E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Keyless vs Comfort Access

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2016, 04:34 PM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 535i M-Sport / FBO + Meth
Model Year: 2010
Engine: N54
Default Keyless vs Comfort Access

I wonder if the Comfort Access option can be "manipulated" out of a car that doesn't advertise it. IOW, is there a way to get true key-in-your-pocket keyless entry & start-up from a car that didn't come with it as an option, similar to the way a non-sport trans can be made into a sport tranny by manipulating some wires.

Has this ever been asked?

// Radar //
Old 11-06-2016, 07:06 PM
New Members

My Ride: E60

I would also like to know if this is possible.

I did small research in the past and saw this aftermarket setup

Basically the Company Viper offers system that could allow full keyless entry and keyless start and a few other features.
Old 11-07-2016, 08:53 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Comfort access and keyless entry are two different things. Keyless entry means no key but you still have to press some sort of button (fob, phone app, etc) for it to work. Comfort access means you simply touch the door the handle or press the start button. Both can be adapted to an E60 but true comfort access requires additional hardware (sensors on the door handles and within the car itself)
Old 11-10-2016, 05:55 PM
New Members

My Ride: E60 535i M-Sport / FBO + Meth
Engine: N54

Gotcha...thanks PUKKA
Old 11-27-2016, 12:39 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530i 2008 LCI
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N52

It requires new handles with sensors , for E60, that's 4 handles with sensors and of course new wire harness in the doors.
It also requries new keyfobs plus the receiver where you insert it , plus the CAS module, which has to be CAS3 version. Then you need some 4 or 6 antennas ( i don't remember ) which are all around the car to capture the key signals. Again extra wiring needed. After that you need coding. If you have the time and money, the biggest challenge is convincing the SA to give you the comfort access keyfobs (and they are expensive too, $400 a piece or so, don't have the updated prices) DO NOT buy chinese ones.