E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

just purchased a 2004 545i

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007 | 10:59 AM
Members

hi all,

new to the board.

just purchased a 2004 545i pre-owned certified. has 30K miles. it is the grey color. fully loaded minus nav. i test drove the new 335i and found this to be a better choice as far as space, features, looks, performance, and price (i worked an AMAZING DEAL).

in order to speed up my forum search... here are some of questions i have:

- what should i look out for as far as problems, concerns, etc?
- what is up with the active steering sensor?... mine came on and then turned off.
- how would i go about installing navigation in this beast?
- what are your thoughts on the H&R Sport Lowering Springs... and where is a good source for them... and how is the install process on these things?
- i am planning on the M5 replica wheels and the M-Tek body kit... both available on ebay. thoughts on this set-up with the H&R sport springs?
- any good suggestions on install for audio and the above springs and body kit in the Los Angeles area?

thanks in advance... nick
Old 04-09-2007 | 11:47 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545 Fully Loaded 2005 X5 Fully Loaded

Originally Posted by ridersinc' post='411787' date='Apr 9 2007, 11:59 AM
hi all,

new to the board.

just purchased a 2004 545i pre-owned certified. has 30K miles. it is the grey color. fully loaded minus nav. i test drove the new 335i and found this to be a better choice as far as space, features, looks, performance, and price (i worked an AMAZING DEAL).

in order to speed up my forum search... here are some of questions i have:

- what should i look out for as far as problems, concerns, etc?
- what is up with the active steering sensor?... mine came on and then turned off.
- how would i go about installing navigation in this beast?
- what are your thoughts on the H&R Sport Lowering Springs... and where is a good source for them... and how is the install process on these things?
- i am planning on the M5 replica wheels and the M-Tek body kit... both available on ebay. thoughts on this set-up with the H&R sport springs?
- any good suggestions on install for audio and the above springs and body kit in the Los Angeles area?

thanks in advance... nick
RE: - "what should i look out for as far as problems, concerns, etc?"
I would have to say watch out for annoying transmission problems. http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=35549
Old 04-09-2007 | 11:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Welcome ridersinc !

I guess your in LA.

Do you know your car's software version ?

With regards to the nav request - have you considered an aftermarket product, like Garmin, TomTom etc. ?
...it will be by far the cheapest and fastest route to nav capability.

M tech : yes
M5 replica wheels : no ( too many to list have had problems )

good luck !
Old 04-09-2007 | 12:50 PM
Members

thanks for the responses.

since this is a certified pre-owned vehicle from a dealer... should i assume that all the updates have been done?

ok... so i am going to stay away from the m5 replica wheels... can someone suggest some brands of wheels that will fit once i do the lowering of the vehicle with the H&R Sport Springs. I am looking for nothing bigger than 19" wheels.

thanks again for the all the assistance... i'm just starting to get familiar with this forum.

cheers... nick
Old 04-09-2007 | 12:59 PM
Contributors

How much did you pay for the car?
Old 04-09-2007 | 01:06 PM
Members

$36000.00

all services done at the same dealer that i bought it at.

loaded apart from navi, phone, and heated seats (live in so cal... so i didn't really care).

certified pre-owned so it has the warranty and maintenance contracts.

mileage is a little over 30K.

exterior and interior are in excellent condition.

how do i check version software i have on it?

i feel that this was a very good deal compared to what's on autotrader, etc.

what do you think?

cheers... nick

Originally Posted by MikeBuzzsaw' post='411840' date='Apr 9 2007, 01:59 PM
How much did you pay for the car?
Old 04-09-2007 | 03:51 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 550i black/black 2004 545i alpine white with sport package - automobile heaven

id say thats a pretty good deal. i just bought an 04 white 545i with sport package in perfect condition. like yours minus nav and heated seats. paid 35,000 with 35k miles certified with the extended 6 year/100,000 mile warranty.
Old 04-09-2007 | 06:10 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

welcome. for the m-tech kit i would suggest giving a pm to member quad_m. he hooks up members with those kits in addition to lluma and rieger. for the wheels, dont get replicas because the majority of them present a number of issues. you could get oem M5 166 wheels through quad_m as well. a number of members are running with H&R sport springs so you could check out the gallery for pictures of that. compliments the car well with the m-tech kit. enjoy the forums.
Old 04-10-2007 | 11:20 AM
Members

thanks so much for this info.

i am going to contact quad_m regarding these parts.

i think i need that v25+ update... as my idrive is lagging.

i am going to set-up an appt.

any other info is greatly appreciated!

cheers... nick

Originally Posted by NeRwEEzy' post='411912' date='Apr 9 2007, 07:10 PM
welcome. for the m-tech kit i would suggest giving a pm to member quad_m. he hooks up members with those kits in addition to lluma and rieger. for the wheels, dont get replicas because the majority of them present a number of issues. you could get oem M5 166 wheels through quad_m as well. a number of members are running with H&R sport springs so you could check out the gallery for pictures of that. compliments the car well with the m-tech kit. enjoy the forums.
Old 04-10-2007 | 11:23 AM
Members

that's great! i wanted white with black interior... but in so. cal. for some reason... there is a premium for white at the moment... seems to be the hot color for 2007 and 2008... so everyone wants one. your deal is better than mine... so much congrats on that. it sucks that i live in LA... where a premium is added just for walking down the street... SUCKS.

thanks again and good luck on a sweet ride. also... congrats on negotiating a better deal than mine.

what mods are you going to do to it?

Originally Posted by nicewithit' post='411879' date='Apr 9 2007, 04:51 PM
id say thats a pretty good deal. i just bought an 04 white 545i with sport package in perfect condition. like yours minus nav and heated seats. paid 35,000 with 35k miles certified with the extended 6 year/100,000 mile warranty.

Quick Reply: just purchased a 2004 545i