E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

iPhone app "My BMW remote" working USA!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 01:25 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Found it on 5post.

"Hi all. I have been following this forum for some time and wanted to contribute with something that many people have been wondering about.

I just tested the bmw iphone remote app on my car. And it worked.

Most of you would say that the iphone app is not available to the US market. But, here are the steps that you can take and start using it right here in the US.

1. Create an itunes account in the UK (you may provide a random address). You can do that even if you live here in the US. The only constraint is you can't purchase apps that are not free. But "My BMW Remote" iphone app is for free. So, you can download it without a problem on your PC/Mac.

2. Transfer the app to your iphone.

3. You will get two options - demo mode or actual registration. Click on the latter.

4. Enter your BMW Assist account user name (This is the email you provided BMW the day you bought the car. It gets active right away. I was able to use the app a few hours after I got the car).

5. Enter the password that you provided your dealer when setting up the BMW Assist account.

6. You get a new screen asking for a password again. It is the same password.

7. You will see a screen that shows exactly your car's model and color. Click on it (not on the arrow). Here you may set up pin code for privacy.

8. Now you can start using all functions of My BMW Remore iphone app: a) remote open and lock the car; b) find the location of your car; c) sound the horn; d) flash the headlights. All of these are working great, and yes, here in the US.

What I am missing is remote climate contol and the ability to send google addresses right from within the app.

I hope this will help you start using this great app. It works with a delay (about 30 seconds). But, it is great to have that option.

Let me know how yours is working.

Cheers
bmwstates is offline"

I called BMW assist to get my email but they told me I never set up services yet but I am writing a paper.....so until I am done I wont be able to confirm this.

Anyone feel free take a shot and let us know how it goes .
Old 10-28-2010, 01:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

wow thats sweet, u no longer have to stress if u lock ur keys in the vehicle
Old 10-28-2010, 01:36 PM
Senior Members

what if you dnt have BMW Assist account user name? and does this work for pre lci?
Old 10-28-2010, 01:39 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by aresh
what if you dnt have BMW Assist account user name? and does this work for pre lci?
It only works on 08 and above cars. You also need BMW assist subscription.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:51 PM
Senior Members

how do you create an account for itunes in the UK?

oh nevermind, 08+. i have an 07. still might be a valid question for 08 owners though...
Old 10-28-2010, 01:57 PM
Senior Members

Tuffluck someone said on E90 it works for unlock/lock for a E90. So just give it a try. Itunes account for other countries http://rdsbc.blogspot.com/2008/12/cr...r-another.html.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:11 PM
Members

What happens if you have a pre-lci and now start a subscription to BMW Asssist...sounds worth the subscription for this...although mine is a sep 04 build. How does the app talk to the car?
Old 10-28-2010, 03:45 PM
Members

What if I am not the original owner? I have a 08 that is still within the free 4 years of BMW Assist but as I was not the original owner the email address associated with my car is not mine.

Thanks
Old 10-28-2010, 04:16 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Bob Slydel
What if I am not the original owner? I have a 08 that is still within the free 4 years of BMW Assist but as I was not the original owner the email address associated with my car is not mine.

Thanks
Contact BMW Assist to update your account. If the details are not correct the features (like car recovery and accident reporting) may not function as intended. It's really easy to do - a phone call and fax proof of ownership etc (registration). The BMW Assist feature follows the car (in the USA) NOT the owner.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:28 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Bob Slydel

Thanks
The original owner might not have registered the email just call them and ask.

Quick Reply: iPhone app "My BMW remote" working USA!