sold it. Much more than the new car. The processing of the leather now may have something to do with the "dry" look you're referring to.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:15 PM
Members

Originally Posted by ADD' post='737999' date='Dec 4 2008, 01:52 PM

Although my leather hasn't changed in my opinion, I can see how someone would think it was dry compared to other leather products. It's not particularly "soft" to the hand, if that makes sense.

I suppose leather conditioner wouldn't hurt by any means, but I don't think that the leather now is anything like the leather in previous cars. There was a previous thread about the lack of a leather "smell" in the current cars. I have noticed the same thing. My 99 528 had the leather smell until the day I sold it. Much more than the new car. The processing of the leather now may have something to do with the "dry" look you're referring to.
I dont remember what it was like at the beginning so unfortnualty I cant compare, but it seems that we are discussing the same phenomenon.
Same 08 535, black leather.
Does it bother you at all? Did you apply anytihng to make it smoother?
Is it the way it should be?
Old 12-04-2008, 01:15 PM
Members

Originally Posted by ADD' post='737999' date='Dec 4 2008, 01:52 PM

I dont remember what it was like at the beginning so unfortnualty I cant compare, but it seems that we are discussing the same phenomenon.
Same 08 535, black leather.
Does it bother you at all? Did you apply anytihng to make it smoother?
Is it the way it should be?