E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

KW Customer Service and the Lack There of

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2013 | 10:09 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KW Customer Service and the Lack There of

So I recently got come KWs installed on my car and now the left rear shock decides it wants to destroy my shock mount. I say no problem and replace it. Now it destroyed my new shock mount. So I call KW and fill out a tech sheet and they said my car was too high based off my tech sheet. Which is strange because the coilover allowed it to be that height. Even worse, the car is still lower than factory!

Cambertoe feels the shock is defected because it managed to obliterate two shock mounts in short order. And the shock had zero resistance when they replaced the shock mount. They said its blown somehow and that this is the freakiest thing they have ever seen.

Now this all happened after Modbargains ordered through KW the first time and I got the wrong coilovers, a set for a E61 self leveling wagon.

I call KW back to speak with a supervisor Bob to explain this and he gets really short with me on the phone after I explained the frustration I am experiencing with their freshly produced product. He said the car is too high. And I have to down the car to get this shock inspected. At this point I was pretty upset and said screw that, you guys just made this product. Replace it all together and take your defect back. He said that it is not their policy and there are no exceptions.

Personally I think if I just made a product, like just made it and it didn't last a month, that something went wrong. Especially when others have lasted through worse conditions for years.

Now they even are trying to say the shop did it wrong. This of course is the same shop that Peder uses, the same one who happened to do his car a week before.

Now before you say, what did I do...My Forgestar F14 19 x10 has no bends, and the Conti DWS has no bubbles. Generally speaking I avoid potholes and recessed manhole covers all together. I take routes with smooth roads everywhere I drive to. I even went back to a stock tune. The fenders were rolled and alignment was in speck except the camber which is now a whopping 2.6 vs the in spec 2.5.

Bob's explanation was my car was too high and to make matters more pathetic, said that a car shares weight differently after me asking why didn't my car blow any other shock mounts if its the same height at all corners. Which is a no **** really explanation. Even worse than that, your product would have to withstand the max load that can be thrown at it. Of course it didn't, thats why I am here posting about it. I know how a suspension works Bob. Thats why I used the bump settings to reduce the understeer... Bob then said throw in the stockers, My stockers were pretty much dead so no. He said then you are without a car. Good one.

So after I further frustrated myself, I got my RMA number and it was for just the shock! I said wait a second, take the spring too. I was forced to ride on it twice.

Now I must say, Phil Castro at KW was very courteous. Its not his fault the process sucks. He did listen and tried to accommodate me as best he could. The process unfortunately is a process. Phil said he will load test the spring to make sure it is in spec.

Moral of the story: KWs are usually an excellent product, but if yours aren't you will suffer.

I even provided some comparison pics between both sides.
Attached Thumbnails KW Customer Service and the Lack There of-img_0094.jpg   KW Customer Service and the Lack There of-img_0096.jpg   KW Customer Service and the Lack There of-img_0097.jpg   KW Customer Service and the Lack There of-img_0098.jpg  
Old 11-18-2013 | 06:08 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

it's one thing for a product to fail, but its a whole lot worse when the company dont stand behind their product.
Old 11-18-2013 | 06:51 PM
New Members

My Ride: 07 550i

For the price they charge, you would think they would want to help. Do they have a corporate office you can contact? Go above heads till you get someone willing to help.
Old 11-18-2013 | 09:07 PM
Members

I admit I was very upset on but to get that in return was just crude. I am getting ready to pick up a shock and spring combo up in the meanwhile. Hopefully this will get resolved.
Old 11-19-2013 | 03:01 PM
Members

Update: I will be borrowing some lowering springs and shocks for the meanwhile while the shock gets looked at.
Old 11-20-2013 | 10:37 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 530i N52
Model Year: 2006
Engine: n52

make sure there are no marks or scratch"s on it.
they will hold on that matter and they will tell u that your installer did not install it proper and they void your warranty
after the first mount blew...the shop push the cylinder inside the strut...then i drive it for a day..and bang...the mount blew again
--- looks like when they replace the first mount they scratch it...and now the KW will not want to repair it under warranty
BUT I ASK THEM...if u think this marks cause the oil to lick ....then why the cylinder blew the first time?
and they answer..we dont know what was the cause of the first mount blew..

--so also they keep tell me that the measurements on the car are with "10mm" higher then what they recommand..(i incline to believe that they base those measurements on the "factory wheels...witch i ask: what do u mean factory?..and they say ..the way the car came with (in my case 17")...so for all of us that use oem 19 we should buy the m5 kw v3????/
here are all the pictures...
Attached Thumbnails KW Customer Service and the Lack There of-img_0533.jpg   KW Customer Service and the Lack There of-img_0534.jpg   KW Customer Service and the Lack There of-img_0535.jpg   KW Customer Service and the Lack There of-img_0536.jpg   KW Customer Service and the Lack There of-img_0537.jpg  

Last edited by stel_i79; 11-20-2013 at 11:00 AM.
Old 11-20-2013 | 10:41 AM
Senior Members

kw complain
Attached Thumbnails KW Customer Service and the Lack There of-img_0538.jpg   KW Customer Service and the Lack There of-img_0584.jpg   KW Customer Service and the Lack There of-img_0586.jpg   KW Customer Service and the Lack There of-img_0587.jpg   KW Customer Service and the Lack There of-img_0585.jpg  

Old 11-20-2013 | 10:45 AM
Senior Members

kw claim how the hell they want me to go lower then this???? by 10mm....??/ i will rub like crazy(i belive)
Attached Thumbnails KW Customer Service and the Lack There of-img_0588.jpg   KW Customer Service and the Lack There of-left-rear.jpg   KW Customer Service and the Lack There of-left-side-front-rear-.jpg   KW Customer Service and the Lack There of-left-side-rear-front-1.jpg   KW Customer Service and the Lack There of-measurments.jpg  

Last edited by stel_i79; 11-20-2013 at 11:05 AM.
Old 11-20-2013 | 10:48 AM
Senior Members

kw claim2 how the hell i can go lower????
Attached Thumbnails KW Customer Service and the Lack There of-rear-left.jpg   KW Customer Service and the Lack There of-rear-right-damage-strud-.jpg   KW Customer Service and the Lack There of-rear-right-damage-strud-1.jpg   KW Customer Service and the Lack There of-rearright-damage-strud-2.jpg   KW Customer Service and the Lack There of-right-side-rear-front-.jpg  

Last edited by stel_i79; 11-20-2013 at 11:01 AM.
Old 11-20-2013 | 10:51 AM
Senior Members

kw clam 3 PICTURES SEND FROM KW LAB

note:: those are the pictures with the scratch"s are form the kw lab( witch of course i did not took pictures before i send it to them so i can compare it) (
Attached Thumbnails KW Customer Service and the Lack There of-20131120_103522.jpg   KW Customer Service and the Lack There of-20131120_103533.jpg   KW Customer Service and the Lack There of-20131120_103740.jpg   KW Customer Service and the Lack There of-20131120_103749.jpg   KW Customer Service and the Lack There of-20131120_103758.jpg  

Last edited by stel_i79; 11-20-2013 at 04:16 PM.

Quick Reply: KW Customer Service and the Lack There of