E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

leather colour: dakota beige?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007 | 01:24 PM
Members

I have dakota beige leather and it looks fab but be careful if you have kids cause every mark shows. Now i also have a rental from bmw in black with black dakota leather and it also looks fab. I still prefer my mystic blue with dakota beige, however black on black looks really cool and if you like the silver carbon trim inside you got it made.
If you have kids go for black dakota leather.

I just sold the kids!
Old 03-05-2007 | 01:28 PM
Members

Sorry read your post again no kids.

Lots of holidays, no hassle, no boyfriend trouble, no girlfriend trouble, nobody borrowing money off you all the time, no tantrums, no exam problems and to add to that your getting a new facelift e60. What a lucky bastard!

LIFE IS SO UNFAIR!
Old 03-05-2007 | 01:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Originally Posted by m_1979' post='398585' date='Mar 5 2007, 03:46 AM
hello folks,

i am rather new to this forum, although reading for a while.

i am going to order a bmw 525d facelift in black metallic not knowing which colour to take for the seats.
is there perhaps anyone out there, wo has chosen interior colour leather dakota beige? i like the contrast to the black metallic,
but dont know how much time i have to spend to clean the beige seats and underground.

the alternative is to take leather dakota black?

i am thankful for your experience...and the reasons for your choice

ah, i have no family -> so no little kids who like to rub their chocolate on the seats ;-)

greetings from germany,

marc
I used to have the light grey interior and found it a bit of a pig to keep clean. Most of the time whilst driving I would look at the dirty marks on the carpet and say "How much did I pay for this car" It needs constant cleaning where as the black is easy to clean
Old 03-06-2007 | 01:15 PM
Members

Originally Posted by fraseman999' post='398828' date='Mar 5 2007, 11:28 PM
Sorry read your post again no kids.

Lots of holidays, no hassle, no boyfriend trouble, no girlfriend trouble, nobody borrowing money off you all the time, no tantrums, no exam problems and to add to that your getting a new facelift e60. What a lucky bastard!

LIFE IS SO UNFAIR!
hey folks,

thank you for your post and explanations. i had to laugh out loud reading your answer
there is a girlfriend and i am so happy about her being able to leave my car clean...

just wanted to express that there are no children in sight - for the moment.

i just ordered my new car today:

525d touring
sapphire black metallic
beige dakota leather (its a company car and i will drive it for - i guess - 24-29 months)
122 17"-wheels
big navi
sport seats and chassis
business packages
and more...

the optical impression has won the match against all rational thoughts ;-))

have a nice evening + greetings from germany...

marc
Old 03-06-2007 | 02:43 PM
Members

Originally Posted by AlwynMike' post='398623' date='Mar 5 2007, 06:26 AM
I have Beige Dakota in an Orient Blue car.

I have two kids and a black dog!

The seats are easily kept clean in the normal way, it's the carpets that are the problem area. (The dog is not allowed on the seats, and is confined to the front passenger footwell).

IMHO I would say go for Light Grey as a sensible compromise. Black would be too dark. At least with Grey, you get the lightness of the seats and you can put in Black mats to take the worst of dirty shoes. (I've also had light grey with black mats). Black mats (as I've got in my car) really don't look right with Beige, and Grey would be worse. Spec the car with one of the Metal effect trims rather than wood in a Black car
I have ordered monaco blue with beige dakota?as far as the new 2008 is concerned it does not have an option for beige dakota..how does beige dakota look with monaco blue ? also what wooded trim u have??
Old 03-06-2007 | 02:46 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='398723' date='Mar 5 2007, 01:34 PM
The Ocean Blue would look very nice with Cream Beige but for a lazy cleaner the black interiour is a must.
I would not order any other interiour colour for a blue car.

A black car could have almost any interiour colour.
These colour matters are so personal, that actually no one should comment on these
i have ordered monaco blue 528xi with beige dakota..i see there is no option of beige in new 2008 models.do u think creme beige will look good?also what wood trim u have ?what is nasca leather?and is there option on 5 series?
Old 03-07-2007 | 05:56 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530D , Msport, Deep Sea Blue , Cream Beige Dakota , Due April 2007.

Well here's my 2 cents.

I've ordered the LCI , Deep Sea Blue , Cream Beige Dakota , a combination i have always loved , a decision made from the heart.

Of course i must be nuts because i got 2 smurfs who currently have the back of my seats covered in foot prints (black fabric seats in a VW passat).

I've made some assumptions , the leather , although lighter in colour will be easier to clean. OK the carpet will be un forgiving , I accept that , i will vacum regularly and have a guy near buy who does a damn good valet for ?50 , so at least 2 trips a year to him are expected.

Seperatley a friend has ordered the LCI also , Titanium Silver with Black Dakota. Which is a nice combo also.

Go Cream Beige Dakota
Old 03-07-2007 | 03:12 PM
Members

Originally Posted by E60_2007' post='399587' date='Mar 7 2007, 10:56 AM
Well here's my 2 cents.

I've ordered the LCI , Deep Sea Blue , Cream Beige Dakota , a combination i have always loved , a decision made from the heart.

Of course i must be nuts because i got 2 smurfs who currently have the back of my seats covered in foot prints (black fabric seats in a VW passat).

I've made some assumptions , the leather , although lighter in colour will be easier to clean. OK the carpet will be un forgiving , I accept that , i will vacum regularly and have a guy near buy who does a damn good valet for ?50 , so at least 2 trips a year to him are expected.

Seperatley a friend has ordered the LCI also , Titanium Silver with Black Dakota. Which is a nice combo also.

Go Cream Beige Dakota
what wood trim u have?