E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Internal Heating/Cooling Fan on at Start

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 06:39 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have searched and trying to figure out to stop the fan (heating/cooling) circulation fan from being turned on when the car is started. fan is off when I shut the car off and i want it to remain off until I decide.

Thoughts on how to stop it?
Old 11-19-2010, 07:07 AM
ADD
Senior Members

What year 5 series?

On mine, whatever setting it is on when the car is turned off is the same it starts up with. May be just on LCIs though.
Old 11-19-2010, 07:12 AM
Members

07' 530xi

Thanks in advance
Old 11-20-2010, 08:44 AM
Members

My Ride: E60 530i 2009 M-Style Black w/ biege interior Fully loaded

any update on this guys?

really need to know how to turn off this thing on start
Old 11-20-2010, 09:51 AM
Members

same thing happens to me too... was wondering how to turn the fan off when I start the car.
I have 08 535i
Old 11-21-2010, 12:50 AM
Members

ok here you go.... as quoted by a BMW service manager:-

"your car will remmember the last settings it has before you switch off engine, so simply switch off Air and then switch off car,next time car starts Air will be off, mind you though, if you use your key by inserting it in key fob, you have to do the same thing with the key inside the key fob (off Air then off engine) as the car will read settings from key IF INSERTED and bring up all settings stored"

i will try it once i get my car back from dealer - replacing brake pads for the THIRD time

anyone tries it plz tell if it works.

cheers...
Old 11-22-2010, 06:04 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535i 6-speed
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by Faizd
ok here you go.... as quoted by a BMW service manager:-

"your car will remmember the last settings it has before you switch off engine, so simply switch off Air and then switch off car,next time car starts Air will be off, mind you though, if you use your key by inserting it in key fob, you have to do the same thing with the key inside the key fob (off Air then off engine) as the car will read settings from key IF INSERTED and bring up all settings stored"

anyone tries it plz tell if it works.
I'll be damned...this actually works! Like MANY people I have struggled trying to get this to work with no success and actually stopped reading posts on the subject. Hmmm...something is weird here...I can't beleive that I haven't tried just turning the fan off before turning the engine off and removing the FOB.

I wonder if it will work when the outside temperature is hot...I know the A/C always turns ON when I crank the car...regardless of what positon I left it in when I shut the car down...something about the climate control senses the tem is hot and turns ON the A/C for your comfort or some crap like that.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:49 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Allen
I'll be damned...this actually works! Like MANY people I have struggled trying to get this to work with no success and actually stopped reading posts on the subject. Hmmm...something is weird here...I can't beleive that I haven't tried just turning the fan off before turning the engine off and removing the FOB.

I wonder if it will work when the outside temperature is hot...I know the A/C always turns ON when I crank the car...regardless of what positon I left it in when I shut the car down...something about the climate control senses the tem is hot and turns ON the A/C for your comfort or some crap like that.

actually asked that same exact question, since it gets very hot here, i asked if the car will sometimes switch on the air by itself or somethin even if settings is off.... answer... a very sarcastic tone NO SIR, IT DOESNT
Old 11-22-2010, 12:28 PM
Members

It will be off if you try it in about thirty minutes but after an hour its back to turning on once you start the engine.