E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

It's official, i'm in love.

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 06:10 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It has been 4 months since i took delivery and i love my E60 more with each day. I try to find excuses to take the car out all the time so i can get into the seat. I still find myself looking back at the car after parking everytime. When i first met her (E60), i was a little apprehensive, but it was because i didn't know her well enough!

I 'tuck' the car in everynight by making sure she's sound. i.e, the seat belts straps are tucked neatly next to the seats, the mirrors are folded in and the wheels are straight...lol. The things i do for the car. Family and friends think i'm crazy, but i know better.

What are the other crazy things you guys do for the car/baby?
Old 10-20-2004, 06:19 AM
Senior Members

Hi

I too have a 520, despite our smaller engines I find the car just as spirited when pressed hard. Handling is great after I swapped out my stock 16" wheels into stock 17" with slightly wider tires. All in all. a very enjoyable driving experience despite the squeaks and minor IDrive problems.

I talk to my car as well, I say "stupid seat belt chime, there is no one on the passenger seat !!!".....LOL.

Bunbun.
Old 10-20-2004, 06:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550, Carbon Black Metallic, Natural Brown Dakota Leather, Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, Cold Weather Package, Power Rear and Manual Side Sun Shades, etc. Retired - 2004 545 SMG, Black Sapphire Metallic, Auburn Dakota Leather, Cold Weather and Sports Packages, Power Rear and Manual Side Sun Shades

My wife just cannot understand why I wax the car and clean the rims when I get home from the car wash.
Old 10-20-2004, 07:14 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 525i

I know the feeling too. Even though I haven't had my car for long, I love it each day more and more too.
Old 10-20-2004, 02:10 PM
Senior Members

i'm looking back after i parked my car as well . and keep thinking what kind of rims will look good on her. even worse is i drove right pass my parking space a few times and almost went up to the higher level because of thinking about the car too much . that never happened to me when i had my e39 . my gf thinks i'm brainwashed by this forum .
Old 10-20-2004, 02:15 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"my gf thinks i'm brainwashed by this forum"
Most of us are totally brainwashed by this forum my530i is included
Old 10-20-2004, 02:20 PM
Senior Members

I have light grey floor mats and they're always clean! That's tough to do.
I make sure my ride is always spotless and when I pull into a gas station is a nice feeling that the car is so clean that I get lots of attention because it sparkles so much.

I store some quick detailer and cleaning cloths in the trunk and I've been known to wipe it down in the parking lot wherever we go. From the stories I've heard about bird droppings, I always clean them off whenever and wherever we are.

I also had a clear bra installed on the rocker panels, full rear bumper, splash guards, full hood, mirror, lights and full front bumper. Oh and door handle openings as well. The active cruise really makes long trips a pleasure and the Logic 7 sounds fine. Btw, I early reported in another post that I didn't hear any noise from my Bridgestone Run-Flats. Well, I left the Logic 7 off the other day and did hear a bit of noise. Guess I'll just leave the L7 on like I had it before..

Good driving to ya!
Old 10-20-2004, 03:46 PM
Members

I feel the same way. 6 months 11,000 miles and still lovin' it. The surge of pure power as you build speed, leaving all others in the mirror.

My first dealer experience was better than expected. They fixed the fuel line clip recall in an hour, but the car took 6 hours to reboot! Also fixed the creaky drivers seat. Lubed the tracks and conditioned the leather and seat belt. They provided a loaner, a new Toyota Rav4. (My hands were numb after 30 miles). Very glad to get it back.

Thanks for a great forum and much good information.
Old 10-20-2004, 04:33 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by my530i' date='Oct 20 2004, 12:15 PM
[snapback]47266[/snapback]
iceman must be the first one .
Old 10-20-2004, 04:34 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 525i

Originally Posted by my530i' date='Oct 20 2004, 05:15 PM
[snapback]47266[/snapback]

I know i totally am.

Quick Reply: It's official, i'm in love.