E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Internal Mirror Clown Nose -

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 05:13 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys, I have a terrible doubt. When I ordered my car, I made a list of accessories to get installed and one of those was the original BMW Alarm System.
When I had my car delivered I noticed that it HAD AN alarm system installed but the car was equipped with a rearview internal mirror WITHOUT the well known clown nose. It just had a red led installed in the black consolle near the mirror (near the interior lights siwthes).
As I already knew that feature (thanks to this forum) I asked the guy at my SA and he told me it was a new system.
I was not convinced about that but I didn't want to doubt at that moment.
When I went home and carried on the reading of the manual I realized that that "feature" was not reported in the manual and the alarm system was always the same with the clown nose underneath the mirror.
Some days ago a friend of mine from denmark (a BMW parts online reseller I would suggest anyone for his kindness and professionalism) sent me the VIN Order Options sheet and I realized that the Alarm system (I don't remember the otion number) was not there.

At this point I am relly afarid my SA has probably avoided to order that option (even if he included it in the options list) and he installed an aftermarket alarm instead.

I just ask you:

1. Are you aware of any original alarm system without the clown nose underneath the rear view mirror?
2. If not - and then my SA tried to scam - what do you suggest me to do?
To pretend the original alarm to be installed or to claim for the difference in money?

Thanks
Old 11-16-2005, 05:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i 6 speed

I'll check tinight, but I think I only have an LED on the dashboard.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:43 AM
Members

Well, thanks for your time: I'll wait for your check!

Did you ask for it at the momento of the order or did you install the alarm afterwords?
Thanks
Old 11-16-2005, 06:07 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Luke, it would help if you added your location to your profile so we can help determine what's going on here.

Without knowing too much about the alarm systems offered in other countries, I'm thinking that your system isn't a factory one.

If true, and the dealer is trying to pull one over on you, I'd be plenty pissed at the deceptive practices of the dealer and would be heavily weighing my options as to whether or not I'd give them the car back.

Clearly, I wouldn't be giving them any of my future business...
Old 11-16-2005, 06:13 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525xi

I have the clown nose, and it blinks after locking the car. July 2005 production.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Haven't we seen in places like Finland, or Norway or elsewhere that they had to have some type of aftermarket alarm system to satisfy government purposes?
Old 11-16-2005, 07:07 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by cobradav' post='198980' date='Nov 16 2005, 10:29 AM
Haven't we seen in places like Finland, or Norway or elsewhere that they had to have some type of aftermarket alarm system to satisfy government purposes?
I can't remember but that's why I asked his location -- something tells me he either got ripped-off or there's some country-specific thing going on here...
Old 11-16-2005, 07:27 AM
Senior Members

Luke V,

Are you located in Denmark ??? If yes - then this is the way they install it aftermarket in Denmark, due to the high taxes.. I bought the original Alarm system from factory, with the clown nose.. But if you order it as a retrofit, then they will install it this way.
Old 11-16-2005, 08:07 AM
Members

My Ride: 535d

Here in NL, I have the clown noice but the corresponding basic alarm of BMW is a Class III and the insurrance company required that a class V alarm system should be installed. Anyway, the noice is here and work, coupled to the aftermarket pure NL class V system. So I suppose, it isn't normal that you don't have the clown noice.
Now, of course, as said, you should indicate your location so member of your country can bring customised indications...
Old 11-16-2005, 08:20 AM
Members

Well, sorry to everyone.
I live in Italy.
Thanks for your help.
Luke

Quick Reply: Internal Mirror Clown Nose -