E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior trim and exterior trim

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 11:34 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys!

Had a new 520d SE on order for some time now and it finally came through today but the lease company mixed up the spec
Instead of the standard uk spec grey interior trim i went for the high gloss black However, this was mixed up with the high gloss black exterior trim around the windows

Soooo, what i ended up with was standard grey interior trim and high gloss black around the windows. . . . make sense?

Is it possible for my dealer to change the interior to high gloss black and the exterior to the chrome around the windows?

Thanks alot in advance

Matt
Old 10-04-2007, 12:04 PM
Members

My Ride: '06 535d M-Sport Individual Deep Green Metallic 19" Style 172 wheels Individual Champagne leather Media Pack Visibility pack Sunroof Privacy glass

All the parts are interchangeable...at a cost.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

The black exterior trim looks much better.This is the trim you get with the Sport package, don't change the exterior trim .I think the interior should be changed to black though... as usual IMHO

Cheers
Old 10-04-2007, 12:22 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E90 330i + E60 550i

theoutside trim is replaceable, but it is not easy to get done perfectly.

I personally think the shadowline is a bit cheap...for a "special" trim, I would prefer it be something like audi's gunmetal gray.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:25 PM
Members

Cheers for the replies guys! much appreciated

I think i am just gonna stick with what has come to me today and hopefully will not have to pay for the high gloss as compensation with the lease company

To be honest I would worry about the dealers replacing the trim as i wouldn't be convinced there won't be rattles and squeaks

Cheers

matt

p.s i will get some pictures up asap for your viewing pleasure
Old 10-04-2007, 03:12 PM
Contributors

Swapping the internal trim out is not that hard, especially for a dealer. The components all just "pop out". Maybe they have a demo car or display model that they can swap the trim with?

Personally I don't like the grey plastic, but I guess it depends on the colour of your interior and personal taste. To be honest, if you don't mind the grey, it's probably not worth swapping. And no matter what, it's an excellent car. Just make sure you don't have that nagging voice in the back of your head for the next couple of years saying "I should have swapped for the black" - make sure you're happy with it, that's all that matters.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:04 AM
Members

Interior trim and exterior trim-pa040016revised.jpgInterior trim and exterior trim-pa040018.jpg

here are a couple of pics from yesterday.

Yeah i know what you mean Russ. Due to pretty high mileage (20-30k) per year it is where i will be most throughout the day. As i think this im really not bothered about the exterior shadow line trim as i won't be able to see it. It's the interior im concerned about.

It's not as bad as i thought it would be as the grey interior looks alot more silvery in some lights due to shiny finish it has, and not matt.
Attached Thumbnails Interior trim and exterior trim-pa040017revised.jpg  
Old 10-05-2007, 08:36 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Personally I like the mix up your dealer has done. If you manage to get money back then its certainly worth it. The interior grey doesn't look bad at all. The LCI grey trim looks better than the older grey trim.

Even on my car I opted for the grey instead of the wood finish...it was the only reason why I didn't choose the Luxury Package because it forced Wood on you. It seems daft because the Brushed Alu trim was infact cheaper than the wood but BMW wouldn't swap it for me in the Luxury Package and so I stuck with the basis grey trim, which I kindda like.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

I think this looks great! I was mistaken and thought your ex trim was chrome. The interior is very sharp !!

Cheers!
Old 10-06-2007, 12:40 AM
Members

Cheers for all the positive comments guys

Matt

Quick Reply: Interior trim and exterior trim