E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Just bought a nightmare.

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 07:05 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by smoak' post='620853' date='Jul 10 2008, 08:05 PM
I know one thing and that is even though it has the L7 option, I still need some more watts going through this thing. Any advice on door speaker replacements? Maybe a sub in the trunk?
L7's speakers arent' to bad. Some people have swapped the factory amp out with a nice aftermarket amp running a good clean 50 watts a channel and have said it was a night and day difference. For lows like someone else said your going to have to throw a 10" or 12" sub in the rear. Really not another way around it.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:41 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 BMW 550, Sport, Navi, PS, CWP, Sirius

No nightmare so far, just some surprises. The real excitement will begin after your friendly BMW dealer checks it out. The "over a bump" noise may be related to AS. My 2005 545 had simjilar noise. Fixed under warranty. So, if your car is still under warranty everything should be fixable.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:23 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530I Silver gray with gray leather with Premium Package, Logic 7 Premium sound system with Ipod interface, xenon adaptive headlights, Active steering, Power retractable rear sunshade, Comfort seats, Cold weather package and M5 OEM 166 wheels, Sprintbooster. Ceramic Tint all around, Bilstein Sports shocks with Eibach springs, Brake performance Rotors and Axxis ceramic pads.

What is done is done. You have to live with it. Hopefully the car is not that bad. You have a rough start with this car but maybe it will work out fine. Since it is still under warranty, I will have a BMW dealer check everything out. You will certainly know the truth about the car. After the verdict, decide whether you'll keep the car or sell it and cut your loses. If you are keeping it, maybe ask your dealer for a quote for an extended warranty. Godd Luck
Old 07-10-2008, 11:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

One day you will laugh at this! Like the rest of us!! J/K Good Luck man!
Old 07-11-2008, 03:45 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Sport Carbon Black Metallic/Cream Beige Manny tranny and other stuff Recently gone, but never forgotten: 2005 Ford Mustang GT (hence the name) Torch Red/Crimson Manny tranny and every option available for that year 2002 Chrysler 300M Special Brilliant Black/Light Taupe/Dark Slate Autostick and goo-gobs of neat features that I will sorely miss

Originally Posted by flyingpuck' post='621140' date='Jul 11 2008, 03:03 AM
One day you will laugh at this! Like the rest of us!! ...
That's just wrong!
Old 07-11-2008, 04:31 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 Porsche 911 c2s, 01 BMW 740il, 05 BMW 525i, 06 Acura TSX navi

Originally Posted by smoak' post='621149' date='Jul 11 2008, 03:22 AM
Dont get your panties in a wad just because you didnt read the original post, bitch.
hhahahaha. I am not the one who did not read the BILL OF SALE or should i call it BILL OF GETTING OWNED.
Since you want to get technical, why don't you go and read and see where you mention that there was a crack in there to begin with. oh wait, that would be asking for too much. Your thinking is at RETARD level.

Okay so I flew to Dallas from Orlando to buy this 545i 22k miles $25,000 I test drove it and it drives like a dream EXCEPT if you go over a speed bumb there is a CREEK coming from under the hood. Everything else is fine (actually it was missing a little cover for the rear jack). Well after signing the papers I go to leave and not 3 miles down the road the windshield suddenly cracks while going about 20mph over a bump in the road. So I take it back becuase there has opbviously been a frame work done to the car and i tell them I dont want the car and I fly back to Florida today. I call my bank and they say they have already cashed the check and the car is legally mine. I dont want to go back to TX for this thing!

So...what do I do?????!!!!!!

By the way the car has Nav, L7, active steering, active cruise, sport, bamboo wood, sapphire black paint

PS, the "service overdue" light came on after I left the dealership
Old 07-11-2008, 04:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by smoak' post='620845
hhahahaha. I am not the one who did not read the BILL OF SALE or should i call it BILL OF GETTING OWNED.
Since you want to get technical, why don't you go and read and see where you mention that there was a crack in there to begin with. oh wait, that would be asking for too much. Your thinking is at RETARD level.
Let's chill out guys... if you want to continue this "debate", please take it off-line and PM each other .

Originally Posted by smoak' post='620853' date='Jul 10 2008, 08:05 PM
I know one thing and that is even though it has the L7 option, I still need some more watts going through this thing. Any advice on door speaker replacements? Maybe a sub in the trunk?
This topic's been discussed several times.. perhaps search?
Old 07-11-2008, 04:49 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 Porsche 911 c2s, 01 BMW 740il, 05 BMW 525i, 06 Acura TSX navi

Originally Posted by mrfva' post='621262' date='Jul 11 2008, 08:45 AM
Let's chill out guys... if you want to continue this "debate", please take it off-line and PM each other .

This topic's been discussed several times.. perhaps search?
i am done boss. I won't waste anymore time on someone or his post when he can't think for himself what to do etc.

thanks man for pointing out the obvious.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 525
Model Year: 2004

If it's only 22k and still within the 4 year warranty period, and no carfax issues, your local BMW dealership should take good care of you.

I had a somewhat similar situation where I bought a used 5 series (still under warranty) and after a week I noticed several items that I could have kicked myself for not catching at first (one of the speaker amps blown, cracked cup holder, rattle in stearing wheel buttons, slight suspension creak going over bumps). I took it to my local dealership and asked them 'how big a problem did I create for myself'. Their response was, 'no problem at all, we'll fix the items under warranty and make sure maintenance is up to date."

If fact, they replaced my thresholds (entry's on both front door sills) due to a cracks in the BMW emblem. I was amazed that they would fix this.

Most dealerships are great about this kind of stuff while under the warranty/maintenance program. They do the work and send the bill to BMW Corp. I'm assuming that this is why a 22k mileage car was so attractive for you...because it still had some warranty left.

Between the Mfg warranty/mainenance program as well as you insurance company for the windshield, you may be in great shape.

Please disregard any negativity in the string and keep us posted.

Chris
Old 07-11-2008, 05:21 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Black Saphire/Black Dakota Leather- Loaded- M5 Appearance Package, Sport Package, Pro logic 7 Premium Sound, Navigation, Cold Weather Package, Comfort Package, Heads-up Display, park Distance Control, Bluetooth, Active Steering, Electric Rear Sunshade, Rear Folding Seats, Front/Rear Heated Seats, Xenon lights, Satelite Radio- Extended Maintenance, CPO (Considering Tire/Wheel Insurance)
Originally Posted by dennisl2k079200' post='619877' date='Jul 9 2008, 07:47 PM
I still can't believe he flew from FL to TX to buy a car. Nevertheless, you gotta read the fin.e print. Get a lawyer, fight these guys, lots of luck
I flew from NY to FL to buy my car. Had the right one with the best options for thousands cheaper than the tri-state area. Also, dealt with one of the coolest and nicest guys, thus, my reason for mentioning him in my signature... Good people deserve good publicity!

Quick Reply: Just bought a nightmare.