E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Just so everyone feels better about their cars...

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2004, 05:35 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Evenflow545' date='Oct 8 2004, 10:14 PM
Sue -

We know that your car is allegedly a shitbox; however, no one on this site apparently has the balls to tell you "too bad, get another car."?

I've listened to this for some time now.? ?

WHY DON'T YOU JUST GET A DIFFERENT CAR????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[snapback]42824[/snapback]
Ok, let's think about this rationally. If I win my lemon law suit, I get all the monies I paid back & get to start fresh, either with a new E60 or another car. If I trade it in, I lose all the monies I've paid, plus most likely more money, since I doubt the car is worth the payoff. Which one would you choose? We're talking about MANY thousands of dollars. I'm not willing to take a major financial dive to fix a problem BMW caused and doesn't want to solve. THAT's why I don't get another car.

And I'm sorry, but I thought we were supposed to SHARE issues on this site, to see if others have them too, to see if they are a common problem, to see if there are solutions, to see if there are TSBs, etc...

If you don't want to listen to me, block my posts, or don't read them.
Old 10-09-2004, 05:37 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jonboy' date='Oct 9 2004, 01:33 AM
suebmw

if the same as mine the creaking back seat is in fact the plastic ventilation grill that runs along the back edge of the parcel shelf directly under the rear window.

i have wedged some small pieces of black carpet mat in between the window and grill and stopped the creaking - this may work.

jonboy
[snapback]42885[/snapback]
Thank you! I will try that. It just started last night and was VERY pronounced, and I didn't have a chance to investigate in the daylight.
Old 10-09-2004, 05:40 AM
Senior Members

P.S. I don't hate the E60. Have you actually been reading my posts, Even? I have stated SEVERAL times that while MY car is a lemon, not all E60s are. I love the E60 & that's why I got it in the first place.
Old 10-09-2004, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Hey evenflow... Can you say: "foglight" ?
I think this thread just sucked you in like the foglight discussion did with me...
Old 10-09-2004, 01:27 PM
Senior Members

Evenflow, you're way off base here. We want to hear about problems. SueBMW is not knocking the E60 by stating the facts of her situation.

Why would you ask her to change her user's name? Why would you care. It seems your anger is misdirected.
Old 10-09-2004, 02:33 PM
JDN
Contributors

Originally Posted by kigerka' date='Oct 8 2004, 11:24 PM
Even,? you okay over there?
[snapback]42837[/snapback]
I think even is taking up the slack for those of us who have held our tongue. Poor Sue. Sort of like the hard luck fella in Johnny Cash's song. That fellow did get over it though, didn't he.
Old 10-09-2004, 05:29 PM
Members

My Ride: 545i Steptronic Comfort Nav Winter but no Sport for dec delivery

First off-Sue is not a just a gal named "Sue." HE explained it means sue as in law suit in another post.

Second-There is an awful lot of walking around feeing the E60 is the greatest thing since store bought bread-and so are those of us who bought it. But it's just a car--and anyone with the $$$ or credit can have one.

Third-if our fellow forum member has an accurate post, I want to here it. What's the deal in squashing it?

Fourth-You buy a car - it's an agreement between the buyer and seller--if BMW doesn't keep its end of the bargain, I want to know about it. There are other posts with BMW and BMWNA showing a non responsive side.

Fifth-SUEBMW-go for it!!! You do what you gotta do.
Old 10-09-2004, 06:30 PM
Senior Members

I was going to stay out of this one, but I have to agree with many of the others. There have been many other people who have vented their frustration with BMW as well as with other companies ranging from former car companies to aesthetics for the vehicle to detailing equipment. I WANT to know where the problems lie. If I hear that someone is not having a pleasant experience with a dealer or a product then I try to refrain from using them.

I realize that SUE has had every problem under the sun wrong with her car ( people that really read her posts know she is a woman from posts such as where she has advised her husband added oil to the car and she didn't know and made a post that she didn't need oil ) and I want to hear about them. One or two may just happen to be somthing that I have and that I can rectify by reading about her experience.

Also people in her area can learn what type of service they can expect from dealers that she has used.

I can see the point where the one user said enough is enough, but how would you like to be in her shoes? If I had been the one to get that car there would be deaths if I was treated that way after spending $60k on a car where the name and marketing instills and infers a sense of attention to quality and detail.

My wife is an attorney and she would not have stood for any of this. She is good at getting what she wants and so am I. It looks like SUE was quite adamant about her desires as well but she was shut off from service since she is pursuing the lemon law. How would you feel if not only you received that car and they couldn't do anything to resolve the issues, but then you could not even call them to ven your frustration towards their product. Who would you vent it at?

This board is here for the users to share their experiences, both positive and negative, so that people can learn and make educated choices.

Also let's not forget the forum header: Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Just my 2 cents worth.
Old 10-09-2004, 06:51 PM
Senior Members

If evenflo continues with his rant, then it's more of a flame and headed towards a Roadfly situation, which we know we all don't want.

Admin, keep an eye on evenflo, it's he that is not adding anything new to the board, telling a member to get a new name w/o knowing the facts and asking the same member to stop posting her problems.
Old 10-09-2004, 08:16 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by rsbartley' date='Oct 9 2004, 03:29 PM
First off-Sue is not a just a gal named "Sue."? HE explained it means sue as in law suit in another post.
[snapback]43074[/snapback]
ahem...rsbartley, you are right about the meaning of the user name...but suebmw is a wonderful lady . she is going to scream at you .

Quick Reply: Just so everyone feels better about their cars...