E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Juddering after acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 11:20 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well as promised.. i am back.. and back with good news.

since putting the injector cleaner in i have been through a tank of esso fuel and a tank of bp fuel (all just standard diesel) and the car is still running better than ever. it is a much smoother ride than it ever used to be, the problem i was originally complaining about has also gone no matter how i drive and on a 300 mile run which i do most weekends, fuel ecomony is 3mpg higher than i ever got before which is a nice bonus.

the stuff i put in was stp diesel treatment (link to halfords here . never thought this stuf was up to much but a few people on here seem to have used it without any problems and i think i probably be using this again.

i will post back if the problem comes back, but fingers crossed this has fixed it
Old 06-17-2008, 01:02 PM
Members

My Ride: Mystic Blue Nov 2004 5.30d SE :: Bluetooth :: Prof Nav :: TV :: Auto :: Beige Leather :: 18'' M Sport Alloys :: Folding Mirrors :: Headlight Washers

Good man for posting your results Chris

My car is booked in for next thursday, i will see what they find and if no joy I will then will try to the stp treatment you have used
Old 06-17-2008, 11:54 PM
Members

I've had a similar problem and my car went in yesterday. I was told a technician went out in it and a senior technician and neither could find a problem. There were also no fault codes logged (surprise, surprise) and they checked to see if there were any BMW releases for this specific problem but there weren't. Just seems that unless there's a fault code then they don't know what to do.

I've been running the car on either BP Ultimate Diesel or normal Diesel with Millers Diesel Sport and it's been running great until the last couple of weeks when the judder started, although the intermittent noisy exhaust has been around a while.

I'm going to go back to the dealer on Saturday morning and take a technician out in it to show him what I mean. It's really horrible to drive at the moment. The service lady even tried to suggest it was "a characteristic of the gearbox"!

I'm not happy and I want to get it sorted ASAP.