E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

INSTRUMENT CLUSTER DOESNT WORK!!!! WTF

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 03:22 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i...just bought so in progress...dont know where to start??? Want to do: LCI Tails, Xenon Headlights, Tints, Wheels, Trunk and Roof Spoiler, iPod Adapter...the list goes on.

hey everyone,
My 05 530i has been absolutely flawless throughout my 2 year ownership until today. I get into the car to bring it to the shop for new brakes/inspection and the gauge cluster doesnt work! I checked all fuses, went through the fuse map in the trunk and pulled the cluster fuse and replaced it...still INOP...anyone have similar problems?? I set up an appointment for tuesday morning but I cant drive around for 4 days without knowing if I have gas or not or how fast im going!?!?!?

Anyone please let me know...thanks
Old 03-28-2010, 08:13 AM
Members

Originally Posted by LiLifter247
hey everyone,
My 05 530i has been absolutely flawless throughout my 2 year ownership until today. I get into the car to bring it to the shop for new brakes/inspection and the gauge cluster doesnt work! I checked all fuses, went through the fuse map in the trunk and pulled the cluster fuse and replaced it...still INOP...anyone have similar problems?? I set up an appointment for tuesday morning but I cant drive around for 4 days without knowing if I have gas or not or how fast im going!?!?!?

My 07 530xi had the same problem yesterday. All of a sudden - the entire instrument panel went blank,iDrive, all gauges, turn indicators, everything. Earlier my seat had stopped working and I was fiddling around with the fuses to see if I needed to replace anything and I thought I had just put one of the fuses back in the wrong place. That was not the problem, but I did notice that two instrument panel fuse slots were empty (both in the glove box). One was 26 and I think the other was 32 or 33.
Can't remember exactly which. But I pulled out a couple of spares (both were 30 Amps) and plugged them in - and that fixed the problem. However, now I've got the get service soon light's coming on!

I'm thinking that when I plugged something back in one of the blanks - it must have been for an accessory I do not have and that's the reason for the light. Don't know for sure. I'm going to remove one of the fuses and see what happens. Got an appointment with the dealership on Thursday because the seats are still not working...

Hope it's something as simple as that with you and that this works. But would be great if you could keep us posted on the resoultion.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:58 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by LiLifter247
hey everyone,

i have a cluster for sale if you need it. its from an 04 545i flawless shape. had 53000 miles on car so its mint. let me know if you end up needing it. 150.00 plus shipping
Old 03-28-2010, 01:02 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

It may be the bad battery. A bad battery can bring some of the strangest problems.
So, check the battery.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:17 PM
Members

My Ride: E60 545 sport package , cold weather, pdc , logic7 , navi , comfort seats

I have problem with my gauges pointers speedometer and rpm during cold winter times , when it's gets stuck frozen for a couple minutes , not moving at all even when driving. I just want to ask if this happened to you before your insturment died on you. do you think this will lead to the same issue that you have now. Thanks.