E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

leather colour: dakota beige?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 11:46 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hello folks,

i am rather new to this forum, although reading for a while.

i am going to order a bmw 525d facelift in black metallic not knowing which colour to take for the seats.
is there perhaps anyone out there, wo has chosen interior colour leather dakota beige? i like the contrast to the black metallic,
but dont know how much time i have to spend to clean the beige seats and underground.

the alternative is to take leather dakota black?

i am thankful for your experience...and the reasons for your choice

ah, i have no family -> so no little kids who like to rub their chocolate on the seats ;-)

greetings from germany,

marc
Old 03-04-2007, 11:56 PM
Senior Members

I believe the LCI Dakota Leather also offers Cream Beige which is somewhat lighter than Beige.

ABC
Old 03-05-2007, 12:10 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: F11 -14

With kids in the car, I opted for "natural brown" which I think is a nicve comprimise between dark and light. Personally I think the black leather makes the interior much to dark and I have been "warned" by dealers that the creme-version easily get's dirty. It's alright on a city car where the passengers always are well dressed, wear nice clean clothes... but thats not the case for us with two children <3 y.o.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:29 AM
Contributors

The choice of Dakota leather colors in continental European markets consists of the following 6 alternatives:
-Dakota Beige (yes, the old one is still there)
-Dakota Cream Beige
-Dakota Dark Blue
-Dakota Grey
-Dakota Natural Brown
-Dakota Black

The upholstery and trim selection in the UK is more limited (as usual). Typically US has even less alternatives available.
You can go to bmw.de --> Konfigurator to see the full line-up, including leather/cloth combinations available for the sports
seats (again, not offered in the UK, I guess).
Old 03-05-2007, 01:13 AM
Members

My Ride: F11 520d Touring Imperial Blue, sports automatic, VDC, black leather sports seats, M Sport steering wheel, HiFi Professional, 18" 328 wheels, Xenon, PCD, electrical tow hitch etc... E87 120dM -10, Titanium silver, xenon, PDC, Hifi, 18" wheels etc. E87 120d M sport- 08, Le Mans blue, xenon, PDC, Hifi, 18" wheels etc. Sold: BMW 525dT Deep sea blue, xenon, PDC, leather, Hifi, USB etc.

I just test drove an E60 with a really uggly combination. A red metallic with dakota beige leather. I think that the beige dakota leather looks really bad. It's kind of an artificial color. I would either go for a lighter or darker tone if I was into light leather.

I am just about to order a 525dT with black leather and Deep Ocean Blue metallic. But I have kids and need something that doesn't stain.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:26 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Estoril Blue 440i GC
Model Year: 2017

I have Beige Dakota in an Orient Blue car.

I have two kids and a black dog!

The seats are easily kept clean in the normal way, it's the carpets that are the problem area. (The dog is not allowed on the seats, and is confined to the front passenger footwell).

IMHO I would say go for Light Grey as a sensible compromise. Black would be too dark. At least with Grey, you get the lightness of the seats and you can put in Black mats to take the worst of dirty shoes. (I've also had light grey with black mats). Black mats (as I've got in my car) really don't look right with Beige, and Grey would be worse. Spec the car with one of the Metal effect trims rather than wood in a Black car
Old 03-05-2007, 03:34 AM
Senior Members

I posted some pics a while ago. For comparison:
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=383168
Old 03-05-2007, 07:39 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i / Orient Blue (I think) / Tan int / 116's Wheels / ... my favorite option, the HEATED steering wheel! Previous cars retired: 2006 Corvette Z51, 2002 Corvette Coupe, 2002 Mustang, 1997 Maxima, 1994 Camry, 1990 Supra None, and I mean none compare to this 545i. The 06 Corvette was faster, but not by much...

I have dakota beige and love it! I have it on Orient Blue, which is dark. I love it!!
Old 03-05-2007, 08:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

The Ocean Blue would look very nice with Cream Beige but for a lazy cleaner the black interiour is a must.
I would not order any other interiour colour for a blue car.

A black car could have almost any interiour colour.

These colour matters are so personal, that actually no one should comment on these
Old 03-05-2007, 12:45 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E61 530d Touring, May 2004

Personal view, I don't want to sit on dirt. Hence go for the beige and keep the dirt out.

I vacuum out once a month, and wash once a year.

IMHO much brighter and more moder looking interior than black or grey, but just eprsonal opinions. Its good enough for Bentleys

Quick Reply: leather colour: dakota beige?