E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Just so everyone feels better about their cars...

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2004, 08:31 AM
JDN
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SueBMW' date='Oct 10 2004, 11:20 AM
I'm giving it back to my husband
[snapback]43212[/snapback]
That'll show the sorry lout!!
Old 10-10-2004, 08:42 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by big_ipaq' date='Oct 10 2004, 10:31 AM
Anyway, even so, your husband may ejoy the ride if he can pass over the crazy bits in your car.
[snapback]43217[/snapback]
The E60 was originally for my husband. He picked it out, it was for him. He couldn't deal with the problems, constant faults, unpredictable transmission, and it was just so darn unreliable he gave it to me. To be fair, he drives a lot more than I do and needs to be much more important places than I do! Then I couldn't deal with all the problems, so I am getting myself a new Range Rover. He can take the E60 back or park it. It's up to him.
Old 10-10-2004, 08:46 AM
Senior Members

Keep us posted anyway, and believe me the RR forums are not fun at all...
Old 10-10-2004, 09:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order: 2006 525i Alpine White Auburn Interior Premium Pkg Sport Pkg Cold Weather Pkg Xenons Sunshades Sat Radio Navigation

Sue,

I know this is the E60 board, but please post picks of you Range when you get it. From an SUV standpoint, I love their styling in and out.

One note though, Land Rover/Range Rover has been known to have more reliability and electrical problems than most other automakers. I believe someone on here has a Range Rover horror story or something like that. It sounds like you have been through enough the 5, so I pray that everything goes well with the Range Rover. Again, please post pics.
Old 10-10-2004, 10:01 AM
Senior Members

Sue,
PLEASE before yo do the RR thing, do your home work.
The Sept 28th Daily Mail from London rates the LR products and the most likely to break down it came 27th at 46% out of 27 manufacturers tested.

Also, take a peak at the link below.

My Land Rover Horror Story
Old 10-10-2004, 10:22 AM
Members

one thing that is certain about owning cars is that they will break down, generally at the most inconvienent of places or time.

03' M3 has seen the shop over 15 times in 8 months and has been in the shop currently for the last month.

03 x5' service engine came on today and the car shakes as it drives.

I have heard nothing good about the Range Rover and the Cayenne is suspect. I've decided to try the e60 and see if I get a car that runs well. then after that a porsche 911.

at this point in my life i EXPECT higher end cars to have problems.

and by the way if you want something clean that will never break down, i had a 97 maxima that ran like hell for 3 years with just oil changes.
Old 10-10-2004, 10:25 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Am I having a flashback?
This thread reminds me on the foglight thread...
SueBMW has a lot of bad luck with her car. This board and its members want to read/post/share everything regarding the E60! I want to hear it! YOu don't want to, don't read the thread...
Old 10-10-2004, 10:40 AM
Senior Members

To everyone concerned about me getting a Land Rover, please don't be. The new Range Rover has been extremely reliable. I am VERY knowledgeable about this brand and am very confident in the new Range Rover. I also am familiar with the level of service I receive both from the dealership and from customer service. It is nothing like the way BMW treats its customers.

evperry, I'm sorry you've heard nothing good about the Range Rover. I have heard nothing bad about the new Range Rover from anyone who owns one, and I know many, many people with the new Range Rover.

And streak, did you notice that the newest Land Rover in every one of those "horror stories" was a 2000? Also, they are from South Africa or the UK, where the specs are very different than in the US. If that's the best they can gather, LR's not doing too bad.
Old 10-10-2004, 11:15 AM
Senior Members

Reliability=Toyota Sequoia
Old 10-10-2004, 02:09 PM
Contributors

Evenflow? Where are you?

speak to me man!

Quick Reply: Just so everyone feels better about their cars...