E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

lci has landed in belgium

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 09:16 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by andy545' post='406037' date='Mar 23 2007, 10:58 AM
...wow...the front fog lights are a hot topic...
Again, but for a different reason now. Is there a pattern here?
Old 03-23-2007, 10:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by aybeesea' post='406045' date='Mar 23 2007, 07:09 PM
The unknown is somehow more interesting than the known.
ABC
So it is.

Anyway, for those showing off the MSport is not the best option,
only the lights will show out the LCI differances

Not even any new nice 19" (nor 18") wheels, yet
Old 03-23-2007, 04:05 PM
ipp
Senior Members

My Ride: 07' 530d - M-Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Dakota leather 08' 120i - M-Sport - Alpine White III / Black Sensatec

Originally Posted by andy545' post='405992' date='Mar 23 2007, 03:06 PM
Just back from my dealer, made an appointment for progman 25. They had an LCI - wanted to check the taillights actually - turned the lights, they look really beautiful. Took some fotos with my mobile (sorry, they're crap).

The front angels are DLR, the inner one is especially bright. Nice.

On the rear I can confirm the brake lights are bulbs (not led) - the night lights are particularly BEAUTIFUL with the 5 led rods lighting up bright and blood red !!
They are definitely a bought item when/if they become a retrofit option, no doubt anymore.

Attachment 29874

Attachment 29875
The rear turn indicators are, as we know LED, but maybe not known is there are 3 lines kinda like rods (rods, similar to the night time 5 led rods) along the indicator that, when it lights up they have the same design as the night lights. They're really nice.
Thanks for the pics. The new tail lights are exactly what the 5er needed.
Old 03-23-2007, 05:23 PM
Members

My Ride: 520d saloon, manual 6 ratios, olivin metallic, star spoke 122 alloys, delete boot badge, bi-xenon adaptive headlights including washers, graduated tinted windscreen, exterior and interior mirror auto dimming plus electric folding door mirrors, extended light package, dakota beige leather, dark poplar wood, electric seat adjustment including memory function, heated front seats, advanced climate control, velour floor mats, sliding front armrest, lumbar support for front seats.

Originally Posted by andy545' post='406037' date='Mar 23 2007, 04:58 PM
...wow...the front fog lights are a hot topic...
On the subject of lights I was looking at a new 520d SE through the window of my local dealer tonight as they were closed by the time I left work. The outer headlight lens had the xenon look ie. ellipsoidal lens even though it didn't list xenons as an option fitted to the show car.

Does that mean on the LCI that all headlight assemblies now look the same whether xenon or halogen? It would be good if that were the case as I think the old halogen units looked cheap and xenons often specified to spruce up the daytime look even when the lights were not being used, as well as the obvious night time benefits.

Not sure what the lens will do to the halogen beam though - improve or worsen the range/ pattern. My old 2000 Audi A6 had halogen ellipsoidal headlights and the low beam was appalling such that I had to use the high beam most of the time. In the updated 2003 A6 which I had next this had been vastly improved with a larger lens which gave a much better beam.

By the say, the colour was deep sea blue - really nice under the showroom lights but often can be very different in natural outdoor light - sometimes for the worse - we'll have to see one on the road to judge.
Old 03-25-2007, 03:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by andy545' post='405992' date='Mar 23 2007, 10:06 PM
Just back from my dealer, made an appointment for progman 25. They had an LCI - wanted to check the taillights actually - turned the lights, they look really beautiful. Took some fotos with my mobile (sorry, they're crap).

The front angels are DLR, the inner one is especially bright. Nice.

On the rear I can confirm the brake lights are bulbs (not led) - the night lights are particularly BEAUTIFUL with the 5 led rods lighting up bright and blood red !!
They are definitely a bought item when/if they become a retrofit option, no doubt anymore.

Attachment 29874

Attachment 29875
The rear turn indicators are, as we know LED, but maybe not known is there are 3 lines kinda like rods (rods, similar to the night time 5 led rods) along the indicator that, when it lights up they have the same design as the night lights. They're really nice.
so not LED but I still like them much better than the old 1s