E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Internal Mirror Clown Nose -

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 08:24 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545i; Manual Shifter

Originally Posted by fred1976' post='199014' date='Nov 16 2005, 09:07 AM
Here in NL, I have the clown noice but the corresponding basic alarm of BMW is a Class III and the insurrance company required that a class V alarm system should be installed. Anyway, the noice is here and work, coupled to the aftermarket pure NL class V system. So I suppose, it isn't normal that you don't have the clown noice.
Now, of course, as said, you should indicate your location so member of your country can bring customised indications...
Wow, that's actually pretty cool!
Your alarm must sound like a circus!

Just kidding of course. I'm sure your English is much, much better than my Fran-say!
Old 11-16-2005, 11:17 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Current - 330 Sport Topaz Blue, Grey Leather, HK HIFI...lost interest!! Waiting for - 535d Sport, Silver Grey, Foldy Mirrors, 172 19",Logic7,Pro Radio,Through load,Heated Front Seats,High Gloss shadowline,Black Maple,Headlight wash,Sun Protection Glass.

Coco came as standard here in the UK
Old 11-16-2005, 01:39 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have noticed on the new BMWs in the showroom that the "clown nose" (red LED alarm light under the rear view mirror) is thinner/smaller than previous BMW. Think its just a new style that BMW are introducing into the newer cars. I suppose the rear view mirror is the only common part to be used on all BMWs in the range.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:26 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 "Stripper" Now C6 "Stripper"
Talking

Instead, think of it as a Cherry.

The Matrix : There is no spoon!
Old 11-17-2005, 02:26 AM
Members

So guys, can you confirm the following:

1. If the VIN Order Options sheet doesn't report an option thet you have, then it MUST have been installed by the SA afterwards.

2. You have never heard about original stuff alarm system WITHOUT a Clown Nose

Thanks
Luca
Old 11-17-2005, 04:19 AM
Members

My Ride: 535d

Originally Posted by Centurion' post='199024
Here in NL, I have the clown noice but the corresponding basic alarm of BMW is a Class III and the insurrance company required that a class V alarm system should be installed. Anyway, the noice is here and work, coupled to the aftermarket pure NL class V system. So I suppose, it isn't normal that you don't have the clown noice.
Now, of course, as said, you should indicate your location so member of your country can bring customised indications...
Wow, that's actually pretty cool!
Your alarm must sound like a circus!

Just kidding of course. I'm sure your English is much, much better than my Fran-say!
[/quote]

No pb! Thanks for the correction; I always mix that up. Anyway, as the class V system calls me when the alarm is ringing, i.e. when I forget to close a window in sommer time, it is like a circus because then I have to remember the code to provide to the operator to avoid him calling the police... Stress situation indeed.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:38 PM
Contributors

I forgot..who is posting the clown nose picture? I like to see it.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E61 Titanium-Grey, Leather Dakota Black, 525d, Steptronic, Navi Prof & TV, Voice Input, Panorama ceiling, Xenon with dir, etc

Hi,

I had two 3 series before the current 5.
The first one (that i trashed by the way and that i way i had the other one ) had the "clown" light in the mirror because the alarm was installed by the factory.
The other one had a led like you describe because the alarm was installed by BMW BUT it didn't come from the factory. It works exactly like the "clown" one but the light is not in the same place.

Just a note:I prefer the clown one as it is more visible when activating the alarm and checking if it is on in the garage. It is a minor detail, of course, so i didn't complain...
Old 11-17-2005, 05:13 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by amigo525' post='199786' date='Nov 17 2005, 08:38 PM
Here's a picture from Iceman's gallery:

(on an unrelated side note, to my USA eyes, the bank of switches on the headliner looks funny without the "passenger airbag off" light...)
Old 11-17-2005, 05:34 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='199806
Here's a picture from Iceman's gallery:

<removed pictures>

(on an unrelated side note, to my USA eyes, the bank of switches on the headliner looks funny without the "passenger airbag off" light...)
[/quote]

Is the clown nose the red (led)? My car has it. I thought it was something different.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Internal Mirror Clown Nose -