E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ksport pop noise

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 06:18 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530i mystic blue

anyone in here thats rollin with ksports or really any coilover setup expreince a pop/creek kinda noise? this isnt the clunk noise from the top nut being loose. thats diffirent. this noise is very unique. its more of a pop when im going under 25mph. i dont notice it when im on the highway. i get it when i hit minor road imprefections or when im going up a driveway or down. turning and hitting a bump.i get it going str8 over some bumps too. sometimes over the same bump it happens then it doesnt the next. it drives me nuts tho and seems to do it on the front left and right. im thinking that maybe the bearing/ or bushing in the top mount are getting worn/ i dont see any replaceemnt parts on there site. can these top hats be takin apart to clean and lube things with greese? or do u think its something completely diffrent. coilovers have been on for 10k miles car has 58k miles car was on lift for something else and i tried shaking wheels around to see if major a baljoint or something was loose and nothing moves,
Old 05-25-2012, 08:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i

Check here
Old 05-26-2012, 05:01 AM
Contributors

yea i search and read there site including that page before. I contacted them 2 times and once on facebook. no reply. all i see i can buy is pillow ball top mount. i dont understand how they cant have a regular top mount replacement
Old 05-26-2012, 07:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i

Did you try to tighten the spring perch to the locking collar as shown in the picture? Make sure they lock against each other.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:02 AM
Contributors

yep. its tight. im thinking tho if it was a bearing wouldnt the bearing make noise if i was parked and turn my wheel side to side. its pretty quite. can i get this pop/ creek from maybe sway bar bushing?. im getting the fedners rolled next week maybe ill take fronts out and take apart and inspect.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:27 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Did you consider the body flex? I had a lot of popping and creaking coming from my lower windshield area when I got my KSports the way I wanted them. Eventually I fitted an Ultra Racing strut tower brace and that solved my problem, no more popping
Old 05-29-2012, 12:37 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca
Did you consider the body flex? I had a lot of popping and creaking coming from my lower windshield area when I got my KSports the way I wanted them. Eventually I fitted an Ultra Racing strut tower brace and that solved my problem, no more popping

ur money. so i called my buddy whose a bmw tech at bridgwater nj bmw. he said 5 and 6 series deal alot with the strut tower brace center mount coming loose and or threads on the bolts stripping out. so i went ahead and got a torx and and rachet and removed some engine plastic to get to the 2 torx bolts on the fire wall. they were both very loose. one was able to tighten solid the other was stripped and kept spinning. tightening the one removed the popping completely!!! . not happy bout the other stripped. so u said u removed the stock strut brace and put a aftermarket one on therE??? all this time i thought it was the coilovers!!!! below is where the 2 torx are located i suggest tightening them up..
Attached Thumbnails ksport pop noise-torx.png  
Old 05-29-2012, 12:46 PM
Contributors

Actually, my stock tower brace is intact and fine. I never had it loose. The Ultra Racing brace goes from tower to tower across the engine. It augments the existing brace (IMHO by a lot). All the creaking from my windshield was gone after I installed it, there were times I thought I would destroy the seal of the windshield from the amount of flex going up driveways. Now? no worries. For ~$150 it was a great investment.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:28 PM
Contributors

ok. yea i got the bmw kid looking into the firewall mount for the oem brace i cant find it on real oem. imma get a new mount and bolts. and ill get a brace like u got too
Old 05-29-2012, 01:32 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by inktoxicated
ok. yea i got the bmw kid looking into the firewall mount for the oem brace i cant find it on real oem. imma get a new mount and bolts. and ill get a brace like u got too
Here you go Bro, this isn't the same vendor I used (guy I used was in Malaysia), but here it is Ultra Racing Strut brace I got it after member Pinguk recommended it

Quick Reply: ksport pop noise