E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Ipod interface

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 01:23 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I,Space Grey,Hud,Cold Weather,M - Sport, matched GP Thunder headlights and Fogs,,Smoked Badges, Night Vision, Heated Seats,Rear Sunshades, Aux Audio, SAT, NAV, Black Grills, Sprint Booster, Dinan Cold Air, Stage 2 Dinan Software.....More to come soon

OK i have a question here I looked at my glove box and there is a connector neatly tucked in where cd changer should be. I don't have a changer I have sat/nav and Aux and business cd input. Now is this the same connector that connects to the Ipod interface box and if so would it work or i need to code it?

?????
Old 09-29-2011, 02:04 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: F10 M-Sport
Model Year: 2014

If the Ipod connection already exists then there is a very good chance that it has already been coded for the previous owner. Connect your ipod to it and set to CD in menu....
Old 09-29-2011, 03:27 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550I,Space Grey,Hud,Cold Weather,M - Sport, matched GP Thunder headlights and Fogs,,Smoked Badges, Night Vision, Heated Seats,Rear Sunshades, Aux Audio, SAT, NAV, Black Grills, Sprint Booster, Dinan Cold Air, Stage 2 Dinan Software.....More to come soon

Just to be clear, I dont have the Ipod Interface module I was thinking of getting one!!!
Old 09-29-2011, 09:36 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i

Just get the module and code it.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:34 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 E60 545i Manual, Sport, L7
Model Year: 2005

From what iI've read If your CD player reads MP3 fiels then you are good but if it does not than most likely it needs to be programmed. I did mine yesterday and noting happened. I have CdC but it does not play MP3. I going today to code it.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:37 AM
Members

Thanks for starting this thread. I have an 06 530 and have the Ipod connector. I find it useless since the software only allows playlist on the ipod to be used, unless I am missing something. Is it possible to take out the Ipod connector and put in a aux connector? And is recoding needed and if so is that a dealer only thing?

Thanks

Cactus52
Old 09-30-2011, 12:02 PM
Members
Senior Members

after coding it I made my ipod interface work today. I wanted to use my iphone 3GS as as a ipod and have it mounted at dashboard, but apprizingly it does not charge it. I do not want to start a new thread to ask the question and use the this one instead. My question is this BMW ipod interface supposed to charge iphones or it only works(charges) ipods? and is there any other interface that charges iphone at the same time? if not than and which ipod will be used to get charged with ipod interface?
Old 09-30-2011, 12:05 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Margal
after coding it I made my ipod interface work today. I wanted to use my iphone 3GS as as a ipod and have it mounted at dashboard, but apprizingly it does not charge it. I do not want to start a new thread to ask the question and use the this one instead. My question is this BMW ipod interface supposed to charge iphones or it only works(charges) ipods? and is there any other interface that charges iphone at the same time? if not than and which ipod will be used to get charged with ipod interface?
As far s I know you need to have USB interface pre installed on the car which is a very long and crazy looking harness I might be wrong but if I am im sure someone will correct me!
Old 09-30-2011, 01:14 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i

I replaced the CD changer with the BMW iPOD interface adapter and all works beautifully! And yes it also charges my 3GS and you can also select, albums, genre, artist, podcasts and just songs in order you have them on your iPOD or iPhone.

I can even open youtube, and have it play out to the car speakers too, tried various apps like Piano, Safari and all audio is also outputted to your car speakers! Totally awesome.

Nothing like 60 one hour Morgan Page podcasts to keep your Logic 7 system rocking!
Old 09-30-2011, 02:37 PM
Members
Senior Members

How that can be yours charges iphone an mine does not? Is something wrong with ipod interface? and I admit that sound is much better than CD. Please tell me if you can how I can make it charge the iphone.
thanks

Quick Reply: Ipod interface