E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lack of storage space my foot!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 02:57 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Every time I read an E60 test drive I find it annoying how they bang on about the lack of storage space. How much crap do people need to carry around in the car anyway.

There is actually more storage space than people think! Flat area in front of I- drive screen, great for anythink flat or sun glasses.

The thigh support on sports seats, great for holding coins when its fully closed.

Come to think of it there they're right, there is hardly any storage space and thats just the way I like it
Old 06-09-2005, 03:27 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530xi ED 7/1/2005. Silver Grey, Black Leather, Premium Package, Cold Weather, Sport, Logic 7, 18'' style 123 rims.

Less storage space means the less crap the Mrs. can clutter up the car with on the one day a year she is allowed to drive it. Every now and then you need a D.D. Ha
Old 06-09-2005, 10:12 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i - 6 speed manual (July 04 build), silver-grey/black, sports package std equipment (18", active roll, active steering, adaptive headlights), premium sound, bluetooth enabled, folding rear seat, lumbar, 3m hood/bumper protective film, rear tint, euro reflectors.

I have a fair amount of crap from sunglasses, wallet, cell phone, change, pens, cell charger... and all are neatly tucked in spots - easy access, no problem. Also, they stay there when I decide to push a turn.

Correct, there is no spot for extra CD's - just load up the changer and put the rest in the glove box.

Want more storage space? Buy a big friggin SUV instead of a luxury sports car.

You know what the real reason is people hit on this? BMW's cup holders only hold cups - not everything else. So, you perceive it as having less space.

And while we are on the subject - I like my interior and dash. All the cuts about the interior. I went last weekend to look at updating my wifes Volvo wagon. She took one look at the Dash in the current Volvo, said it looked like a Ford (which I believe it is) and decided to stick with what she has.

OK, I am done venting!
Old 06-10-2005, 05:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

I bought a secong 6-cd cartridge so I have a ready set to replace if on long drive. So with Tape and MP3 player I can handle cross country R/T with no storage complaints. And yes the sports seats do make a great change holder
Old 06-10-2005, 05:43 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by Merv the Derv' date='Jun 9 2005, 03:57 PM
The thigh support on sports seats, great for holding coins when its fully closed.
[snapback]138051[/snapback]

Also perfect as a pen holder, or penlight!!
Old 06-10-2005, 05:52 AM
Members

My Ride: 545i, Steptronic, coldweather, comfort seats, Logic 7, front/rear seat heaters, navigation. sirius

Originally Posted by Merv the Derv' date='Jun 9 2005, 05:57 PM
...Flat area in front of I- drive screen, great for anythink flat or sun glasses.
[snapback]138051[/snapback]
That space is no good for 545i drivers. Anything there's subject to end up in the back seat...
Old 06-10-2005, 07:16 AM
Senior Members

The floor underneath the seats is also ideal for storing odd coins and candy wrappings
Old 06-10-2005, 07:19 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jsal' date='Jun 10 2005, 08:12 AM
And while we are on the subject - I like my interior and dash.? All the cuts about the interior.? I went last weekend to look at updating my wifes Volvo wagon.? She took one look at the Dash in the current Volvo, said it looked like a Ford (which I believe it is) and decided to stick with what she has.
[snapback]138151[/snapback]
Looks like a Ford? Too bad. In my eyes also the interior of the new Jags (X-type) seem to look very much like the interior of the previous Ford Mondeo.. There are just too many unhealthy similarities.
Old 06-10-2005, 10:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride:

Originally Posted by paasan' date='Jun 10 2005, 04:19 PM
[quote name='jsal' date='Jun 10 2005, 08:12 AM']And while we are on the subject - I like my interior and dash.? All the cuts about the interior.? I went last weekend to look at updating my wifes Volvo wagon.? She took one look at the Dash in the current Volvo, said it looked like a Ford (which I believe it is) and decided to stick with what she has.
[snapback]138151[/snapback]
Looks like a Ford? Too bad. In my eyes also the interior of the new Jags (X-type) seem to look very much like the interior of the previous Ford Mondeo.. There are just too many unhealthy similarities.
[snapback]138235[/snapback]
[/quote]

Well, on the basis that you're looking at cars that are designed by the same people and have parts from the same bin - they're all Fords.

Ermm.. to be correct they are all from Ford's Premier Automotive Group which stables Lincoln, Jaguar, Aston Martin , Land-Rover and Volvo - all different on the outside, but all getting decidely initmate on the inside - certainly as a supplier to all of them I see very little separation now.

X Type Jags are in fact CDW27 Mondeo's.
S Type Jags are in fact Lincoln LS200s.
The LandRover Freelander/Modeo and X-Type replacements will all be the same car - with differing panels.
The current XK8 and Aston DB7 are the same car!
The Volvo XC90 ... it goes on and on and on and on...

And as for the VW Tourag and the Porsche Ceyanne.. well! (but they're not Fords [yet])

Pass the homogonized someone, please..

Regards
Andy, Newport
Old 06-10-2005, 06:37 PM
Members

there is a serious lack of storage space.... I think part of it has to do with BMW keeping the parking brake integrated in the center console.... maybe they have to keep the parking brake there because they offer a manual transmission?

and of course the iDrive knob is right there as well... what's the point of having the DVD drive in the dash? how many times are we switching navigation dvd's that we need that there, while the 6 disc changer is located in the glove box, so far back it's pretty much in the engine bay....

it's annoying... no place to keep a cell phone, ipod, or glasses within easy reach....

Quick Reply: Lack of storage space my foot!