E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's been about 3 months and now it's about time!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 10:12 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 650 Grand Coupe
Model Year: 2016

I've had my car for over 3 months now and it's time to get serious about making it truly mine. I have researched these forums top to bottom to get ideas and now I would like to draw from the minds of the many experts here. As you can see from my sig, I have an '08 535XI. I know that I want an Mtech kit, roof and trunk spoilers and new wheels. I need to start with the wheels I think, because one of the great mistakes I made when ordering this car was not thinking about wheels. I ended up with the stock 17" 243's and I have hated them from day one. Honestly I think they are one of the ugliest wheels BMW ever produced. I know I can get Miro replica 166 & 167's that will fit, but what other wheels do the great minds here recommend? Remember they must have offsets that fit the XI. I have seen Radenergie and iForged wheels that look awesome but I don't know that they will fit the XI and I'm sure they would be price prohibitive. I think 19" is the sweet spot for me. Anyhow, fire away and many thanks for your input.

P.S. One more thing. I'm 45 and not looking to be completely pimped! Something a little more on the conservative side.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:15 AM
Senior Members

Try the Classified sections for some wheels

Im sure the guys at Trinity and Eurorev can help you out also they have great selection
Old 11-04-2008, 10:30 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Another 19" wheels that looks good IMHO is the CSL reps...member's DrLev99 and C's Bimmer had them on their xi's...
Old 11-04-2008, 10:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Alpine White on Black interior, Sport and Premium Package, Steptronic, Navigation, Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Mtec V2.1 angel eyes,Hoen Fog Lights, Full M-Tech kit, ACS pedals, LED plate lights, CF Steering Wheel badge, CF Titanium trim, OE

I'd go for 20" though no one's really to old for the passion for cars with regards to which wheel to get Trinity and Eurorev will surely help you out with that
Old 11-04-2008, 10:45 AM
Members

+1 , I like the CSL reps alot too...timeless and very clean looking.

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='712087' date='Nov 4 2008, 02:30 PM
Another 19" wheels that looks good IMHO is the CSL reps...member's DrLev99 and C's Bimmer had them on their xi's...
Old 11-05-2008, 05:01 AM
Members

Originally Posted by ENstig8or' post='712076' date='Nov 4 2008, 12:12 PM
I've had my car for over 3 months now and it's time to get serious about making it truly mine. I have researched these forums top to bottom to get ideas and now I would like to draw from the minds of the many experts here. As you can see from my sig, I have an '08 535XI. I know that I want an Mtech kit, roof and trunk spoilers and new wheels. I need to start with the wheels I think, because one of the great mistakes I made when ordering this car was not thinking about wheels. I ended up with the stock 17" 243's and I have hated them from day one. Honestly I think they are one of the ugliest wheels BMW ever produced. I know I can get Miro replica 166 & 167's that will fit, but what other wheels do the great minds here recommend? Remember they must have offsets that fit the XI. I have seen Radenergie and iForged wheels that look awesome but I don't know that they will fit the XI and I'm sure they would be price prohibitive. I think 19" is the sweet spot for me. Anyhow, fire away and many thanks for your input.

P.S. One more thing. I'm 45 and not looking to be completely pimped! Something a little more on the conservative side.
i have csl replicas from velocity and they look good on the car. see photo below
It's been about 3 months and now it's about time!-img_2585.jpg
Old 11-05-2008, 05:17 AM
Senior Members

Hear ya, I'm 47... I like Dinan wheels, BBS, CSL's and the OEM 166.

The iForged, HRE's etc are what my son likes

I have BBS LM's and I like them very much but they were left over from my M3 and I didn't want to take the hit selling them. If I was starting from scratch I would probably go with OEM 166's if the offsets work...
Old 11-05-2008, 09:03 AM
Contributors

Well the oem 166's won't fit the XI, but Eurorev sells Miro replicas in the 166 and 167 style that will fit. The CSL's do look nice also and I have not ruled them out. I do worry about buying reps though because I read so much about people having vibrations. The last thing I want to do is make another headache for myself. It seems like whenever I see a wheel that catches my eye, they won't fit the XI. That is my problem and that's why I solicited everyone's opinion. Several of you guys have already gone through this and are very knowledgeable on the subject.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:08 AM
Contributors

My Ride: alpinewhite's ride

Greg, pm me when you are ready to buy so we can dress her up
Old 11-07-2008, 09:22 AM
Contributors

Oh, I'm ready to buy something, but I keep running into the same 2 problems. It's hard to find wheels with the proper offsets that fit the XI and when I do find one that really catches my eye it's like 4 grand. I have to leave some cash for the m-tech kit and all the other stuff I want. This site is really going to be expensive. The hardest part is keeping my wife in the dark about how much this stuff is going to cost.

This XI fitment thing is really frustrating to me.

Quick Reply: It's been about 3 months and now it's about time!