E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

LCI sports paddle shift is here!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 10:39 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535D M Sport Space Grey, Comfort Seat, full leather, iPod, climate pack, comms pack, heated seats, tinted windows, sports gearbox + paddle shift, 19" wheels

Picked up my 535d M Sport this morning which is complete with paddle shift.

I have only driven the 530d previously for a couple of hours but the new gear box is much, much quicker than that car. Very smooth and it changes almost instantly either up or down.

Only driven 96 miles so far so obviously not giving it any beans yet, but the 535D engine clearly just wants to go!

In M mode, should you hit the paddle the gear box goes into sports mode but if you don't hit the paddle again it reverts back to M mode within a very short period of time.

It remains to be seen if this is just a gimmick or will I use it all the time once the car is run in.

Having moved from a 4.8iS X5 to this I am not (at the moment) disappointed and I'm sure I'll have much more fun on the road

The iPod aux in works really well. Much better than my previous Gateway 300 in my X5 and the car feels really well built.

The weather here today is awful and the car already needs a clean - sounds like a good idea for the weekend.

I'm sure those of you waiting for the new shift won't be disappointed
Old 06-22-2007, 10:48 AM
Senior Members

Well done for being first on here.

Glad to see that it's still a slurpmobile (for a diesel) with a 470 mile range (travelled plus predicted)! That's what I get if I'm doing mainly urban. Even with the remap.

Is the rest of your number plate "HIT"?

ABC
Old 06-22-2007, 10:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Congrats mogsyman ,

What a CAR

Nice pics also.

Piano Black and Space Grey?
Old 06-22-2007, 11:27 AM
Members

My Ride: 535D M Sport Space Grey, Comfort Seat, full leather, iPod, climate pack, comms pack, heated seats, tinted windows, sports gearbox + paddle shift, 19" wheels

ABC535D

Nice to see more than 360 miles in a full tank, which is all I got from my 4.8!

Ricracing

Thanks. Yes, Space Grey and Gloss Black - looks lovely when clean and fingerprint free!
Old 06-22-2007, 11:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: '11 X5 xDrive35i Sport Activity M Sport Carbon Black Cinnamon Brown Dark Bamboo Anthracite Headliner M Sports Pkg Convenience Pkg Active Steering Comfort Access Heated Front Seats Navigation Premium Hi-Fi

Excellent! thx for the post and PICS!

You are the 1st!

Congrats on a beautiful car!
Old 06-22-2007, 11:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

This pic tells more than words. Give it a minute.

Attached Thumbnails LCI sports paddle shift is here!-19_comp_18.jpg  
Old 06-22-2007, 12:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i ZSP with Style 167 wheels

Originally Posted by mogsyman' post='438708' date='Jun 22 2007, 01:39 PM
Picked up my 535d M Sport this morning which is complete with paddle shift.

I'm sure those of you waiting for the new shift won't be disappointed
What a beaut! My ordered color combination, although the 535 twin turbo in the States doesn't get the wheels or aero kit as an option. :thumbsdown: I'd love to hear more about the transmission when you've added more miles.

Congrats on the new car and for being #1 with the Sports Auto!

Lou
Old 06-22-2007, 01:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530Xi - Navigation, Premium package, Steptronic.

Originally Posted by BMWSTL' post='438772' date='Jun 22 2007, 04:56 PM
What a beaut! My ordered color combination, although the 535 twin turbo in the States doesn't get the wheels or aero kit as an option. :thumbsdown: I'd love to hear more about the transmission when you've added more miles.

Congrats on the new car and for being #1 with the Sports Auto!

Lou
Nice car! Exactly what I'd want over here, except maybe put the steering wheel on the other side...

Two questions: 1) What is the little indicator in the speedometer...the little orange piece at about 85, and 2) What is the button on the steering wheel's right side which looks like two golf clubs? In the US, the button is usually a diamond, I think.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:20 PM
Members

Originally Posted by ExGMan' post='438776' date='Jun 22 2007, 10:03 PM
Nice car! Exactly what I'd want over here, except maybe put the steering wheel on the other side...

Two questions: 1) What is the little indicator in the speedometer...the little orange piece at about 85, and 2) What is the button on the steering wheel's right side which looks like two golf clubs? In the US, the button is usually a diamond, I think.
The little red indicator is the cruise control setting I had used on the motorway (freeway!) back home. It moves around the dial to show the speed you have set and is green when in use, red when not and gone when switched off.

The other button you are referring to is standard on the 535D Sport & 550 Sport in the UK. Hit that button and should you drift in lane the steering wheel shakes slightly to warn you that you may be about to crash and burn!

Having sat in the car few a few more minutes tonight I am really impressed. Everything about it I like, the 8 memory buttons for the idrive are all now programmed, my mobile phone (htc S620 email phone) pairs real well and without a problem (more than in the X5!) and even Mrs. M likes the car!

I'm off to the Goodwood Festival of Speed all day tomorrow so won't be able to drive again until Sunday which is a bit frustrating.....

I drive about 30,000 miles per year so it won't be long before I can report on the new gearbox in full.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:50 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by mogsyman' post='438782' date='Jun 22 2007, 10:20 PM
Having sat in the car few a few more minutes tonight I am really impressed. Everything about it I like, the 8 memory buttons for the idrive are all now programmed
Where are the 7th and 8th buttons?

ABC

Quick Reply: LCI sports paddle shift is here!