E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just bought my first E60 530d auto

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 02:57 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello All,

We have just bought a new BMW 530d M-Sport and this was a natural progression to our 320cd - we are expecting our first born and needed something more practical....

I was told about this forum yesterday by a really nice gentleman who spoke to me for over 30 mins and i called him for the first time and it was quiet late in the evening - to him, I very greatful and thanks for telling me about this forum and other stuff that I did not know.

I wanted to do the following to my car but do not know how and where to go exactly to have it done and at the best price possible?

1) Zenon lights - if possible?
2) Back line break lights - LCI taillight (ones with lines)
3) Slight spoiler.
4) Floor matts.
5) Slight tinted glass
6) I am also thinking of chiping the car - was advise to look at DMSautomotive and also tuning box?

If anyone can advise on the above, that woudl be great.

I am in the UK and am not a handy man as such so will need someone to help me out here.

Many thanks
Anand
07803959116 - 1barleyman@gmail.com
Old 05-26-2009, 04:07 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d

sorry,... where are you located?

cheers
Old 05-26-2009, 04:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

No pics - no glory!!! :thumbsdown:

just kiddin' CONGRATS on your purchase and hope it lasts you forever!
But do post pics every chance you get - we like those here
Old 05-27-2009, 01:14 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d M-Sport

Dont waste your time on a tuning box mate, caused problems on both my cars, a 2005 Landrover Freelander, and my E60, both cars suffered in time from uneven idle rpm's amoung other things, both tuning box's are different makes as well btw, happy co-incedence huh

If your determind to have a tuning box your welcome to mine for ?50 if you want, just dont say I didnt warn you !
Old 05-27-2009, 01:58 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by university' post='890900' date='May 27 2009, 12:57 AM
Hello All,

We have just bought a new BMW 530d M-Sport and this was a natural progression to our 320cd - we are expecting our first born and needed something more practical....

I was told about this forum yesterday by a really nice gentleman who spoke to me for over 30 mins and i called him for the first time and it was quiet late in the evening - to him, I very greatful and thanks for telling me about this forum and other stuff that I did not know.

I wanted to do the following to my car but do not know how and where to go exactly to have it done and at the best price possible?

3) Slight spoiler.
4) Floor matts.
5) Slight tinted glass
6) I am also thinking of chiping the car - was advise to look at DMSautomotive and also tuning box?

I am in the UK and am not a handy man as such so will need someone to help me out here.

Many thanks
Anand

First off, welcome onboard Anand and congrats on the 5er

Like pigabumbu wrote above, please update your location details, to help us give you better feedback. You do this by hitting My Controls at the top of the page, then click on Edit Profile Information on the left handside of the page, and then enter the Your Location details.

The next piece of advice, your best friend here will be the Google E60.NET search function - it works like a dream and its how most members search for info to help others like yourself. Get searching!

As for your questions:

-- It is. Use the search function for Xenon retrofit or wording along those lines.
-- Check out this link. Bruce Miranda is the man to contact for the necessary cable. The lights themselves need to be ordered separately (to the best of knowledge).
3) Slight spoiler.
-- The BMW OEM m-sport / M5 spoiler certainly fits that description. Enter "M5 spoiler" into the search function for more info. You can no-doubt get replica items on ebay.
4) Floor matts.
-- BMW OEM or tuners such as Hamann / Hartge / ACS / the list goes on... Depends what you want. Go check out their web-pages.
5) Slight tinted glass
-- I tinted mine via Carglass, who use Foliatech. This offers UV protection, garantee, and different finishes. Maybe not the cheapest, but I am very pleased with the results. Maybe some of the UK members can advise you of someone near to you. (Again, add those location details!)
-- Like Mark wrote above, I would avoid (cheap) "tuning boxes". I went for a reputable remapper, Wetterauer in Germany. They are comparable to DMS. There are a number of other companies in the UK, such as Evolve, and this subject has been discussed here not too long ago. I did a quick search using "remap uk" and found this link. Do the same and you will find a list a good companies.

A good website for BMW styling parts in the UK is MStyle. They have a big selection and it should give you a good idea of what's all possible. Not sure how competitive their prices are, but you would have to do a little searching yourself.

I hope that helps. Enjoy modding...
Old 05-27-2009, 06:00 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Phantom Mark' post='891453' date='May 27 2009, 10:14 AM
Dont waste your time on a tuning box mate, caused problems on both my cars, a 2005 Landrover Freelander, and my E60, both cars suffered in time from uneven idle rpm's amoung other things, both tuning box's are different makes as well btw, happy co-incedence huh

If your determind to have a tuning box your welcome to mine for ?50 if you want, just dont say I didnt warn you !
Thank you so much for all your help below. I will state where I am from.

UK, leicester
Old 05-27-2009, 06:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 530d M-Sport TouringExterior: Titansilber Metallic, M5 mirrors, ACS rear roof spoiler, BMW Carbon Fiber rear diffuser, Adaptive Xenon headlights, AngeliBright v.3 Angel Eyes, F1 Autohaus Euphoria 6000K LED license plate lightsInterior: Black

Originally Posted by university' post='891599' date='May 27 2009, 05:00 PM
Thank you so much for all your help below. I will state where I am from.

UK, leicester
Add it to your profile.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:58 AM
Senior Members

Regarding item #5, make sure you get ceramic (not metallic) tint so as to not interfere with navigation and/or radio.

Originally Posted by university' post='890900' date='May 26 2009, 03:57 PM
Hello All,

3) Slight spoiler.
4) Floor matts.
5) Slight tinted glass

Many thanks
Anand
Old 05-27-2009, 09:08 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Welcome aboard!

There are quite a few members from across the pond (UK) who will be able to help you with your mod ideas. Good luck!
Old 05-27-2009, 10:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Congrats on the new car and enjoy the forums!!

Quick Reply: just bought my first E60 530d auto