E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Just so everyone feels better about their cars...

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2004, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Flowerfred' date='Oct 11 2004, 12:09 AM
Evenflow? Where are you?

speak to me man!
[snapback]43315[/snapback]
He turned on his foglights and left...
Old 10-10-2004, 02:37 PM
Members

My Ride: 2002 545i sport pckg,sirius,active steering,grey on black
[quote name='Flowerfred' date='Oct 10 2004, 09:32 AM']
Ok, too tempting to resist.

Evenflow, you have the right to speak your mind. So does SUE. It is the controversial ones that make any society interesting, including this society.

I think JDN made a good point, and I'd like to add that I have the feeling some here are sharing Evenflow's opinion and still slag him off.

Do not try to cut down the excesses, they make life more interesting. it is easy to slag of the controversial, it is not easy being controversial and stay on your feet with people pushing and pulling you. If someone cannot be who they are here, then is not a good place to be.

Oh, and trying to slag somebody off by correcting spelling mistakes is something that indeed does not add any value to this place.

I love you all, you drive nice cars. Have a nice day.

If we do not moderate our excesses,we run the real risk of recreating
the very negative atmosphere that appeared on roadfly. This forum
has over time tacitly developed [by mutual agreement btw]a very
reasonable set of parameters for the friendly exchange of info.I would
like to see this maintained.

The spelling correction reflects a dry sense of humor. No slag intended.
Old 10-10-2004, 02:46 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by vpbmp' date='Oct 10 2004, 11:37 PM
I would
like to see this maintained.

The spelling correction reflects a dry sense of humor. No slag intended.
[snapback]43323[/snapback]

Ok, all is well, I just felt I had to defend a friend..

OK, edit.. Evenflow is NOT being negative. He is trying to lighten up the mood of people that come to this forum. If you cannot see that, well, then.. then..

Then I guess I just have to explain it to you again..
Old 10-10-2004, 04:20 PM
Members

My Ride: 545i Steptronic Comfort Nav Winter but no Sport for dec delivery

OK Sue-I have a 2003 Range Rover and it's going--If you have never had a truck, do it and get it out of your system--otherwise email me.

On another note--would it be posible to make this threat a Guiness Record for length?
Old 10-10-2004, 04:22 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by rsbartley' date='Oct 11 2004, 02:20 AM
On another note--would it be posible to make this threat a Guiness Record for length?
[snapback]43359[/snapback]
No way... The record is and will probably allways be the Singaporean thread!
Old 10-10-2004, 06:05 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by SueBMW' date='Oct 10 2004, 01:40 PM
To everyone concerned about me getting a Land Rover, please don't be.? The new Range Rover has been extremely reliable.? I am VERY knowledgeable about this brand and am very confident in the new Range Rover.? I also am familiar with the level of service I receive both from the dealership and from customer service.? It is nothing like the way BMW treats its customers.

evperry, I'm sorry you've heard nothing good about the Range Rover. I have heard nothing bad about the new Range Rover from anyone who owns one, and I know many, many people with the new Range Rover.

And streak, did you notice that the newest Land Rover in every one of those "horror stories" was a 2000?? Also, they are from South Africa or the UK, where the specs are very different than in the US.? If that's the best they can gather, LR's not doing too bad.
[snapback]43258[/snapback]
I take it you did more homework on the RR then you did on the E60 then. Because you say you have heard no horror stories for the RR. I take it you didn't hear any for the E60 either thats why you bought it and you have less then a steller report. You also say that you know the dealers have a great reputation, but yet you haven't owned one yet. My BMW dealer has a stellar reputation also and I have had no problems with my car. Also there are many, many satisfied E60 owners here. Please let us know your satisfication level after owning a RR for 2 months. When I posted last month about the problems reported about the RR and the Porsche and the other car you had mentioned you didn't want to hear my comments. Well if you have it set in your head that you want to buy a certain car then by all means do it. Good luck.

Just also keep in mind, the same qualities that you mention as a non owner of a RR, dealer satisfaction and quality of product are things that 99% of the owners on here are happy with in their E60s.
Old 10-10-2004, 06:18 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by skipper' date='Oct 10 2004, 08:05 PM
I take it you didn't hear any for the E60 either. Also there are many, many satisfied E60 owners here. Good luck.
[snapback]43402[/snapback]
Well, no, since I got it when it first came out... I'm most upset about the ridiculously horrible customer service from BMW. I've said it before--I'm ok with a certain level of issues/problems. I'm not ok with BMW treating me like crap, lying to me, brushing me off, not giving me loaners, making me wait unreasonable lengths of time for appointments, not calling me back, yelling at me, refusing to admit there's a problem in writing even though they've admitted it verbally, and, you get the picture.

I know the Range Rover inside and out and I am very comfortable with my decision. And people, I'm not abandoning the E60. We still own it. I will still drive it. I will still ride in it. It just won't use it as my daily transportation.
Old 10-10-2004, 08:40 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by SueBMW' date='Oct 10 2004, 04:18 PM
And people, I'm not abandoning the E60.? We still own it.? I will still drive it.? I will still ride in it.? It just won't use it as my daily transportation.
[snapback]43407[/snapback]
and most important of all, we all want you to be happy, still drop by and chat w/us .
Old 10-12-2004, 05:58 PM
Senior Members

Here's my new Range Rover!
Attached Thumbnails Just so everyone feels better about their cars...-dsc01733.jpg   Just so everyone feels better about their cars...-dsc01737.jpg  
Old 10-12-2004, 06:56 PM
Senior Members

^^^Beautiful color. Hope it does well by you.
Let us know when BMW refunds your $$$ or gives you a new car.

Quick Reply: Just so everyone feels better about their cars...