E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

iPod software upgrades

Old 11-26-2011, 10:46 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i Silver,Gray, Metallic. Blk Dakota leather. Nav. Heads up disply. PDC. Pro logic 7 sound. 35% tint. Mods. MTECH body kit. OEM trunk finisher and M5 spoiler.OEM 166 wheels. Blk and wht CF Roundels. Orion V2 AEs. LCI taillights with Ricky effect. LED interior lights. LED license plate light. HID fogs. Smoked LED side markers. White cluster mod. Coding. RPI scoop & BMC filter. Gloss black OEM grills.CF interior trim. B&B exhaust.

I'm wondering if there is any way to improve the iPod menu on the idrive.
The options it gives you are limited compared to using the actual iPod by itself.
Things such as search by artist and a good shuffle option.
Old 11-26-2011, 04:12 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i

My iPod interface device that replaces the CD changer does have the ability to sort by..
Artist, album, playlist, POD casts, Genre and an all songs list.

I also have the ability to select random playback which is equal to shuffle.
Old 11-26-2011, 04:38 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i Silver,Gray, Metallic. Blk Dakota leather. Nav. Heads up disply. PDC. Pro logic 7 sound. 35% tint. Mods. MTECH body kit. OEM trunk finisher and M5 spoiler.OEM 166 wheels. Blk and wht CF Roundels. Orion V2 AEs. LCI taillights with Ricky effect. LED interior lights. LED license plate light. HID fogs. Smoked LED side markers. White cluster mod. Coding. RPI scoop & BMC filter. Gloss black OEM grills.CF interior trim. B&B exhaust.

Originally Posted by Shlooky
My iPod interface device that replaces the CD changer does have the ability to sort by..

I don't get it.
I have the same device as far as I know and mine only gives me limited options.
Old 11-26-2011, 07:26 PM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by deansimpson
I don't get it.
I have the same device as far as I know and mine only gives me limited options.
Cd 1,2,3,4 and 5 select the different options. Artist, album, songs etc. it's In the interface manual.
Old 11-26-2011, 07:49 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by locomotiveBart
Cd 1,2,3,4 and 5 select the different options. Artist, album, songs etc. it's In the interface manual.
Ahh. Thanks. I'll try that. I don't have the manual.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:35 PM
Senior Members

I've found all of the menus I was looking for except the random playback.
Any suggestions?
Old 11-30-2011, 01:22 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i

When you are listening to a song, press down on the idrive control knob, then turn it to reveal more options. One of the them will be random all, random directory among others.

By the way, my list shows mp3 1, mp3 2, mp3 3 to 6, not CD1 CD2, CD3 etc. no biggie

Enjoy
Old 11-30-2011, 02:21 PM
Senior Members

When you are listening to a song, press down on the idrive control knob, then turn it to reveal more options. One of the them will be random all, random directory among others.

By the way, my list shows mp3 1, mp3 2, mp3 3 to 6, not CD1 CD2, CD3 etc. no biggie

Enjoy
Thanks man!! You rock! I'm sooo happy now.