E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Issue with power seat !!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 10:39 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 530dA, Nav. Pro., Leather redorange, black sappire met., HUD, Dynamic Drive, Active Steering, Sunroof, AC, Bi-Xenon/Adaptive, 245 275 19" with Falken 452's, Alpina Rims, el. Seats, autom. Mirrors, BMW Cellphone, CD Changer, M Style, Interior wood border oliv (M5), LED tail lights...

Hi Ronald,

I've had the same problem - my wifey pulled...

So I first gently pushed the knob back to the "power seat" (thanks for trainig correct English ) - same result as yours...

second try I removed the casing sideways from the seat and tried once more to push the knob back to its place - now everthing worked fine.

So I FIRST pushed the knob on its place and SECOND I rebuild the casing WITH the power seat part together. This was for about 1 year - no dealer needed!

Hope you can fix it
Old 08-04-2008, 10:49 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by javelin73' post='639422' date='Aug 4 2008, 02:39 PM
Hi Ronald,

I've had the same problem - my wifey pulled...

So I first gently pushed the knob back to the "power seat" (thanks for trainig correct English ) - same result as yours...

second try I removed the casing sideways from the seat and tried once more to push the knob back to its place - now everthing worked fine.

So I FIRST pushed the knob on its place and SECOND I rebuild the casing WITH the power seat part together. This was for about 1 year - no dealer needed!

Hope you can fix it

GREAT! Sounds like he'll be okay then. Definitely review the diagram for pulling off the seats' side casing from page 5 of that pdf file I provided above. We don't want you breaking anything else on the car ...
Old 08-04-2008, 11:02 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d M-Sport, Carbon Black, Almost all options [img]http://picasaweb.google.com/rodako/T2/photo#5076044138312609266 [/img]

Guys,!

i was away for a while. Thanks for your replys - loads of fun to read actually!

A lot has happened. I called BMW to say that i couldnt make it tomorrow cause i had to be in belgium so I would like to move the appointment to Wed. And the guy got angry cause he said this is the 2nd time i had moved the appt. Then said the next possible time to make an appt. would be in Sept! . So now i got mad and i drove to the dealer. Fortunately for the twit, his boss was there and he gave me the wed appt. without issues.

But then i got to thinking. this all reaaly doesnt make sense why the chair wont TILT since all i did was remove the knob and put it back! The dealer was convinced it was the electrical gadget in the chair and it would cost me 170euros EXCLUDING fitting PER chair! He said his technitians had inspected the chair and the diagnosis was their professional opion.

Ok, then it hit me. there was one thing I never tried. Put the knob on with the front facing backwards - for those of you with the ' power chair', its the curved part must face backwards. and presto! it worked again!

Ok so it was indeed my fault that I put it back on the wrong way. But our dear technitans spent an hr on it and didnt figure it out! And i bet they would have changed the electrical part and charged me for it too!!

So i canceled the appointment again.

Thanks guys for the time.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i w/ Sports & Permium Pkg. Silv/Blk 2008 VW R32 w/Nav. 1992 VW Corrado Silv/Blk-retired 2001 530i Sports/Premium-retired

Originally Posted by ronald_adi' post='639440' date='Aug 4 2008, 03:02 PM
Guys,!

i was away for a while. Thanks for your replys - loads of fun to read actually!

A lot has happened. I called BMW to say that i couldnt make it tomorrow cause i had to be in belgium so I would like to move the appointment to Wed. And the guy got angry cause he said this is the 2nd time i had moved the appt. Then said the next possible time to make an appt. would be in Sept! . So now i got mad and i drove to the dealer. Fortunately for the twit, his boss was there and he gave me the wed appt. without issues.

But then i got to thinking. this all reaaly doesnt make sense why the chair wont TILT since all i did was remove the knob and put it back! The dealer was convinced it was the electrical gadget in the chair and it would cost me 170euros EXCLUDING fitting PER chair! He said his technitians had inspected the chair and the diagnosis was their professional opion.

Ok, then it hit me. there was one thing I never tried. Put the knob on with the front facing backwards - for those of you with the ' power chair', its the curved part must face backwards. and presto! it worked again!

Ok so it was indeed my fault that I put it back on the wrong way. But our dear technitans spent an hr on it and didnt figure it out! And i bet they would have changed the electrical part and charged me for it too!!

So i canceled the appointment again.

Thanks guys for the time.
Cool!......I love it when problems get solved without spending time and money at the dealer.
Now Ronald there is one last thing though, please edit the phrase 'electric chair' to 'power seat' in the Topic Title so that if someone has this same problem in the future this thread will pop up when they use the search feature.