E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just Bought 545 - Huge Mistake?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 07:09 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '05 545 Jet Black, Miro 111's, Painted Calipers, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, Ultimate Interior LED Kit, ACS Rear Spoilers (reps), HID 7k Fogs, Black Roundels and Badges, 20% Tint, Mtech V2 Angel Eyes, Ksport Coilovers, M5 Bumpers and Side Skits, ACS Front Lip (rep), and probably more on the way as you read this...

So I was shopping for a used car and came across what I thought was exactly what I'm looking for. I have it inspected at a BMW dealership and it passes with flying colors, so it's as advertised, and I got a decent price on it. I buy the car and then start searching around the net for wheels and other modifications, and that's when I stumble upon this forum. I start browsing around and it just seems like every other thread is about some problem with these cars. FUCK! Did I make a mistake in choosing this car or what? It's an '05 and has 30k miles, so it's out of warranty but not been driven as much as your average car. What say you fellow e60 owners?

By the way, I just joined this forum and this is my first post. Nice to meet all of you and hopefully (if I keep the car) I'll be an active member of this online community.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:10 PM
Members

My Ride: '05 545 Jet Black, Miro 111's, Painted Calipers, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, Ultimate Interior LED Kit, ACS Rear Spoilers (reps), HID 7k Fogs, Black Roundels and Badges, 20% Tint, Mtech V2 Angel Eyes, Ksport Coilovers, M5 Bumpers and Side Skits, ACS Front Lip (rep), and probably more on the way as you read this...

Also, besides the engine, is there a difference between the 545 and 550?
Old 02-10-2010, 07:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

it's a BMW?! How could it be a mistake?! Haha
Old 02-10-2010, 07:13 PM
Senior Members

Welcome to the forum and congratulations..I am sure its not a mistake, your doubts will be straightened out once we have fellow 545 owners chime in..
Old 02-10-2010, 07:14 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

You only hear complaints never the good stuff. Stop worrying and enjoy the car.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i Sport
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

. Don't you worry, 545is are solid if well taken care of.
Mine's twice that mileage and still runs like(even better with the mods)new .
Old 02-10-2010, 07:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Alpine White on Black interior, Sport and Premium Package, Steptronic, Navigation, Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Mtec V2.1 angel eyes,Hoen Fog Lights, Full M-Tech kit, ACS pedals, LED plate lights, CF Steering Wheel badge, CF Titanium trim, OE

yes stop worrying and just enjoy the heck out of it its a BMW bro!! welcome!!!
Old 02-10-2010, 07:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i sport

You happened to join the same week where a dude's motor blew out...I've been here a couple of years and have never seen that before. I wouldn't worry about it. But, since you did buy it out of warranty, you should either plan for unforeseen issues, or in fact purchase an extended warranty. It is used and if you plan on keeping it for a few years, there is bound to be service requirements here and there.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:34 PM
Members

Originally Posted by -Mike-
You happened to join the same week where a dude's motor blew out...I've been here a couple of years and have never seen that before. I wouldn't worry about it. But, since you did buy it out of warranty, you should either plan for unforeseen issues, or in fact purchase an extended warranty. It is used and if you plan on keeping it for a few years, there is bound to be service requirements here and there.

Yeah Mike, that motor blowing really was the icing on the cake in reading all the problems. As far as service requirements, I'm cool with minor issues as long as they're not MAJOR. Regular servicing has all been taken into consideration, as well as regular wear and tear (those are given's) - it's just if I'm to expect unforeseen problems that exceed what a typical 30k mile car should have, it's not something that I would have purchased, and I probably should just go out and shoot (sell) Ole Yeller now, and save myself and pocketbook the headache.

Perhaps this thing is just tits, 545's are bulletproof with under 100k, and I'm just jumping the gun.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:38 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: 14 550i

Yes you are jumping the gun! Buy some mods from me and enjoy the car!

Here's a shot of my old 545i

Quick Reply: Just Bought 545 - Huge Mistake?