E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Keep getting harassed for plates

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 06:16 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

I live in a small area outside of SA where the cops are known to be nazis. Its right by a military base and has WAY too many cops for the area. I got pulled over literally 150 feet from my house at a CVS 3 months ago for my tint and no front plate. The guy waited for me and pulled me over saying. "You are asking to be pulled over" He was kinda a a-hole, maybe because I look so young driving the car. I changed my tint because I can't pay the fine without showing proof of changing it. CHanged the front windows to 35%, but left the backs 5, don't like it near as much.

Anyways I decide to go home to eat, because there is too much traffic on the highway. I'm probably a couple 100 feet from the house and the cop speed up behind me, and I'm like WTF, I wasn't speeding. He goes "Didn't I pulled you over recently for no front plate" And its the same damn cop! I've been driving around 6 years in cars with no front plates and have NEVER been pulled over for it except this clown. Now theres no way I'm drilling holes in my bumper for a plate. If I HAVE to somehow put a plate up front, do you guys think I could get away with a Euro Plate being displayed? I thought, maybe I could just put the plate under the sunvisor and have it down when I enter in the area I live.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:23 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you 16? Sorry you cant get away with a euro plate" on the front of your car. Needing a plate does not mean any old plate it means your registered liscense plate. Cant believe someone even has to tell you this. You can use 3M tape to put it on your front bumper-that is what I have done for 2 years and it comes off easily (I just removed mine after 2 years with no scratch or damage to the bumper) YOu need the extra strengh industrial 3m tape.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:25 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 speed, Silver Gray A08, Gray leather Mods: Hard-Wired Passport 9500ix LIVE , K&N Air + RPi Scoop, Mtech V2.1 AE, ACS pedals+Ebrake, flip up front plate, OEM 172's, Custom M Kit, M3 shift knob, Eisemann Race Exhaust 2005 X5 3.0 (the nightmare) 1998 528i SOLD @ 173K

I feel your pain, I'm 22 and I got harassed by my local amherst cops too. I got pulled over twice in a month for no front plate and tint. They make a big deal about the car being to nice for me and ask me what I do for work, I respectfully decline to answer seeing its none of their business. I had one cop tell me, I don't fucking care who you know, I don't care if your uncle is the chief, but the next time I see you and you don't have a front plate and ALL of your tint off I'm giving you a ticket for anything and everything I can (that was in my e60. I had the flip up front plate on my old stock bumper but as of last week I switched to the m5 front and i refuse to drill any holes. I was thinking about a custom euro plate with my NY plate numbers on it to really confuse them lol. I drove my old e39 around for a couple years with no tint and no front plate and never got bothered once! And this always happens within a mile from my house
Old 05-11-2011, 07:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

We have a vendor here that is selling a flip up mount for a front license plate, this could be the solution to your problems!
Old 05-11-2011, 07:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by flyingpuck
We have a vendor here that is selling a flip up mount for a front license plate, this could be the solution to your problems!
+1000 John@motorcepts has the plate you need. Me? I hate getting pulled over, so I said screw it an put in on. Why give em a reason?
Old 05-11-2011, 07:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

Flip it up after he pulls you over and ruin his day LOL
Old 05-11-2011, 07:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545I and a half dozen other rides

Before the bumper change

Click to see video
Old 05-11-2011, 08:16 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 525i

they also make/sell mounts that screw into your tow hook hole.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:54 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

This. I don't understand why any of you that has the front plate issue don't just do this already.

Originally Posted by ray=out
they also make/sell mounts that screw into your tow hook hole.
Those look off and break the symmetrical look of the car to me. Please no.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:53 PM
KAF
Contributors

My Ride: F11 535i M-Sport,, Silver, Black Leather, LED Adaptive headlights
Model Year: 2015
Engine: N55

Am I missing something here.

As I read it, the law requires something of your car, you refuse to comply and then complain that the police are 'harassing you' about it.

Quick Reply: Keep getting harassed for plates