E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LCI 2008 ///M Sport Front Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 04:52 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

Several members have raised the question about changes to the ///M Sport front end for the LCI E60/61 models.

Here are a couple of pictures taken this afternoon at the local dealer. Deep Sea Blue E60 535i.

There are changes in the Canadian (and assuming NA) trim. Reflectors have been added to the front fenders at the wheel well and the amber trim is gone in the headlight assembly.
Attached Thumbnails LCI 2008 ///M Sport Front Bumper-dsc_0209.jpg   LCI 2008 ///M Sport Front Bumper-dsc_0210.jpg  
Old 05-01-2007, 05:13 AM
Contributors

Thanks for the pix. Is that the "M Aero Kit" assembled at the port, or a factory installed M Kit? AFAIK, at least in the US, only the 550i ZSP comes with a factory installed M Kit. I'd like to know if BMW has designed an M Aero Kit for the LCI that can be installed after the car leaves the factory. Thanks again.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:01 AM
Members

Originally Posted by bmw093' post='419771' date='May 1 2007, 02:13 PM
Thanks for the pix. Is that the "M Aero Kit" assembled at the port, or a factory installed M Kit? AFAIK, at least in the US, only the 550i ZSP comes with a factory installed M Kit. I'd like to know if BMW has designed an M Aero Kit for the LCI that can be installed after the car leaves the factory. Thanks again.
Not sure, but the only difference between this M-Tech front spoiler and the European version is the inclusion on the US spoiler of orange reflectors at the leading side of the wheel arch.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

Originally Posted by bmw093' post='419771' date='May 1 2007, 07:13 AM

In Canada, ///M Sport is available as a factory option on the 535i. You can purchase the OEM parts and have it painted and installed in the same manner the VPC did prior to the model changeover. My understanding is that it currently not available as a VPC option in the US.

Stormbird, You are correct. The reflectors are required as part of DOT regulations in NA.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:26 AM
Senior Members

Looks ok...nothing major it seems. I see the rest of the bumper is left the same.

But why are there the 135M rims with different offset than the other E60 M pack 135M rims. Is your car Xi cuz i only have seen those rims on Xi models. Also it must be Xi the car in that pic since it looks like it sits higher too.

Nice color
Old 05-01-2007, 06:44 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bmw093' post='419771' date='May 1 2007, 08:13 AM
I have first hand confirmation that the '07 kit does not fit on the 535i. The changes are subtle, but needless to say they are significant enough to not allow the old kit to fit. One of the changes has to do with the turbo cooler that changes how the front bumper fits. The noght vision camera also does not line up with old bumper.

The good new for me is that BMW ordered the kit, so they will be responsible for correct installation. In the meantime, my loaner is a 335i. How cool is that! Yeah!

I will send pics when its done.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

I thought the fog lights were different... even for the M-Tech Kit or is it just the housing thats different?
Old 05-02-2007, 04:49 AM
Senior Members

It looks 100% identical to the old M-sport pack front except the wheel well reflector (in North America)...which I'm glad I don't have....what were they thinking!? I much prefer the amber corners in the headlight assembly.

There may be differences in the actual fit, preventing the old kit from being installed on the LCI e60 but cosmetically it looks exactly the same, fog lights and all....
Old 05-02-2007, 04:59 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by calypsobimmer' post='420025' date='May 1 2007, 09:44 PM
I have first hand confirmation that the '07 kit does not fit on the 535i. The changes are subtle, but needless to say they are significant enough to not allow the old kit to fit. One of the changes has to do with the turbo cooler that changes how the front bumper fits. The noght vision camera also does not line up with old bumper.

The good new for me is that BMW ordered the kit, so they will be responsible for correct installation. In the meantime, my loaner is a 335i. How cool is that! Yeah!

I will send pics when its done.
Calypso-- are you saying that your dealer has confirmed that there is an '08 kit available in the US? Do you have details or--even better-- pictures? Is there a catalog available from BMW like there was for the '07? My dealer says the '08 M Kit isn't out yet and that BMW plans to wait (his estimate was 3 to 6 months).

EDIT: also, Calypso, I'd be concerned with your dealer and what they are telling you. Do I recall correctly that your dealer also told you at one point that they were painting the '07 kit for your car? Did they not think to see if it fits first? My dealer would not put the '07 kit on my car, not because it wouldn't fit (which we now know it won't) but because the cost of the dealer installing the kit is over double the cost of having the VPC install the kit. Maybe your dealer ran into the same cost problem? All I'm saying is that I'd be a little skeptical with them. I haven't been able to confirm the existence of the '08 kit for US cars so I'd like to see what they tell you they have. Enjoy the 335i!
Old 05-02-2007, 05:20 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by nwilliams' post='420156' date='May 2 2007, 06:49 AM
It looks 100% identical to the old M-sport pack front except the wheel well reflector (in North America)...which I'm glad I don't have....what were they thinking!? I much prefer the amber corners in the headlight assembly.

There may be differences in the actual fit, preventing the old kit from being installed on the LCI e60 but cosmetically it looks exactly the same, fog lights and all....

Having compared the front of the 535 in the picture with my Car, I think your analysis is 100% correct.

Quick Reply: LCI 2008 ///M Sport Front Bumper