E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

just sold the MB.. some questions about the 545i

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 09:30 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey everyone.. just sold the clk430 now im in the market for the 545i, i had a few question. btw, did the search but couldnt find any on point answers.

i will be purchasing the vehicle used from a private seller, is it possible to buy the extended warranty? lets say under 50k miles. if so how much? what does it cover?

should there be anything i should look out for when test driving the 545i? i know mb has a lot of recalls..

any help is glady appretiated! if all goes well.. i will be posting pics of my new ride!
Old 06-18-2007, 09:40 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 525i, Premium,Cold,Xenon Packages

You cannot buy extended warranty from BMW.. only CPO (Recertified BMW already comes with 2yr extended warranty) or original owner can do that.

But, you can buy 3rd party ones.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:52 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by coolguy' post='437276' date='Jun 18 2007, 10:40 PM
or original owner can do that.
If true, just have the seller buy it and reimburse him/her.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:00 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 523i, Steptronic, Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Leather, Brown Wood Trim, Folding mirrors, Bluetooth, Voice Control, Sun Protection Glass, Park Distance Control, Sliding Armrest, Advanced Air-Con, Ipod, Electric Seats w memory, tires Dunlop sp1 225/55 R16.

Welcome to Bmw world
Pls advise us yr comments, advantage of bmw against mb . . . .
also send pics
Old 06-19-2007, 07:39 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i - 6 speed manual (July 04 build), silver-grey/black, sports package std equipment (18", active roll, active steering, adaptive headlights), premium sound, bluetooth enabled, folding rear seat, lumbar, 3m hood/bumper protective film, rear tint, euro reflectors.

Originally Posted by johnjohnjohn' post='437274' date='Jun 18 2007, 10:30 PM
hey everyone.. just sold the clk430 now im in the market for the 545i, i had a few question. btw, did the search but couldnt find any on point answers.

i will be purchasing the vehicle used from a private seller, is it possible to buy the extended warranty? lets say under 50k miles. if so how much? what does it cover?

should there be anything i should look out for when test driving the 545i? i know mb has a lot of recalls..

any help is glady appretiated! if all goes well.. i will be posting pics of my new ride!
I have had good luck with my 04-545i. I hope I am not speaking too soon as my warranty will be off in a few thousand miles.

I have a July 2004 build and now I am Ipod compatible. At the time, anything after March of 2004 was bluetooth compatible. So, to be safe, I would stick with a end of 2004 to early 2005 as the oldest.

Most of the issues have been software, which is not a big deal. Just make sure you have some warranty left to have it upgraded to the latest version. Make sure you have the latest version of the door seals and I am sure you would be past the run-flat tire noise issues.

I have a 6 speed which has not had any problems, so you will need to get advice on the other transmissions if that is your option as well as any issues with Nav.

I am still on the fence regarding extended warranties.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:18 AM
Members

THANKS to those that replied!

sorry if i wasnt very clear about my questions.. but what i was tryin to get to is that ive heard of a warranty where "all maintanence is free" through BMW of course.. how would i get that if i were to buy from private without it? is there a certain milage you have to purchase it by? what does it cover? and most important thing is.. how much? This is what exactly im aiming for.. 04-05 545i. automatic. navi. heated seats, sport with the 17 inch wheels. white on black and golden brown interior, dont know the color's names.

about the MB. ive had that car for about 2 years.. its a late 2000 in mint condition. my girl has a 2002 325ci and evertime i would drive her car i would tell her how f*kn good the suspension is..how the cockpits such a everyday drivers car, solid the car feels.. she replies with " baby what the hell.. you always say that like its your first time driving it or something?" lol. thats why i decided to get one myself. The MB on the other hand.. loved the power of the v8, loved the styling but it was lacking in the interior side, seats didnt hug you, steering wheel is too big, suspension was OK. but overall im not gonna lie.. Mb makes beautiful cars...
well.
here goes my old car..

Old 06-19-2007, 02:39 PM
Senior Members

Nice lookin clk, and btw I have 2 other friends who test drove MBZ before switiching to 545, and the other a 550. They describe MBZ "Feeling like a cadillac. Too soft , and one said he'd rather buy it for his mom!. when they test drove the E60's they felt one with the rode or as an extension of the car. You have made a wise choice. If your more of a sporty/style enthusiasts driver then you've come to the right place. I too test drove MBZ the clk and E55 , but felt it was too lush.I will consider one when i reach 60. Welcome to E60.net. BTW the wheels are sweet.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:17 PM
Members

Originally Posted by jordan23junkee' post='437553' date='Jun 19 2007, 05:39 PM
Nice lookin clk, and btw I have 2 other friends who test drove MBZ before switiching to 545, and the other a 550. They describe MBZ "Feeling like a cadillac. Too soft , and one said he'd rather buy it for his mom!. when they test drove the E60's they felt one with the rode or as an extension of the car. You have made a wise choice. If your more of a sporty/style enthusiasts driver then you've come to the right place. I too test drove MBZ the clk and E55 , but felt it was too lush.I will consider one when i reach 60. Welcome to E60.net. BTW the wheels are sweet.
thanks! the m-tech body kit.. just the front and rear bumpers? how much did that kit run you? i want to go for that look but in white!
Old 06-19-2007, 04:39 PM
Senior Members

Try twinkidneygrill.com for extended warrantys. They are a BMW dealer in Atlanta. The warrantys are BMWNA backed.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:15 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

Originally Posted by johnjohnjohn' post='437566' date='Jun 19 2007, 04:17 PM
thanks! the m-tech body kit.. just the front and rear bumpers? how much did that kit run you? i want to go for that look but in white!
welcome, and like jordan23 said, nice clk man. i like your wheels too. he is right when he talks about being the enthusiast driver deciding to go to bmw. well the m-tech kit includes the front and rear bumpers along with side skirts. you could also add the M5 decklid spoiler as well, or another aftermarket brand like schnitzer, hamann, rieger, or vorsteiner. aside from your dealer or another shop, you could order the m-tech kit and other oem parts like a spoiler or wheels as well as alpina parts and rieger parts from member quad_m, tony. good luck and enjoy the forums.