E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

It's been fun!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 08:37 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Congrats on the new Benz but I have to say those wheels don't look right on that car. Seems like they belong on a Chrysler 300 or Charger. Either that or you need to lower it.

But yes, there's nothing wrong with still staying on this forum to talk about cars in general.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:39 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sexy and Congrats i wish i had that kinda money
Old 02-05-2009, 09:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Hey! CONGRATS on the new ride, man! it looks hot, though I must agree with EuroCarFan - something doesn't quite fit. I think your benz is supposed to have the pneumatic suspension, which you can raise or lower with a button, so on these pics is the car raised? I'd not mess with lowering that thing, btw - the suspension is INSANELY expensive, from what I hear. But maybe some spacers to get the rims to come closer to the lip of the arc - that should do it!

Anyways, man, congratulations and too bad you didn't get a CLS LOL well, that's what I would trade to if I had to go to a benz. Anyway, dude, don't take this the wrong way - nothin' but love here

PS I love that color on the S550 btw!!!
Old 02-05-2009, 09:34 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I completely agree about the rims not fitting, but they came with the car. I am going to start by doing the typical powder coating of the centers and see how it goes from there.

And yeah, I was messing around with the car, pushing ever imaginable button and found one by the screen to raise the car. I hit it, the car came up, I hit it again and nothing happened - much research to be done, maybe it only lowers when I drive it?

As far as the ride height goes, I know I need to lower it because it still doesn't look right in sport mode at its lowest. Apparently there is a module that allows the car to sink another inch, that ought to do it.

I actually like being critiqued on my car, it's how things get better. I will take some pics once the SoCal typical '3 days of winter at a time' passes.

But considering I got the car for $52K - with my trade in my payments are only $760 a month - I can't argue when I see people on Craigs List advertising, "Take over my lease!! Only $1,800 a month!!"

I would never lease...
Old 02-05-2009, 10:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

DAAAAAAAAAM! NICE PAYMENT, BRO!!!! Well done!

I didn't know about the lowering module - if its safe, then definitely go for it! Let us know how that goes, btw.

As for the car not feeling like its coming down when you press the button, here's the deal: when the car rises, it does so faster because the hydraulics are pumping. When it lowers, it simply "deflates", so it usually takes a longer period of time and therefore may not be quite as perceptible to a naked eye. What I did to see if the Benz goes down or not (when I worked at a used car dealership back in the day, I used to test all incoming cars' features and stuff) - was to open the door, put one leg on the ground, so that my calf would rub against the door sill when the car went up or down, and then press the button. Sometimes, it does happen unnoticably, bc these cars are made to be luxury. Only thing, if you try my "method", be careful and use common sense - don't let the car drop on your foot or something, you know...

Originally Posted by iCharles' post='786546' date='Feb 6 2009, 01:34 AM
I completely agree about the rims not fitting, but they came with the car. I am going to start by doing the typical powder coating of the centers and see how it goes from there.

And yeah, I was messing around with the car, pushing ever imaginable button and found one by the screen to raise the car. I hit it, the car came up, I hit it again and nothing happened - much research to be done, maybe it only lowers when I drive it?

As far as the ride height goes, I know I need to lower it because it still doesn't look right in sport mode at its lowest. Apparently there is a module that allows the car to sink another inch, that ought to do it.

I actually like being critiqued on my car, it's how things get better. I will take some pics once the SoCal typical '3 days of winter at a time' passes.

But considering I got the car for $52K - with my trade in my payments are only $760 a month - I can't argue when I see people on Craigs List advertising, "Take over my lease!! Only $1,800 a month!!"

I would never lease...
Old 02-05-2009, 10:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Alpine White 550i Sport, Cream Beige Interior, 6-Sp Manual - retired 9/2011

Nice ride.....rims are too big!
Old 02-06-2009, 12:29 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by DrLev99' post='786575' date='Feb 5 2009, 11:31 PM
Nice ride.....rims are too big!

You don't like my donk?

I have looked at these cars with 20's and it looks top heavy. I know these pictures make the car look a little off balance, but when you see it in proper lighting and a bit farther back - it makes more sense. In these pictures my parking garage looks haunted and stoic - nothing could portray itself well.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:54 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 530i 6-speed Titanium Silver/Black Interior Premium Package Sport Package Aux input 30 GB video iPod Cold Weather Package Xenon Red rear reflectors Tint Clear Bra

Very nice... rims are too big though.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

22s are the norm for that car. It's just that particular wheel and maybe how the car is sitting that makes it look awkward.

Most of the major Mercedes tuners like Renntech, Brabus, and Carlsson make lowering modules. Member Vegastrashed (Joe) on here has the Renntech one for his E63 AMG. When you lower it, I think you have to move the car back and forth for it to settle down, IIRC. I think Joe may actually parting out his module but I'm not sure if it fits all Mercedes or if it's model specific. You can PM him.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:54 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d M-Sport

Nice car mate, look forward to seeing some proper pics

I might have to start considering finding a quality car if my E60 develops any more rattles, starting to become hugely dissappointed with it and disillusioned, not to mention the fact you get a hell of a lot better service and attitude from the cheaper companys - my local main dealer is not a nice experience.

If this doesn't work out maybe I will buy a Benz or a Nissan 350z / similar