E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

iPod Interface functionality

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 11:32 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, I finally got the iPod interface installed and coded. Now I'm trying to play my 12000 songs from my 120 gb iPod. So far I have not found a way to access all the songs. All directories contain only 1000 songs and I'm able to make only 4 playlists, containing 1000 songs each. That's about 300 CD's. I would think that any music enthusiast with an iPod would have more than 4000 songs to listen? Am I missing something here or is the functionality really this poor?

Couple of other drawbacks I have noticed:
-Pressing the next song button in the steering wheel does not select a next random song, but just the next song in a playlist. You need to wait untill the song finishes to get another random.
It starts to play the same song from the start, which was the last song that was playing before turning the car off.

I'm complaining about this because in my previous car, Mercedes W203 the iPod interface did play all the songs, the steering wheel random button functioned and I was able to access all my 12000+ songs.

Any comments?
Old 08-26-2010, 01:26 PM
@mr
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 525i e60 (private) M-style,, Carbon Black, HUD, MM Interface. And a BMW 325 e90 (Business),

This is from what I heard, so do not rely on it too much.
The Business (or any other non-professional radio options) versions have indeed a limitation.
On my e90 w Bus nav and radio it is limited to about 500 songs/playlist. I can add more than 4 playlists though.