E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Lane Departure on '08 535i

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 07:30 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535i

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
I got night vision. no pics but here is where you can learn more.

Good PDF: http://www.flir.com/...onStory_BMW.pdf
Company that makes it for BMW and others: http://www.flir.com/

For a car size object (like a police car in the dark on the side of the road) you can see him about a 1/2 mile out.

it can be retrofitted but the camera is crazy $$. 'bout $3,000 of 'em. It is a great "freeby" to get with a used car. They can't sell a used E60 for a couple thousand more than others because it has night vision.
Sweet, thanks.
Old 06-11-2011, 04:02 PM
Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This was introduced with LCI atleast in the UK. I have it and I use it very much, quite glad with it. Read this document for full technical details.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
ST703 - March 2007 Updates.pdf (721.0 KB, 899 views)
Old 06-11-2011, 06:15 PM
Members

My Ride: 09 535i Xdrive Technology package Premium Package Audiophile Sound Package

I have the lane departure and the heads up display on my 09,both options I find very helpful and work consistently well.The USB port is located in the armrest,and that is a feature that I have not used,as it seems an awkward position to get at.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:48 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 - 530i Sport, Auto, Alpine White, Dark Poplar, Beige Dakota w/ Comfort Seats, Cold Weather Package (yeah I know I live in SC, but I love it on my back after a long day of golf), Logic 7, Parking Assist, & Auto Sunshade.

Originally Posted by pukka
The buttons around the headlight switch identify Night Vision, HUD, and I believe Active Cruise Control.

The buttons around the ashtray area identify heated seats, PDC, and Ventilated Seats. If the car has VS, then it automatically has the special option Nasca Leather (perforated) which for MY 08 only came in beige and black.

If you see the PDC button on the dash, then there better be sensors on the bumpers. Look for the squarish cutouts right below the headlamps. This covers the headlamp washers and means the car has the cold weather package (includes heated steering wheel).
Any pictures of that area around the light switch. I have seen the HUD button there the little dotted line with the "i" for information, Just wondering what the night vision button looks like.

Also the Active Cruise is just on the cruise stem only difference is the little car image next to the speed dial image on normal cruise, and it also has an additional up or down switch on it like your wiper control stem does that sets the Active cruise distance buffer you prefer.

Thanks for all the hints and information, keep em coming. Hoping to test drive a one with Lane Departure next week, really want to try Active Cruise, but that is very rare.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Metallic Green 535i,Dakota Brown leather,NAV,HD Radio, Comfort Access,Sport pkg,Premium Pkg,Cold Weather pkg,Logic7,Park Distance, SAT/Paddles, Ipod adapter, tint, LED Side markers, & halos, heated fronts,CPO'd car, tinted tails, heads, reflectors, backup camera, afe cold air intake, led license plate lights, rear lip spoiler, recoded modules: remote folding of mirrors, deleted accept screen on idrive, auto unlocking of door when ignition turned off, closing windows, & sunroof w/ remote, digital speedo on instrument cluster.

You can tell if you have logic7 by looking at pics of the rear doors. They will have speakers mounted around the height of the armrests inside.
Old 06-11-2011, 08:02 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 - 530i Sport, Auto, Alpine White, Dark Poplar, Beige Dakota w/ Comfort Seats, Cold Weather Package (yeah I know I live in SC, but I love it on my back after a long day of golf), Logic 7, Parking Assist, & Auto Sunshade.

Originally Posted by Mikey B-mer
You can tell if you have logic7 by looking at pics of the rear doors. They will have speakers mounted around the height of the armrests inside.
Awesome, I did not know that. That will help alot. I guess the standard just doesnt have any speakers anywhere near that location?
Old 06-11-2011, 08:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Metallic Green 535i,Dakota Brown leather,NAV,HD Radio, Comfort Access,Sport pkg,Premium Pkg,Cold Weather pkg,Logic7,Park Distance, SAT/Paddles, Ipod adapter, tint, LED Side markers, & halos, heated fronts,CPO'd car, tinted tails, heads, reflectors, backup camera, afe cold air intake, led license plate lights, rear lip spoiler, recoded modules: remote folding of mirrors, deleted accept screen on idrive, auto unlocking of door when ignition turned off, closing windows, & sunroof w/ remote, digital speedo on instrument cluster.

Originally Posted by Turboe
Awesome, I did not know that. That will help alot. I guess the standard just doesnt have any speakers anywhere near that location?
Right. Logic 7 has 13 speakers, & standard sound system has 10. So no speakers in the rear doors. That's how I knew the 5er I wound up getting had logic 7.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:42 AM
Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikey B-mer
Right. Logic 7 has 13 speakers, & standard sound system has 10. So no speakers in the rear doors. That's how I knew the 5er I wound up getting had logic 7.
Standard audio in the UK will have just 6 speakers (no tweeters) and HiFi will have 10 (with tweeters), TopHiFi aka Logic7 will be 13 as far as I remember.